Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #9
Mehmet
MIB

Default Re: Free Action Limit?

I usually go with the number of available limbs and the targets that can be covered during the player's turn. I mean, if you have 7 limbs each holding a weapon, dropping all of them are not going to span more than a fraction of a second. Also, if the point budget is so that the PC have 10 different free action mental powers I don't count the number of powers but who can be affected by them (again, based on the nature of power, whether it requires seeing the target and such).

Although this has never became an issue in my games, I'd say I probably wouldn't allow someone to come up with a fiddly list of 30 instant mental powers to use each and every turn not because it is OP or something but because it would lessen the enjoyment of the game for the other players. A couple should work as long as the abilities are priced right. Words to live by: "a 100 CP advantage is just that, 100 CP worth of unfairness against someone who does not have it" (Dr Kromm, paraphrased).

Naming a list of powers the same shouldn't limit their simultaneous use but buying them as alternative abilities to each other should.

Cheers...

Tags
abilities, free actions, powers