Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #1
fabest

Default A few rules questions from our latest session

Hi,

Sorry if I don't use the exact name of the cards but we're playing with french cards so I don't know the exact english name.

1. Once you've entered a new room and drawn a monster card, can you still equip/unequip or is it too late ? The rulebook is not perfectly clear, the action of drawing a monster and its color is in the Explore section, step 5, while the combat starts at step 6.

2. Does the object that gives you +3 and the power of fire (fire breath or sthing like that) makes all your attacks inflamed ? Or is only the +3 from this object inflamed ? For instance against a monster vulnerable to fire, do you double all you attack bonuses or only the ones from inflamed objects when you have the power of fire ?

3. Can you win multiple levels during the same turn by selling multiple amounts of 1000 golds ? Some rule helps say no, a flowchart says yes…

4. You enter the Entrance to fight the boss. The boss is drawn. Can someone use a curse that makes your Munchkin move to an adjacent room to prevent the fight ? It's a curse like "Twist of fate" or sthing like that.

Thx in advance !
fabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: A few rules questions from our latest session

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabest View Post
1. Once you've entered a new room and drawn a monster card, can you still equip/unequip or is it too late ? The rulebook is not perfectly clear, the action of drawing a monster and its color is in the Explore section, step 5, while the combat starts at step 6.
It's too late. Combat begins as soon as you start to explore the new room and you can't equip/unequip during combat.

Quote:
2. Does the object that gives you +3 and the power of fire (fire breath or sthing like that) makes all your attacks inflamed ? Or is only the +3 from this object inflamed ? For instance against a monster vulnerable to fire, do you double all you attack bonuses or only the ones from inflamed objects when you have the power of fire ?
OK, so this seems to be the Amulet of Fire-Breathing vs. King Tut using the English names. You only double the bonus of your flaming Items as it says that flaming attacks are doubled. An official post that confirms this is here.

Quote:
3. Can you win multiple levels during the same turn by selling multiple amounts of 1000 golds ? Some rule helps say no, a flowchart says yes…
That flowchart might be mine and I got that rule from one of the official statements from one of the designers of the game that was posted in this forum. It's meant to work like buying levels in the card game, so buying multiple levels at once is allowed. I can't find that post right now, but I did find this one by MunchkinMan which confirms this is allowed officially.

Quote:
4. You enter the Entrance to fight the boss. The boss is drawn. Can someone use a curse that makes your Munchkin move to an adjacent room to prevent the fight ? It's a curse like "Twist of fate" or sthing like that.
Yes. The English name is Curse! Winds of Fate!. There are several threads on it regarding the boss and it certainly can be used, but it's a little unclear whether the player gets away unharmed or is forced to take a hit and lose a level for Running Away. . . Note that it will still be that player's turn, so if they still have more Move and they didn't lose a level, they can just move straight back into the Entrance to fight a different boss, though.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
fabest

Default Re: A few rules questions from our latest session

Thanks a lot man !
fabest is offline   Reply With Quote