Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Mister Ed

Default Re: Balancing super munchkin

I find the problem with Super Munchkin (if you call it a problem- I guess I do, since the interactivity of the game is reduced when you can't really interfere much in other people's combats) is that EVERYBODY gets overpowered pretty quick. After a while it is really hard to make anybody lose a combat. I haven't noticed a tendency to a blowout victory, though. I suppose that might result if one person is luckier in drawing monsters, though.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
EpicBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I find the problem with Super Munchkin (if you call it a problem- I guess I do, since the interactivity of the game is reduced when you can't really interfere much in other people's combats) is that EVERYBODY gets overpowered pretty quick. After a while it is really hard to make anybody lose a combat. I haven't noticed a tendency to a blowout victory, though. I suppose that might result if one person is luckier in drawing monsters, though.
Here is a simple house rule to handle that. Allow the Rescue Suzie or Save a Kitten GUAL cards to interfere with another persons final combat, but they still can't get the level.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
Drewbeezy09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmobig View Post
My question is, it there any way to balance the game more? maybe by the use of house rules?
I think you answered your question. I myself just started playing recently and find it interesting, as many of the people here have already stated, seating arrangements, incorporating house rules, different decks into the mix can alter any game tone. Make any rule you like really as long as everyone agrees with it. But if you want more of an officaly-esque format, I agree with Blazinjsin,

[QUOTE=Blazinjsin;1661477]Try including the Munchkinomicon in these games to encourage bringing the hate, should slow things down a bit lol[/QUOTE

If you need more balance for everyone, we played a game were 5 of us each got a random class/race card and 3 treasures, and started the game that way, instead of 8 cards.

I guess it depends if your out to have fun or is your group competitive? Is there a "pre-determined- unspoken alliances" when you play the game. My sister and brother in-law are this example. So after figuring this out after the second game is something i pay attention to way more now. You can always play/mix in Apocalypse, as levels don't make the winner. Hope that helps but just that's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Drewbeezy09; 10-16-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Drewbeezy09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balance, super, supermunchkin, unbalanced