Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-24-2022, 01:48 PM   #21
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Wanted: New Adventures

Sounds like fun!
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:19 PM   #22
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
If you wonder I'm a Barbarian. For mechanics I'm Human and have the Savage Attacker Feat and it's Fun! My first attack was 17pts of damage. You can roll your damage die twice and take the better one. How much this improves damage for a D12 seems complicated.
It's +1.99 average on a non-critical hit, +2.79 on a critical (go to anydice.com, enter a formula such as "output [highest of 2d12 and 2d12]")
Old 05-24-2022, 08:17 PM   #23
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
It's +1.99 average on a non-critical hit, +2.79 on a critical (go to anydice.com, enter a formula such as "output [highest of 2d12 and 2d12]")
Thank you.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #24
jason taylor

You are a member of XTribe on the Borders of the X Empire. A raiding party from the other side comes across and steals a lot of livestock, or to up the stakes, women and children. You have to first get a posse together, second find the raiders, third rescue the captives, and fourth get home, eluding hostiles on the opposite side of the border.

This basically idea is simple enough but exceedingly flexible. For ideas read the Steel Bonnets by MacDonald, Philip Longworth's Cossacks, etc.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:40 PM   #25
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
This basically idea is simple enough but exceedingly flexible. For ideas read the Steel Bonnets by MacDonald, Philip Longworth's Cossacks, etc.
We've theoretically started that new game (only one session so far) so I'm not as much in the market but the above is pretty much the exact opposite of what I was looking for.

I don't need general ideas. Ideas are easy. What I'm looking for are fully developed and ready-to-run adventures with maps and planned encounters, beginnings, middles and ends. Particularly the middles. My experince tells me that's the hard part.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:50 AM   #26
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
You are a member of XTribe on the Borders of the X Empire. A raiding party from the other side comes across
The Other side? We might call them the O Empire. What happens if they manage three raids in a line?
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:50 AM   #27
Baldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
So, in with those things understood what "large and well-developed adventures" would you recommend?
https://tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?page_id=844

I've posted the Link above (with a few suggestions) elsewhere in the GURPS forum, most of those adventures are at least very good.
After reading (very late, sorry!) this post, I think you want The High Moors:

https://tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=6631
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-High-Moors-5E

This is NOT a mere (and huge) game world, it comes with a truckload of maps AND adventures/locations to explore/plunder AND incredible mysteries to solve. This stuff is absolutely EPIC and inventive, the price for failure is often severe (yes, the players *can* destroy the world for real!), and the ending is something incredible (let's just say it starts in the engine room of a starship, but you can NOT imagine what happens next).

It's $10, why not?
Baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #28
Fred Brackin

Thank you. This is the sort of thing I've been looking for.