Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-31-2024, 10:53 AM   #311
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Busan: "I would have found a way. Used some sort of noxious plant as a poultice or something. That group kidnapped you and wounded half my men. They don't deserve your sympathy."
(Anoras speaking): "Busan, I don't know what you could have found. You and I are just getting to know each other. But when the archer pointed her bow and arrow at me, I didn't have any poison. I'm a trained healer, not a trained poisoner.

"And even if I did have poison, it could work slowly and painfully. A person you try doing that to might know or at least suspect you poisoned them. So if you try to poison a person when they're holding a deadly sword on you....poisoning them might be the last thing you ever do. I didn't want to die, Busan."

Quote:
Wings: "you knew where she was! You should have stayed far away! you could have stayed far away!"
(Anoras speaking): "Mystic Wings, Busan had said you were watching somehow, but perhaps you didn't see everything. I was gathering healing herbs as you told me to do. When gathering herbs, you have to go where the herbs are. As you said, the archer was hidden--somewhere. When I started gathering herbs, I didn't know exactly where the archer was. But I knew for certain when she pointed her bow and arrow at me."

OOC: Everything Anoras said above is literally true (even if it may be misleading).
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 07:50 AM   #312
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
(Anoras speaking): "Busan, I don't know what you could have found. You and I are just getting to know each other. But when the archer pointed her bow and arrow at me, I didn't have any poison. I'm a trained healer, not a trained poisoner.

"And even if I did have poison, it could work slowly and painfully. A person you try doing that to might know or at least suspect you poisoned them. So if you try to poison a person when they're holding a deadly sword on you....poisoning them might be the last thing you ever do. I didn't want to die, Busan."
Busan: "Yes, you're a peasant, not a soldier."

Quote:
(Anoras speaking): "Mystic Wings, Busan had said you were watching somehow, but perhaps you didn't see everything. I was gathering healing herbs as you told me to do. When gathering herbs, you have to go where the herbs are. As you said, the archer was hidden--somewhere. When I started gathering herbs, I didn't know exactly where the archer was. But I knew for certain when she pointed her bow and arrow at me."
Wings looks at Anoras, livid, maybe even just that Anoras got caught. But can't seem to catch Anoras in a contradiction. (Fast Talk succeeded by 4).

Finally Wings makes a decision.

"You did almost get the Archer caught for us. That's worth something."

[/quote]

OOC: Everything Anoras said above is literally true (even if it may be misleading).[/QUOTE]
True, but that's not actually terribly relevant for fast talk. I'm not convinced... but Anoras has a really high fast talk, so what she said must have been more convincing.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:00 AM   #313
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
For clarification, how would the word "peasant" be considered in Venasir? Is it used as simply a description of a person's place in society, or as an insult? (In English, it could be used either way.)
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
Old 06-03-2024, 11:02 AM   #314
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

It's an observation of status. Mostly. It's not meant as an insult, though the way it's used here is a little belittling.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #315
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
....OOC: Everything Anoras said above is literally true (even if it may be misleading).

True, but that's not actually terribly relevant for fast talk. I'm not convinced... but Anoras has a really high fast talk, so what she said must have been more convincing.
So Anoras is better at Fast-Talk than I am? I guess that's a reason we pay points for skills. :-D Seriously, thanks for your understanding. And on that note....

Quote:
(Anoras speaking) "Thank you for understanding, Busan. You are a very talented soldier."

Quote:
Finally Wings makes a decision.

"You did almost get the Archer caught for us. That's worth something."
(Anoras speaking) "And I thank you, Mystic Wings, for your understanding."
Old 06-10-2024, 11:13 AM   #316
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Wings: "The archer is gone now. We need to get moving"

Busan: "We need reinforcements from stripes."

Wings sputters for a moment, then says "fine. I'll send a message to Stripes and get you your reinforcements. We'll attack tomorrow. That good with flames?"

Flames: "Those captives will be yours. It is your decision to wait."

Busan has them all move deeper into the woods, where they won't be seen from the road, and then set up camp. It seems they'll be there for 24 hours.

There is a little discussion on if the archer will warn the castle, but Anoras's explanation seems to have put an end to that.

Meanwhile, the archer sees Holidor castle out in the distance. She holds up the "token". She is injured, and approaching an enemy position she attacked just 48 hours earlier.

She can see the villages surrounding the castle as she approaches. How will she approach the Venesir?

If Thad's player is around for the wake up roll, now is the time to make it.

OCC: never split the party!

Old 06-10-2024, 03:22 PM   #317
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
The band of warriors had just checked on the Venasir of Holidor, the enemy's nearest fort. The enemy had been caught off gaurd: all the soldiers where in the fort or watching the wrong dwellings.
Quote:
Meanwhile, the archer sees Holidor castle out in the distance. She holds up the "token". She is injured, and approaching an enemy position she attacked just 48 hours earlier.

She can see the villages surrounding the castle as she approaches. How will she approach the Venesir?
I realize it's Cassandra who's approaching, not Anoras. But just to clarify, the first post says the guards were in the fort or watching the wrong dwellings, and there's no mention of combat (or of us receiving injuries). So my understanding, when Anoras suggested the plan to Cassandra, was that we were not seen. (I would think if we had been they would have come after us.)

That is correct, right?

Anoras will check on her patients. (She'll check all of them, but wants to be close to Thad when he shows signs he might wake up. That way she can "try to convince him to tell her the 'secret plans'.")
Old 06-10-2024, 11:40 PM   #318
Kalzazz

Cassandra will walk towards the castle, unless she sees a Venasir first

She keeps bow and shield slung and sword sheathed

When she spots a Venasir she will approach showing token and hands and address in loud slow Haunden "Hi! I'm Cassandra! Do you speak Haunden? Please look at the sign thingy!"

And hold out the token
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 10:01 AM   #319
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
I realize it's Cassandra who's approaching, not Anoras. But just to clarify, the first post says the guards were in the fort or watching the wrong dwellings, and there's no mention of combat (or of us receiving injuries). So my understanding, when Anoras suggested the plan to Cassandra, was that we were not seen. (I would think if we had been they would have come after us.)

That is correct, right?
Yes, she is a Haunden warrior showing up two days after the Haunden scouting trip. Their main loss was livestock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Cassandra will walk towards the castle, unless she sees a Venasir first

She keeps bow and shield slung and sword sheathed

When she spots a Venasir she will approach showing token and hands and address in loud slow Haunden "Hi! I'm Cassandra! Do you speak Haunden? Please look at the sign thingy!"

And hold out the token
She sees a Venasir farmer on the way to the castle. He hurries away from her. She walks through a deserted village, then a band of five Venasir guards start coming towards her.

One of them reads the sign.*

"You Cassandra?" she says in halting Haunden. "Where Giant?"

"Surrender. We no kill you yet."

* I was about to restate the wording of the sign, but Cassandra can't read it our understand the guy reading it... so check out post 281 if you need to know what is said.

Old 06-11-2024, 11:31 AM   #320
Kalzazz

She smiles happilly at them and nod nods "Yep! I'm Cassandra! The giant is that way, with the badguys, they knocked him out!" She points the correct direction to her knowledge "About X hours walk last I saw!"

She stops smiling as they tell her to surrender "Awww! That's not very hospitable, are you still mad about the goats? I guess you are mad about the goats. They were very tasty goats if that's any consolation?"

Cassandra reluctantly hands over her sword, shield and bow "Here you go. But really Anoras is right. I'm soooo not your worst enemy right now"
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote