Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-21-2021, 12:41 AM   #301
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Just in case you folks don't know, Erick will be on vacation until Tuesday; so he won't be as active these days.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:06 PM   #302
GnomesofZurich

No worries, we can all use a break from time to time.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #303
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I'm back!

Ok, we have a bunch of action to run. I'm going to be running this largely sequential for the next little bit, because I think there is a lot more potential for events to drastically change the situation on the ship. I'll also try to post the time and shift on each post.

Lets see how this goes!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:06 AM   #304
Hide

Glad to see you are back. Ready for action!
Old 06-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #305
TGLS

Quote:
She plans replacing this person with Day so he stays in the ship and their positions aren’t compromised.
Quote:
Nijothu Thovuthi, a shield technician from the 3rd shift.
OK, how many people are we going to need to brainwash to accomplish that? I figure the floor is going to be three (i.e. both buddies and Nijothu), but probably higher than that.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #306
Hide

Not many, we just need to fetch the man and his buddy. Pothi is piece of cake (or mashed potatoes).

Then Day can use mundane ways to support his imposture: Disguise and acting, for starters.

I guess Hua will play a key roll on this matter she can come in a dazzle the guys as Day does his stuff.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #307
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...)The delusion is just a -5. Nichapu needs a motivation for why he thinks he did it though. He has no loyalty to your cause at this point. Also, did you want to make those effects instant or sink in overnight? I ran this assuming an overnight transition.
Maybe the guy is a long time sleeper agent.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #308
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
(...) Whatever Pacifica's response, Day's immediate concern is dropping them out of hyperspace and putting the engines into a position where they are repairable, but not without a lot of effort and time. Are there fewer staff on the nightshift, meaning is this a time when he is less likely to be caught in his sabotage efforts?
Hey GnomesofZurich,

If you break the hyperdrive it will put the ship on higher alert, it won’t buy time, it will make things more difficult. The issue is not reaching the depot, but the fact that they will remove Day from the mission.

The way I see it, if you drop the ship out of hyperspace right now, all you will provoke is security locking your section earlier than programmed. Not to mention it was implied with Zybo, a few moments ago, that security measures will increase; the engine section is hotter than ever.

IMO the main concern for Day should be remaining in the ship; we have less than 3 days to take action and we got a chance to do it with minimal exposure.

You don’t need a lot of information regarding Nijothu’s buddy.

All you need is the schedule, which Pacifica knows. Then you find them and subvert them as you did with the officers. Hua can be of great aid to you, she can turn invisible and daze everybody to improve your chances of success; the exchange can be made after Hua dazes them.

Just to exemplify:

Nijothu’s buddy: “Delusion: Day is Nijothu”, “Delusion: I trust this Day”. Then you might ask him everything you have to learn about Nijothu.

Nijothu: “Delusion: I am Day and I work on section XYZ”. “Obsession: I will learn everything I did on the ship (Day) asking Pothi”. And so, he will be up to date about Day.

Pothi: “Delusion: Nijothu is Day”.

Day did a great job already, we should make profit of it!
Old 06-10-2021, 03:29 AM   #309
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hey GnomesofZurich,

If you break the hyperdrive it will put the ship on higher alert, it won’t buy time, it will make things more difficult. The issue is not reaching the depot, but the fact that they will remove Day from the mission.

The way I see it, if you drop the ship out of hyperspace right now, all you will provoke is security locking your section earlier than programmed. Not to mention it was implied with Zybo, a few moments ago, that security measures will increase; the engine section is hotter than ever.

IMO the main concern for Day should be remaining in the ship; we have less than 3 days to take action and we got a chance to do it with minimal exposure.

You don’t need a lot of information regarding Nijothu’s buddy.

All you need is the schedule, which Pacifica knows. Then you find them and subvert them as you did with the officers. Hua can be of great aid to you, she can turn invisible and daze everybody to improve your chances of success; the exchange can be made after Hua dazes them.

Just to exemplify:

Nijothu’s buddy: “Delusion: Day is Nijothu”, “Delusion: I trust this Day”. Then you might ask him everything you have to learn about Nijothu.

Nijothu: “Delusion: I am Day and I work on section XYZ”. “Obsession: I will learn everything I did on the ship (Day) asking Pothi”. And so, he will be up to date about Day.

Pothi: “Delusion: Nijothu is Day”.

Day did a great job already, we should make profit of it!
I see what you're saying, but I also don't think we want to arrive at the depot until we're in control of this ship - do you have a plan to do in the next three days? If not, we need to drop out of hyperspace and delay getting there.

And Pothi is already brainwashed, so I don't want to try doing so again, because the penalties are cumulative. He already trusts me implicitly, so I'll just tell him that Zybo asked me to go undercover, and to keep it quiet.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:15 AM   #310
Hide

Reaching the station means the ship crew will think they got rid of us.

We don’t have to take over the ship in the next three days. We just have to make sure the team remains unexposed and complete.

Unless something escapes me, breaking the hyper drives won’t get you out of the situation

Day is going to expose the team and lock himself out of the mission; he is falling for the trap.