Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-31-2018, 01:16 AM   #21
zot

Default Re: Ideas for new Solo Scenarios...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luguvalium View Post
Here is another idea: It may not be easily turned into a solo adventure, but consider it a challenge. You are in charge of a stronghold in the wilderness that frequently gets raided. You need to carefully consider how to allocate your resources: Low level fighters, high level fighers, wizards, stronger doors, traps, etc. Once you've placed you resources, randomly generated raiders attack and see how far they get. It could be a human or dwarven stronghold, or for a twist, an orc stronghold that gets raided by humans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymc View Post
As a consumer, I’d grab that off the shelf at my FLGS and take it to the register in a heartbeat. Nice concept!
Hmm, somehow I missed this one in the text-wall. An analog version of Dungeon Keeper -- very cool idea.

That sounds really fun for solo or groups!

You could use playing cards for the characters, like Steve showed in the Melee demo vids, and extra cards for upgrades.

For groups, one player could GM the stronghold (upgrading it over time) and each other player could have a hand of adventurer cards, advancing them as they play. Almost like "Lords of Waterdeep" but a lot less like "adventuring for the human resources department".

Not sure whether each player should control one adventurer at a time or a whole group.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:21 PM   #22
luguvalium

Default Re: Ideas for new Solo Scenarios...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
Hmm, somehow I missed this one in the text-wall. An analog version of Dungeon Keeper -- very cool idea.

That sounds really fun for solo or groups!

You could use playing cards for the characters, like Steve showed in the Melee demo vids, and extra cards for upgrades.

For groups, one player could GM the stronghold (upgrading it over time) and each other player could have a hand of adventurer cards, advancing them as they play. Almost like "Lords of Waterdeep" but a lot less like "adventuring for the human resources department".

Not sure whether each player should control one adventurer at a time or a whole group.
Thanks all for the encouragement. I was just trying to think of something that had not been done before in TFT. I'll see what I can come up with. I already have a list of character archetypes to work with.
luguvalium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideas to share, microquests, solos