Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #331
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes, it would, though they'd be looking for a stray tourist.
Sure. But looking for nobody would beat looking for a lost tourist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Priests DO live outside of the temple complex. They go home in great droves at the end of the day.
Yeah, that's what I figured; unlike pilgrims and dignitaries I imagine they're coming and going fairly regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They go home in great droves at the end of the day. Halcyone follows one onto a bus, where it drives speedily to a wealthy neighborhood about 7 miles away from the complex. There are only five stops, where large numbers of people get off and on... the initial load is about half priestly, but the number goes down at each stop. At the fifth stop for the bus, the priest gets off and walks towards a large parking lot, looking for his car. Many other people are getting into their parked vehicles as well.

How will Halcyone follow?
I don't suppose there's a taxi around. Heck, how many destiny points for a convenient taxi to be around? Failing that, I suppose I could just note down his car's plate, make, color and such, and go looking wandering around public spaces and/or break into the trunk and hide another day.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:54 AM   #332
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Spoiler:  


Quote:
Vassarious steps back into close combat and senses the man's presence, taking in his stance, and where the tension is his body is concentrated. The octogenarian slips to the side a bit, lashing out with another double swing to strike the outside of the remaining arm.

One attack is dodged, the other is not. Roll damage... the arm is probably crippled, and the fight mostly over.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:55 AM   #333
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I don't suppose there's a taxi around. Heck, how many destiny points for a convenient taxi to be around? Failing that, I suppose I could just note down his car's plate, make, color and such, and go looking wandering around public spaces and/or break into the trunk and hide another day.

There are a number of taxis just waiting!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #334
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There are a number of taxis just waiting!
Thank god they haven't invented ride-share services. I'll look for the car he's looking for, and once I spot it, I'll hop in a cab, offer the cabbie a bunch of money and say "follow this car!" or something like that.

Quote:
[230] 21-12-22 16:08:17 GMT
Observation
3d6 <= 16
1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
[231] 21-12-22 16:15:24 GMT
Fast-Talk (by Memetics)
3d6 <= 15
6 + 2 + 6 = 14 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #335
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Cutting Damage to Left Arm

4d6
6 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 16

I said swing, but I went with the thrust damage since we're in CC... It does not have to be that way, and I could see swing working, but I had a sneaking feeling you'd prefer to stick to thrust in CC. If not, I can always roll more dice ;)

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:46 AM   #336
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Thank god they haven't invented ride-share services. I'll look for the car he's looking for, and once I spot it, I'll hop in a cab, offer the cabbie a bunch of money and say "follow this car!" or something like that.
"I'm following. You don't know the actual address, do you?"

What do her clothes look like? Who does she look like right now?

The car pulls up to a gated community. Halcyone has noted the color and ID marks.

The taxi driver says "Is he going to let us in?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Cutting Damage to Left Arm
6 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 16
Quote:
I said swing, but I went with the thrust damage since we're in CC... It does not have to be that way, and I could see swing working, but I had a sneaking feeling you'd prefer to stick to thrust in CC. If not, I can always roll more dice ;)
Given that its described as a bladed hand, I'm fine with either thrust at +2 per die or swing without it.

The blow takes off the arm, sword and all.

"Nice dance." The man says. He's still up, but with his arms crippled, he's stopped fighting. "Next time we'd better get you more partners". He bows, his stump not even bleeding.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #337
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious considers taking this man's form, but decides against it, as he is concerned it may open him up to the false Maximus' commands. But he will search the assassin for ID or a wallet... anything they might find useful.

"More partners? What kind of a girl do you think I am?"

She says with a smile.

"Don't you worry now... You may not believe this, but things will be put right, and you'll be happier for it."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #338
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"I'm following. You don't know the actual address, do you?"
"No, I don't."

I'll only elaborate if pressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What do her clothes look like? Who does she look like right now?
What's the weather like? Out of wishful thinking I'll go with sunny and warm. I'll go with fashionable clothes in subdued colors, so as to look good while blending in a little. Probably works. Regardless of whether I'm going with pants or a skirt, I'm probably going with a longer cut. In any case probably not something practical for combat or infiltration. No idea if this fits budget or needed a roll. I'll be going with a variation on my usual "human" face. Helps keep in practice and is a mildly helps not being recognized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The car pulls up to a gated community. Halcyone has noted the color and ID marks.
How big is the gated community? Big enough for commercial space inside? Was he waved through or stopped for identification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The taxi driver says "Is he going to let us in?"
"Give me a minute to talk with him."

Honestly if it's just a big residential zone I'm not sure what I could accomplish entering by taxi.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:26 AM   #339
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious considers taking this man's form, but decides against it, as he is concerned it may open him up to the false Maximus' commands. But he will search the assassin for ID or a wallet... anything they might find useful.

"More partners? What kind of a girl do you think I am?"

She says with a smile.

"Don't you worry now... You may not believe this, but things will be put right, and you'll be happier for it."

Retifurus is technically still kicking... will V do anything to further disable her "partner"?


"I think you're the sort of girl who'll take an entire ball to take down. Luckily, We have one, and you just have your friend on another world. Go home. We don't want you here."


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"No, I don't."

I'll only elaborate if pressed.
The taxi driver just chuckles... Halcyone suspects her rate might have just gone up a little.


Quote:
What's the weather like? Out of wishful thinking I'll go with sunny and warm. I'll go with fashionable clothes in subdued colors, so as to look good while blending in a little. Probably works. Regardless of whether I'm going with pants or a skirt, I'm probably going with a longer cut. In any case probably not something practical for combat or infiltration. No idea if this fits budget or needed a roll. I'll be going with a variation on my usual "human" face. Helps keep in practice and is a mildly helps not being recognized.
That works. Sunshine it is.


Quote:
How big is the gated community? Big enough for commercial space inside? Was he waved through or stopped for identification?
The community is probably 50 large houses or so. Not large enough for commercial space... though they probably have servants that come to cook, clean, and do yard work.



Its an electronic gate. He seems to be having a little trouble.


Quote:
"Give me a minute to talk with him."
Halcyone jumps out of the car... what will she say.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #340
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"Well, I never!"
And Vassarious slashes out Retifurus' legs.

"I was going to let you walk out of here, but such rudeness deserves chastisement sonny."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.