Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 09-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #21
kjamma4

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Did you ever bother to work out stats for the ACE? If so,
No, I never did. One thing that I did think about was having different types of acid. One would be better against plastic armor and the other would be good against metal.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #22
Parody

Apparently the acid being used is much better than Superacid.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
DSumner

I don't have stats for Superacid, or any of the other gear from the 2050 Uncle Al's Update. So I'm not sure how this stuff stacks up against it. For those of you that have the Update, how do my versions of acid stack up?

Last edited by DSumner; 12-12-2006 at 07:57 PM.
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #24
Parody

Superacid doesn't do real vehicular damage unless you remain exposed to it, though it has a lot of side effects and can damage internal and external components if you're exposed too long. SA is an ammo type for the Toxin Gas Ejectors, so it's a military weapon and extremely expensive. Its main purpose seems to be to eat through chemical shielding; Superacid followed by Toxin Gas would be pretty devastating.

The Acid Spray Mister basically sets a car on fire for 1d turns with no checks and no chance of being extinguished.

As far as being acid weapons, the ASM is much more powerful for the money than Superacid. ($1K vs. $20K!) Compared to the FCE, the ASM is slightly cheaper and should average more damage over time but has no chance of removing metal.

Last edited by Parody; 09-10-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #25
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

so.... will anyone buy the HR anymore?

it's a little too good. more damage, way better to-hit, and only $100 more. it should probably be at LEAST double in price, and MAYBE some more weight added.

"Hyper Velocity Missiles - To Hit 7, 4d damage, 2DP, Cost $300, Weight 100lbs. 1 space, 1-shot weapon, 1” burst radius."
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #26
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

short of some numbers crunching that i'm not prepared to do [ :) ], i can only say... i don't know.

IS there some hidden formula in the weapons that reveals the golden ratio of 'cost to weight to damage to to-hit' created by SJG to ease their work?

an AP HR would do 3d+3 damage and cost $300. that +3 costs 50% of the weapon, or say 1/2 a die. for a FULL die (6 potential points more) would you have to add 100% to the cost? ...but you added some weight to beef up the damage (maybe more explosives), but then does an 'extra die' to the damage equal a '+6' to a normal roll??

:)

i don't know.

i would say that if you wanted more feedback, to ask about specific weapons that you'd like to hear about. there are SO many listed here that the novelty of them is a little diluted.
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #27
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrey
IS there some hidden formula in the weapons that reveals the golden ratio of 'cost to weight to damage to to-hit' created by SJG to ease their work?
Not that I'm aware of. I think that when they originally published Car Wars, they tried to balance each weapon against the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrey
i would say that if you wanted more feedback, to ask about specific weapons that you'd like to hear about. there are SO many listed here that the novelty of them is a little diluted.
The reason I ask for feedback, is becuase I post this stuff as it pops into my head, and while the initial idea my sound great, it may be one of the worst ideas I've ever come up with. I'd just like a few general comments on each item, and if someone has a better idea, or an improvement, I'd like to hear it also. So feel free to pick out a few items and post your comments.

Last edited by DSumner; 02-27-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #28
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4
I had thought of something like this in the past that I thought should be called Acid Cloud Ejector (ACE). I thought this would be good for an Uncle Albert's - When you're in trouble, this is your ACE in the hole!
kjamma4, I'm working on a little PDF combining all the goodies I've posted here, plus some new stuff. I'm also revising a few items, including the Acid Spray Mister, and with your permission, I'd like to use the name Acid Cloud Ejector (ACE). Do you mind?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:37 AM   #29
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
kjamma4, I'm working on a little PDF combining all the goodies I've posted here, plus some new stuff. I'm also revising a few items, including the Acid Spray Mister, and with your permission, I'd like to use the name Acid Cloud Ejector (ACE). Do you mind?
For name credit recognition, it's yours!!!
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #30
Racer

Improved Anti Tank Guns: Double the base (unloaded) cost . Improves To-hit to 7 and lessens recoil - firing a single standard ATG on anything bigger than a compact is no longer a hazard . Second and subsequent ATGs fired is a cumulative D1 hazard . WPS and CPS remain the same : IATG $4,000 600lbs , loaded cost and weight $4,500 700lbs .

Can also be used to improve Heavy ATGs , from DeathKnight Industries : http://novacw.com/nwc-dki.htm
Heavy Anti-Tank Gun: To-hit 8, $3,500, 700 lbs, 4 spaces, 6 DP, 10 shots, 4D6 damage, burst effect. CPS $100, WPS 15, loaded cost $4,500, loaded weight 850 lbs. May use HEAT, HESH, APFSDS and DPU ammo.
This weapon is a larger, more powerful version of the standard ATG. Non-oversized vehicles that fire this weapon take a cumulative D1 hazard from the recoil . ( A 50mm ATG )

Moves the standard Tech level 6 Car Wars ATG into Tech level 7 - current Car Wars time line should now be moving into early Tech level 8 . Gives Light AFVs a better choice of weaponry and ammo . Many 1930's and '40's tanks had 37-40mm main guns .

Last edited by Racer; 11-25-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote