Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
capnq

Default Sweet dream

I dreamed that I won a Munchkin tournament by using an ultra-rare promo bookmark, and the prize was copies of SJGames entire game line. I woke up before anyone could answer my question about how much the prize was worth for tax purposes.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. -- Mark Twain
Old 04-03-2021, 03:17 PM   #2
capnq

Default Re: Sweet dream

I had an even better dream last night. I was playing a FPS which morphed into a VR Lovecraftian horror game, then flying through a psychedelic dreamscape. It was so compelling that I tried to continue the dream after I woke up, moving the way the VR controls worked. I almost feel like God gave me a glimpse into the nature of reality. Everything we do incrementally changes the state of the universe.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. -- Mark Twain
Old 04-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
capnq

The dreams just keep coming. This one was a LARP of Space Empires V (I'd post a link, but the Steam store site seems to be down), in a stadium custom built for it, with multimedia coverage like a sporting event, and costumes for the (mostly humanoid) aliens.

Back in reality, I spent some of my Christmas money to fill my Easter basket with Munchkin eggs. :-)

Old 04-05-2021, 02:07 PM   #4
capnq

Two more: both cellular automata like the computer game Life, but in six dimensions. This is a fairly common theme in my dreams; the flying part of the earlier one was another CA. To me, these are more glimpses into reality. I woke from the first one when someone in the dream called my name; I'm not sure what woke me the second time.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:10 AM   #5
capnq

Wow, this one was especially vivid. I was having dinner with a group of friends at a Chinese restaurant, and we passed the time waiting for our orders playing a CA about building mankind's first interstellar spacecraft from the wiring up. I woke up as someone was consoling me after the second explosion caused by my errors. After I woke, I could still see the patterns of the building blocks.This inspired me to dust off my old copy of Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #6
sjard
Stick in the Mud

<Moderator> Please take this to a personal blog, as it has little to do with SJG in general. Thank you.
</Moderator>
MIB #1457
Closed Thread