Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 06-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #21
DBloch2012

Default Re: Where do Geases come from?

The only book I have read so far is the Core Rules.

Last edited by DBloch2012; 10-10-2012 at 08:06 PM.
DBloch2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #22
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBloch2012 View Post
The only book I have read so far is the Core Rules.
Then I say, make it up as you go! It makes me sad to know that some questions in this game may never see definitive answers in print (what IS Eli up to, anyway?), but the up-side is that it keeps us coming up with creative answers of our own.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
DBloch2012

Eli is doing what he does best: he is Creating (controversy). :P

Last edited by DBloch2012; 10-10-2012 at 08:06 PM.
DBloch2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #24
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBloch2012 View Post
LOL You know, that may be the best answer anyone's come up with yet. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #25
Whitelaughter

Since Geases are Ethereal Discord, as GM I'm also happy for them to result from ethereal combat - sort of "I'll do what you say if you stop hitting me".

Humans could move geases around with the Ethereal Song of Sacrifice; in my games I assume that the entire Lilith/Lilim Geas web is built on the Judgement-inflicted Geas ordering Lilith to go back to Eden.
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #26
Acolyte

Quote:
Hahahahahaha. That's a good one. A big joke among Heaven's Mercurians.

Quote:
Since Geases are Ethereal Discord, as GM I'm also happy for them to result from ethereal combat - sort of "I'll do what you say if you stop hitting me".
Ooo, that's absolutely vicious. If you get a Geas as an Ethereal Discord from converting dissonance or Ethereal combat, it goes to the person or people who damaged you (in the latter case) or helped create the dissonant circumstances (in the former). Excellent INlogic.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #27
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelaughter View Post

Humans could move geases around with the Ethereal Song of Sacrifice; in my games I assume that the entire Lilith/Lilim Geas web is built on the Judgement-inflicted Geas ordering Lilith to go back to Eden.
I like that ethereal combat idea. Ethereal Song of Sacrifice is a fascinating idea, though most humans are going to have trouble using an ethereal Song, no? (I kind of hate how that limits options for human players, though, so I may house rule that into oblivion myself.)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #28
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
That said, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you can fall to your fate directly through a Geas. On some level, the fate-clinching action has to have been your choice, not compelled. That said, the Geas can certainly set up the preconditions for you to make the choice that seals your fate. (Evil Grin)
I think this is either stated or intensely implied in Superiors 4's writeup of Yves (which focuses on the Destiny side of things, of course). You can't push the Symphony -- it tends to push back, in the opposite direction. Humans have to choose.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #29
Whitelaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I like that ethereal combat idea. Ethereal Song of Sacrifice is a fascinating idea, though most humans are going to have trouble using an ethereal Song, no? (I kind of hate how that limits options for human players, though, so I may house rule that into oblivion myself.)
Thank you.
Given dreamshades (ie dead humans in The Marches) can perform Ethereal Songs, it shouldn't be too difficult to develop a Sorcerous Ritual to create an Ethereal Connection: possibly a skilled Lucid Dreamer could acquire the connection during a near death experience! It'd also make a logical attunement to be granted by Domains.
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
I think this is either stated or intensely implied in Superiors 4's writeup of Yves (which focuses on the Destiny side of things, of course). You can't push the Symphony -- it tends to push back, in the opposite direction. Humans have to choose.
It would have to have been implied, since Yves' writeup is in Superiors 3... I recall seeing this somewhere, but I don't remember where.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ethereals, geas, geases, lilim, lilith