Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-22-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Artifacts of Legend for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (Kickstarter launches May 25)

(a repost from the DFRPG channel in case folks don't look there)

My NEXT project - launching in three days! - is Artifacts of Legend

This two-book project is launching on Thursday on Kickstarter. It will run through June 10. The first book, which gave the campaign its title, is Artifacts of Legend. It is 40 pages long, and contains nine major artifacts, plus a Legendary Item generator to generate cool magic items based on the Named Possession model. The second book, which looks to be 36 pages, is Artifacts of Saga. These are darker, more grey-area in many cases. There are 11 such items (each artifact has a two-page spread), plus strong tie-ins with some NPCs, who are given plot-seed treatment. Finally, it includes two additional power sources for items: spirit-binding and tapping ley-line loops.

With little effort, these mighty weapons can be easily transported out of the Nordlond setting ... and as my future projects take off with the Infinite Archipelago series of settings, you'll see more and more "not Nordlond" coming out of Gaming Ballistic.

Please follow the campaign to be notified on launch.

Artifacts of Legend
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 12:26 PM   #2
Taneli

Default Re: Artifacts of Legend for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (Kickstarter launches May 25)

Oh crud, more spending...

Yay, more stuff!
Taneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 04:24 PM   #3
Prime Evil

Default Re: Artifacts of Legend for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (Kickstarter launches May 25)

The downside is that shipping to Australia is expensive. The upside is that I can order more Gaming Ballistic stuff at the same time to make it cost-effective!
Prime Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 11:33 PM   #4
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Evil View Post
The downside is that shipping to Australia is expensive. The upside is that I can order more Gaming Ballistic stuff at the same time to make it cost-effective!
Pretty much this! Really looking forward to this release.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 05:57 AM   #5
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Evil View Post
Wayne Stewart and I have been conspiring to make this less for Aussies (and Kiwis) recently. I ship it all to him by MyUS and he reships Aussie Post for like AUD$15. Last two campaigns were $35-50
Instead of $100.

At this moment, I have limited specific add-ons during the campaign, but I do have a 25% off all things purchased at the GB store for everything else. This will continue through the campaign and the month of June, maybe July.

If folks want other add-ons to be added explicitly past "Delvers to Grow Core," "DtGr Expansion Books," "Bestiary Hardcover," and "The three theme bestiaries from Nightmare Fuel," let me know.

The reason they're not there right now is that I was planning on doing this a different way, but some schedule shifts forced my hand and Kickstarter was nice enough to let me have two campaigns going at once if I needed. (Not that I didn't earn this with 17 successfully managed campaigns to date). So this one was kept simple...but for not-the-US crowd, add-ons and consolidated shipping are going to be a superior option, and I can work that in somehow.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 05-25-2023 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:13 AM   #6
Fred Brackin

....and it's live and I've backed it. Now hurry up and give Doug your money. :)
Old 05-25-2023, 09:59 AM   #7
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Thank you, Fred!

The Artifacts of Legend Kickstarter is now live.

Containing 20 objects of great power, plus a random legendary object table, new types of magic items for good or ill, and plot seeds featuring the items and the personalities that need them.

Live on Kickstarter from May 25 through June 10.

As noted, I'd appreciate your pledge on this one. Not only is this a fun book of powerful and portable items, it's one of three GURPS-related projects I'm hoping to complete before the end of 2023. Successful projects mean a head start on getting the next ones done.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:09 AM   #8
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
As soon as I'm back on my home computer. Geeze, so impatient...

EDIT: And backed; looks like we're already approaching the 50% mark, so that's good.

Last edited by Varyon; 05-25-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:31 PM   #9
Farmer

15 days to go and over 60% backed already - this is a good one!
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 04:01 PM   #10
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
As soon as I'm back on my home computer. Geeze, so impatient...

EDIT: And backed; looks like we're already approaching the 50% mark, so that's good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
15 days to go and over 60% backed already - this is a good one!
We got off to a solid start. The first 12 hours were very strong, hitting 50% quickly. The next day (roughly) brought us up another 10%, again not bad.

We need another $5,151 to fund: An additional 146 people at the current pledge average. Call it 175 because in the end, we'll have 5-10% drop for perfectly good reasons.

Of those following the campaign (269 thus far), a full 40% have already pledged. That's stronger than many campaigns END ... but it also means that we're relying very much on folks coming by from email campaigns, Daily illuminators, reddit, and the like because the best-ever conversion I've ever gotten was 52%. So we're looking at a best-likely-case of 30-35 from the "I'll come in at the end" followers, and needing another 12 dozen from ... anywhere else.

The lack of preparatory bombardment on the campaign due to the last moment schedule shift may mean folks become aware of the project slowly. I hope they come on board. The funding goal on this one is the amount needed to pay for the writing and the art ... all external "break-even" stuff. I'm hopeful we push to the 550-700 backers of Hall of Judgment, Citadel at Nordvorn, or (even better) the Nordlond Bestiary.

But first thing's first: getting to that roughly 375-backer "funded" threshold.