Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #21
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Van Zandt's Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Yes there is: Classic Time Travel is an alternate multiverse, like Horatio Club, Order of the Hourglass and the Time Corps. Just because the book exists it doesn't mean that the setting exists in IW (i.e. Tales of Solar Patrol, Transhuman Space, default space)
"The history and geopolitics of Centrum Beta are identical to those of Centrum up to 1895, as detailed on p. 46-56. (See GURPS Alternate Earths 2 for further details about Centrum’s history.)" Infinite Worlds pg 120

"2003 – I.S. operatives capture a foreign parachronic conveyor, visit the new timeline “Secundus” (alias Homeline)." GURPS Alternate Earths 2 pg 121

"The discovery of Secundus (which Centrum sees as a dangerously disunited near-anarchy) in 2015 awoke deep-rooted fears and silenced the objectors." Infinite Worlds pg 48
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #22
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
"The history and geopolitics of Centrum Beta are identical to those of Centrum up to 1895, as detailed on p. 46-56. (See GURPS Alternate Earths 2 for further details about Centrum’s history.)" Infinite Worlds pg 120

"2003 – I.S. operatives capture a foreign parachronic conveyor, visit the new timeline “Secundus” (alias Homeline)." GURPS Alternate Earths 2 pg 121

"The discovery of Secundus (which Centrum sees as a dangerously disunited near-anarchy) in 2015 awoke deep-rooted fears and silenced the objectors." Infinite Worlds pg 48
I'm not sure a minor dating discrepancy is enough of a hook for a whole two new universes.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #23
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
I'm not sure a minor dating discrepancy is enough of a hook for a whole two new universes.
You have never read Crisis on Infinite Earths: Absolute Edition (2005) have you?

Far smaller things than dates were used to justify many of those worlds of the Pre-Crisis (now revived and expanded) DC multiverse. The details separating Earth-154 and Earth-216 are insanely esoteric. Earth-One and Earth-Thirty-Two are similarly esoteric.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote