Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-22-2022, 11:57 AM   #41
thorr-kan

Default Re: GURPS Girl Genius Sourcebook

The Friday Night Gaming Group says, under no circumstances, am I allowed to run my "Sparks in Dreamland" adventure idea about Sparks crossing over into Discworld.

Nor am I be allowed to import Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax into Europa to, quote, "Talks some ****** sense into the Baron." unquote.

However, my observation that Vimes and the Baron have some common ground elicited a lot of wincing and some muttered agreement.

It's a beautiful book. The tailoring of GURPS to the setting seems to work really well. And I'm enjoying having it as a reference.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:58 PM   #42
Zarpaulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
The Friday Night Gaming Group says, under no circumstances, am I allowed to run my "Sparks in Dreamland" adventure idea about Sparks crossing over into Discworld.

Nor am I be allowed to import Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax into Europa to, quote, "Talks some ****** sense into the Baron." unquote.

However, my observation that Vimes and the Baron have some common ground elicited a lot of wincing and some muttered agreement.

It's a beautiful book. The tailoring of GURPS to the setting seems to work really well. And I'm enjoying having it as a reference.
I think the Baron would get along better with Lord Vetinari anyways.

"A whole continent of Leonards da Quirm? I do not envy you Klaus."

"If only I could just lock them all up with an easel and be done with it."
Zarpaulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:36 PM   #43
LoneWolf23k

So, just got my own copy in the mail (already had the PDF), and my head is swimming with possibilities. The concept of a game of wandering adventurers and Sparks that's basically "D&D, but with Tech instead of Magic" is prominent in my thoughts.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote