Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 07-19-2021, 12:12 PM   #1
LordMunchkin

Default Disadvantage Packages

Has anyone here heard of using Disadvantage Packages for DFRPG? These are coherent groupings of Disadvantages centered around character concepts. I found them to be useful for quickly creating characters. Here are some I created for the Wizard:

Battlemage: Code of Honor (Soldier’s) [-10]; Intolerance (Orcs) [-5]; No Sense of Humor [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Wounded [-5].

Blue-Blood: Code of Honor (Gentleman’s) [-10]; Jealousy [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Selfless [-5]; Social Stigma (Disowned) [-5].

Bookworm: Oblivious [-5]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Very Unfit [-15]; Xenophilia [-10].

Cultist: Bloodlust [-10]; Fanaticism [-15]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Vow (Chastity) [-5].

Cursed Scholar: Absent-Mindedness [-15]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Weirdness Magnet [-15].

Duelist: Obsession (Become the world’s most powerful wizard) [-15]; Overconfidence [-5]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Vow (Never refuse a challenge to combat) [-10].

Genius Ditz: Gullibility [-10]; Odious Personal Habit (Annoyingly Cheerful) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Total Klutz [-15].

Hermit: Honesty [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Stubbornness [-5]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].

Lazy Bum: Combat Paralysis [-15]; Gluttony [-5]; Laziness [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5].

Misfit: Clueless [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Short Attention Span [-10]; Wealth (Struggling) [-10].

Mystic: Charitable [-15]; Curious [-5]; Disciplines of Faith (Mysticism) [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5].

Not-A-Necromancer: Callous [-5]; Loner [-5]; Obsession (Become an undead lord) [-15]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Skinny [-5].

Party Animal: Compulsive Carousing [-5]; Lecherousness (12) [-15]; Low Pain Threshold [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5].

Potion-Seller: Greed [-15]; Miserliness [-10]; Obsession (Find the Philosopher’s Stone) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5].

Prankster: Gregarious [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Trickster [-15].

Pyromancer: Hard of Hearing [10]; One-Eye [-15]; Pyromania [-5]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5].

Spy: Cowardice [-10]; Paranoia [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Nation) [-10].

Street Wizard: Code of Honor (Outlaw’s) [-5]; Impulsiveness [-10]; Kleptomania [-15]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5].

Wannabe-Demigod: Obsession (Become a demigod) [-15]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Social Stigma (Excommunicated) [-10]; Truthfulness [-5].

Wild Mage: Bad Temper [-15]; Frightens Animals [-10]; Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]; Unnatural Features 5 [-5].

Please most anymore that you have.
LordMunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
martinl

Default Re: Disadvantage Packages

Died During Character Creation: Bad Temper, Curious, Impulsive, Overconfident, Unlucky.
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMunchkin View Post
Has anyone here heard of using Disadvantage Packages for DFRPG?
Delvers to Grow makes near-exclusive use of -25 point disad packages to speed character generation.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:13 AM   #4
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMunchkin View Post
Has anyone here heard of using Disadvantage Packages for DFRPG? These are coherent groupings of Disadvantages centered around character concepts. I found them to be useful for quickly creating characters. Here are some I created for the Wizard:.
Very nice. Are these all [-35]?

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote