Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #41
Racer

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
I'm deployed to the "sand box" right now, so I don't have any CW material, other than what's on my lap top. So I really can't compare them to other cycle/trike engines. But, if anyone else wants to take a crack at tweaking my stuff, feel free. One of the reasons I posted all this stuff was to see if it could be fined tuned and work within established game mechanics. Anyone want to take a crack at playtesting these engines and posting a little feed back?
I've playtested a HD/Sports Trike PP w/SCs & PCs (1610 PFs) in a Light Trike w/Std. Chassis ( 1,600lbs Max. Load ) , in a racing event . Worked very well until I took a corner too fast , but that was my fault not the power plants !
It was nice to have a reasonably equiped Trike , with a 15 acceleration for a change .
Old 11-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #42
Hemlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehos
I love the Smart Mines idea.

Any anti-ramplate ideas?

Anti-ramplate ideas ?

Dropped weapons. Especially with Bumper Triggers. (Ram me and you'll die too, jerk!)

Get a Bigger ramplate.

Jump Jets.

Enough speed that the Ramplate can't catch you.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #43
Hemlock

Idea:

Based off "Real World" Jumper Cables, a set of cables that allow you to transfer the charge from one electirc power plant to another. So you can revive a drained vehicle.

It wouldn't be vehicle mounted equipment, but could be useful cargo item for scenarios.

Anyone have cost and weight ideas ?
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #44
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock
Idea:

Based off "Real World" Jumper Cables, a set of cables that allow you to transfer the charge from one electirc power plant to another. So you can revive a drained vehicle.

It wouldn't be vehicle mounted equipment, but could be useful cargo item for scenarios.

Anyone have cost and weight ideas ?
Slave Cable - $25, 5lbs. I'd have to figure out how many power units it could transfer.

Heavy Duty Slave Cable - $50, 10lbs. Used for over sized vehicles.
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #45
Parody

Hmm...well, this comes from the ADQ&A in issue 5/4:
Quote:
Could a vehicle with a solar panel recharge other vehicles?
Yes, but both must be stationary. Only one vehicle at a time may be charged.
Solar Panels are built into a vehicle, so I'd say this includes hooking the two vehicles together to transfer charge. Since they don't mention any extra required cables or skill checks to do it, I'd say that you don't need to buy a cable to "jump charge" another vehicle. The maximum charge you'd wind up with is half of the available PUs.

Assuming you'd even need one, the adaptor to go between oversized and non-oversized is probably included in a Tool Kit (or better).

Last edited by Parody; 11-25-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:35 AM   #46
DSumner

Crystal Explosive Spikes: 5 x CPS, normal weight. Sighting rules as per Crystal Spikes. All other stats as per Explosive Spikes.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"

Last edited by DSumner; 03-15-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #47
Blarg

Tear Gas Additive: CPS variable, WPS 0. Must be used with all ammo in a magazine.
TGA is added to the ammunition of weapons that produce smoke as a side effect, such as flamethrowers. It causes the smoke produced to be treated as tear gas. CPS is 10 for each 1/2"x1" smoke counter produced by firing the weapon.

High-Viscosity Ammo: Used in flamethrowers of all types. Must be used with all ammo in a magazine. May not be combined with HT ammo.
CPS and WPS +25%. Range +1/3(round to nearest 1/2") or +3", whichever is greater. Burn mod -1, burn duration +2.
Blarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #48
Scurv

I always thought road torpedos would be fun. A micro trike (make it 1/2 to 1/3 of the size of the smallest trike chassis) with rocket boosters for power and use the kamibomb rules for the warhead. Add a remote control setup for guidance.

Very silly but it would be priceless to see someones face as it took a corner and kept coming after them.

Also considering so many things can go wrong with boosters and the low HC of remote vehicles it would be somewhat balanced.
Scurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #49
DSumner

Specialty Shotgun Ammo

Anti-Personnel Flechette Ammo - 2 x CPS, 2 x damage to pedestrians.
Rifled Slugs - 5 x CPS, full damage to vehicles.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"

Last edited by DSumner; 03-15-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #50
MIB 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Specialty Shotgun Ammo
I'd rather get rid of VSGs entirely and introduce FG ammo that can hurt vehicles (a little). The game doesn't need two weapons that are so similar, especially when both stink.
MIB 1473 is offline   Reply With Quote