Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #91
Fnord-Fnairlane

Default Re: Status, wealth, rank, independent income

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim
TL8 (now) perspective a PC on average wealth gets $20,000, 80% of which is $16,000 which im guessing (i live in england) wont even buy a new car let alone a house in the usa today or for that measure the contents of an average rented/ mortgaged house.
Also remember that the PC probably doesn't own the car outright - they parobably have a Car loan and are making repayments. Same goes even more so for his house - when the PC buys it, they probably only pay about 10% - the bank provides the rest.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #92
chimchim

lol true again. So maybe what they are saying is the (in this case) $16000 is what you would get if you liquidised your entire asset base? Now that i guess i could live with.
chimchim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #93
Kyle Aaron
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai
But 1 CP per 1,000 energy points seems very low to me
Did you have a better look at the book yet? It's actually 1CP per 25 to 1,000 energy, depending on how cheap you want to make it. They say something like, "if you want to have characters with magic items hanging like Christmas lights off them, and a couple of caddies carrying their spares, then make it 1CP per 1,000 energy." They suggest a range, adjust as you see fit for your campaign.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #94
Nikolai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Did you have a better look at the book yet? It's actually 1CP per 25 to 1,000 energy, depending on how cheap you want to make it. They say something like, "if you want to have characters with magic items hanging like Christmas lights off them, and a couple of caddies carrying their spares, then make it 1CP per 1,000 energy." They suggest a range, adjust as you see fit for your campaign.
Well, most magical items have a market value in my campaign and the adventurers are definitely not supposed to need servants to carry all their magic items. That means the suggestions from F131 don't really seem to apply to my campaign.
However, yes, I have set the value at 1 CP per 50 energy points for my campaign by now.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #95
Jalanas

Quote:
I think that's a 3/e thing. Checking the sections in 4/e on Wealth levels and on jobs, I see nothing about working shorter hours if you have more wealth. I think work hours have been decoupled.
You guys have referenced this a couple of times now but I cannot find anything about shorter hours anywhere in the 4E rules. Has it been taken out deliberately or was that an oversight?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #96
DrTemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalanas
You guys have referenced this a couple of times now but I cannot find anything about shorter hours anywhere in the 4E rules. Has it been taken out deliberately or was that an oversight?
I don't know, but the way I read page B25f, Wealth is simply the money and stuff you own, full stop.
DrTemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm explanation