Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2022, 10:46 AM   #1231
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
what command are you sending? its not clear, and it rather matters.
Daymar will suggest to both that they stand down and stop fighting. If they respond to that, it will be evidence they are both under his control, and then he will send further instructions.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:51 AM   #1232
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will suggest to both that they stand down and stop fighting. If they respond to that, it will be evidence they are both under his control, and then he will send further instructions.

They stop, and then look at each other


"What just happened?" one of them asks.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:56 PM   #1233
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They stop, and then look at each other

"What just happened?" one of them asks.
Daymar suggests to the one who made a grab for the weapon to apologize, saying, "Sorry, I'm not sure what came over me." He then suggests to them both to come consult with him and Pookivo, as fellow security. If they are wearing gloves, he will further suggest that they remove them the better to shake hands. He whispers to Pookivo, "Chat with them, distract them if necessary, I plan to convert them to our side."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #1234
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
On to 18E. I guess my invisibility is still working?

Anything hazardous in 18E?
Hua searches 18E, and no one is present. But one deck above, in 17E, there are six life support workers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar suggests to the one who made a grab for the weapon to apologize, saying, "Sorry, I'm not sure what came over me." He then suggests to them both to come consult with him and Pookivo, as fellow security. If they are wearing gloves, he will further suggest that they remove them the better to shake hands. He whispers to Pookivo, "Chat with them, distract them if necessary, I plan to convert them to our side."

They call out to Pookivo and Daymar "Hey! did you see what happened?" Pookivo turns and says that he thinks maybe he saw something, let him think... something about that feels off to the guards, but they push "Maybe you saw something! did you or didn't you?"


They're not wearing gloves.*


*maybe that would be a good security precaution... but they're not.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:05 AM   #1235
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua searches 18E, and no one is present. But one deck above, in 17E, there are six life support workers.
I'll notify the guards that there's nobody in 18E and redirect them to clear 17DE. Then I'll slip into 17DE to take the life support personnel by surprise when the security enters.

Quote:
[803] 22-02-28 18:04:35 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
[802] 22-02-28 18:04:27 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
I guess after this is 19F. How many entrances are there for the whole bottom of the ship area? That's a pretty lively place if I recall.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:05 PM   #1236
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Would you like to scout them out? (...)
Sure, Pacifica will scout. First, she activates her displacement skill (14-2) to enhance her stealth:

Displacement (luck)
3d6 <= 12
1 + 1 + 3 = 5 ... success.

Then she moves stealthily:
Stealth (15+4)
3d6 <= 19
3 + 2 + 1 = 6... critical success.

And takes an observation roll:
3d6 <= 14
2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... success.

(If possible, I'd like this use critical to assassinate the guards silently, just let me know beforehand).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:03 PM   #1237
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They call out to Pookivo and Daymar "Hey! did you see what happened?" Pookivo turns and says that he thinks maybe he saw something, let him think... something about that feels off to the guards, but they push "Maybe you saw something! did you or didn't you?"

They're not wearing gloves.*

*maybe that would be a good security precaution... but they're not.
Daymar says, "I think he just tripped. Hey, we haven't met, I'm Nijothu." He suggests to them both that they take turns shaking his hand. Once he has one hand in his grip, he will release control of that person, and try to use Mental Surgery.

[809] 22-02-28 23:02:32 CET

Mental Surgery (All-Out Concentrate, -1 for having Suggestion active, Fanaticism (Quinta Republica))

3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 6 = 11 ... success

He then will take the other ones hand, release control, and also try Mental Surgery.

[810] 22-02-28 23:03:34 CET

Mental Surgery (as above, without -1 for having Suggestion active)

3d6 <= 16
3 + 1 + 2 = 6 ... success - critical success

Edit: I realized I couldn't have maintained Suggestion while using Mental Surgery since they are alternative abilities of each other, so I'll release it as soon as I have the first guard's hand is mine and hope the other one will go along with the last suggestion received. On the plus side, this does increase my effective skill for the first roll by one, so success by 5 rather than 4.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 03-01-2022 at 03:43 AM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #1238
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll notify the guards that there's nobody in 18E and redirect them to clear 17DE. Then I'll slip into 17DE to take the life support personnel by surprise when the security enters.
They're working in one cluster of four and another cluster of two. Will you simply be appearing to shock them into surrender? which group will you be close to...


Security bursts in, and the men seem shocked and stunned, and cooperate. Except for one, who steps back behind a sewage tank..


Quote:
I guess after this is 19F. How many entrances are there for the whole bottom of the ship area? That's a pretty lively place if I recall.
Each compartment has at least one hatch leading down into it, and then there are the elevators... so we're looking at at least three dozen into the fore section of deck 19 (the aft section is disconnected, of course).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Sure, Pacifica will scout. First, she activates her displacement skill (14-2) to enhance her stealth:

(If possible, I'd like this use critical to assassinate the guards silently, just let me know beforehand).
Neither of them have kinetic weapons. If Pacifica wants to position to attack both of them in one maneuver using any of rapid strike, evaluate +3, telegraphic strike, and hit locations, she can go right ahead.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar says, "I think he just tripped. Hey, we haven't met, I'm Nijothu." He suggests to them both that they take turns shaking his hand. Once he has one hand in his grip, he will release control of that person, and try to use Mental Surgery.
The first shake is strange, and lingers longer than it should of, and then the guard says "Nijothu! I think I do remember you. Thuno, do you remember Nijothu?"


[/quote]Edit: I realized I couldn't have maintained Suggestion while using Mental Surgery since they are alternative abilities of each other, so I'll release it as soon as I have the first guard's hand is mine and hope the other one will go along with the last suggestion received. On the plus side, this does increase my effective skill for the first roll by one, so success by 5 rather than 4.[/QUOTE]
And wow... that mattered. Close shave there.


Thuno reaches for his weapon. Pookivo grabs for it as well, but Thuno steps out of reach.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-01-2022 at 08:47 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:21 AM   #1239
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The first shake is strange, and lingers longer than it should of, and then the guard says "Nijothu! I think I do remember you. Thuno, do you remember Nijothu?"

Thuno reaches for his weapon. Pookivo grabs for it as well, but Thuno steps out of reach.
Daymar will attempt Suggestion again on Thuno. (I'm guessing I can't just port over the Mental Surgery roll that would have been against him, so have rolled again below).

[814] 22-03-01 18:19:59 CET

Suggestion (Thuno), including -1 range penalties

3d6 <= 16
5 + 3 + 5 = 13 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #1240
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They're working in one cluster of four and another cluster of two. Will you simply be appearing to shock them into surrender? which group will you be close to...
Uhm... Maybe "take by surprise" was a little bit stronger than I was meaning. It was more, "Stay invisible and monitor, while being ready to stop someone by surprise."

If I can be positioned between both groups such that I can keep eyes on both (even if it means turning my head), I'll take that position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Security bursts in, and the men seem shocked and stunned, and cooperate. Except for one, who steps back behind a sewage tank..
Was he running or was he walking?

If he was walking I'll try to slip behind him and jab him with the barrel of my pistol. Then I'll say, "No stupid heroics, I rarely miss and never at these ranges. Hands on your head and back to the group.". Then I'll fire if he does anything besides what I told him to.

If he was running I'll chase after him and try to line up a shot on him.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.