Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-28-2023, 07:15 PM   #1
JamieMcK

Default Issue downloading 5.0.209 update from Shopify

On the Spotify page, it acknowledges that I already purchased GCA. But I can't figure out how to get the _5.0.209.release.exe without buying the program all over again.

My current version is 5.0.207.1
JamieMcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:18 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Issue downloading 5.0.209 update from Spotify

You have a Downloads page at the store. Go to that, find GURPS Character Assistant, download the ZIP file, open it, run the setup program.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:27 PM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

Okay, I just tested, and the Shopify store is a little janky for me.

Log into your Account there. Go to your Account page. (Click the icon in the upper right corner and select Account if you aren't already there when you log in.)

Click on View Downloads.

Click on GURPS Character Assistant (SJG31-4001).

For me, this is where it gets janky, possibly because it's a comp for me, because it then takes me to another list of downloadables, instead of directly to the GCA download. If that happens, just search the list for GURPS Character Assistant.

Click the Download File button.

After it downloads, open the ZIP it downloaded. (On Shopify it seems to default to downloading a file named SJG31-4001.ZIP, while from the store here it downloads GURPS_Character_Assistant.ZIP).

Extract the EXE and run it. You'll probably have to tell Windows that yes, you really want to run it, same as you did when you first installed it.

Do the Setup thing. It should be a truncated install, because you already have a copy. After that, you should be updated to 209.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:37 AM   #4
JamieMcK

That did the trick.

Thank you.
JamieMcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:56 AM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

You're welcome!