Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #1331
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OK. Do you want me to come or are you fine running on your own? Do you think we could multitask and I could take the officer's area while you convert over at deck 9?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:32 PM   #1332
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. Do you want me to come or are you fine running on your own? Do you think we could multitask and I could take the officer's area while you convert over at deck 9?
I think it would be good for Hua to accompany Daymar to deck 9, and then we can assess whether to split up the group.
Old 04-11-2022, 02:44 PM   #1333
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I think it would be good for Hua to accompany Daymar to deck 9, and then we can assess whether to split up the group.
Alright, let's go.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:26 PM   #1334
Hide

Quote:
OOC: It could be dangerous going to deck 10 "alone".

PD. Guys, thanks for coming to deck 9.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:51 AM   #1335
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Daymar and Hua make it to deck 6 to gather the rest of security... as they are securing the prisoners, they hear laser fire just in front of them.

Pacifica is waiting for Daymar to show up and mind-control her prisoners (who are rather worse for the wear) when a man opens a hatch on the port side of the compartment, then quickly ducks out.

"Pacifica! its Lt. Vinobi! Captain sent me down here to make sure everything is alright! I've got Lt. Butieku* and four security loyal to the captain with me. What's going on here? Is it safe for us come through?"

would Pacifica please make a perception roll.

*not a subverted officer.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #1336
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar and Hua make it to deck 6 to gather the rest of security... as they are securing the prisoners, they hear laser fire just in front of them.
Who could that be? Did we have guards posted outside of the command center? Is there an alternative exit to to the command center? If so, I'd like to exit and try to get behind them.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:41 PM   #1337
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Who could that be? Did we have guards posted outside of the command center? Is there an alternative exit to to the command center? If so, I'd like to exit and try to get behind them.
I believe there are a number of ways into and out of the command centre, so that should be possible.
Old 04-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #1338
TGLS

A few rolls for maneuvering and recon:
Quote:
[899] 22-04-12 23:01:39 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success
[900] 22-04-12 23:01:50 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
[901] 22-04-12 23:02:31 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 4 + 1 = 6 ... success
Old 04-13-2022, 12:08 PM   #1339
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

So the level 6 command center is very much in a difficult to access angle: Its got a capacitor to its aft, which is very much not traverseable, and the port and starboard doors are blocked by missile tubes.

Going up and over is all clear... deck five's bow is nice and clear. Going down and under on deck 7-9 can get you about 40 feet beyond the current compartment before you enter the main forward lasers, which can be traversed, but awkwardly.

I'm assuming Hua is going up and over.

As to if you had gaurds outside the command center... I assumed so. lookouts are a pretty standard idea. If you explicitly don't want that, let me know and we can run it differently.

Here is a handy dandy map if we want to use it. Hua and Daymar are currently in B2, the laser fire seems to be coming from C2 aimed at the gaurds at the door between B2 and C2

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 02:24 PM   #1340
TGLS

Quote:
As to if you had gaurds outside the command center... I assumed so. lookouts are a pretty standard idea. If you explicitly don't want that, let me know and we can run it differently.
Well, wanted to be sure. I didn't remember saying so explicitly so I wasn't sure if this was nervous guards shooting at something else.

Quote:
I'm assuming Hua is going up and over.

Here is a handy dandy map if we want to use it. Hua and Daymar are currently in B2, the laser fire seems to be coming from C2 aimed at the gaurds at the door between B2 and C2
Up and over and through the fore hatch on C2. Hopefully nobody spots the opening hatch.