Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-09-2024, 09:44 AM   #1571
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
(Presumably there will be some additional bonuses for show of force from sheer size and firey display, the disturbing/penetrating voice should help too.)
One would assume... I wish the guidelines including some sort of cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious assumes their natural form, but turns their voice a louder and more disturbing, and appearance more menacing... adding a more constant lick of flame and waft of smoke rising from their nostrils...

Vassarious descends before the witch's home and blows a curtain of flame to cover the sky from the view before landing, and beating their massive wings to shake the house with an added gust of wind to complement the great tremor in the earth when the massive dragon lands heavily upon the street.

"Hear this, Gemeti. Be Warned! Your treachery does not go unnoticed and should it continue, it will not go unpunished. The Council has decreed that you will not bear your punishment alone, but you will incur a curse that it will be borne by your kin along with you, oh child of Macedonia!"

Faceman! for Intimidation

3d6 <= 13
2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success
Will roll... a 7!

Gemeti sticks her head out of the second story window (this is a reasonably well built up area, but outside the walls: "Am I so insignificant that they send a mere monster to threaten me?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:47 AM   #1572
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
One would assume... I wish the guidelines including some sort of cap.
I don't see why, I find all the reasons to nope out to be cumulative...
Demonstrations of Strength and Supernatural powers demonstrated, check, +1 to 4 (each?)
I mentioned a menacing appearance, might as well max that at monstrous for +4
SM +3 is another +3

Before the bonuses the roll had a margin of 2... so the final margin is +11 at a minimum without the disturbing voice or any reputation being a dragon might cary culturally or a bonus for my artistic flourish (which I'd give me, is wasn't bad, lol ). You had them roll, so I presume they are not indomitable... What did you choose as a final modifier?

Quote:
Gemeti sticks her head out of the second story window (this is a reasonably well built up area, but outside the walls: "Am I so insignificant that they send a mere monster to threaten me?"
Apparently so...

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-09-2024 at 05:21 PM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:03 AM   #1573
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious chuckles and blows some more flames.

Does Halcyone want any input? Job's done, so the rest is icing on the cake.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:11 PM   #1574
TGLS

I'm not sure what to add... If this won't scare her, a different approach is necessary.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #1575
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm not sure what to add... If this won't scare her, a different approach is necessary.
The message is delivered and I think they were impressed enough. I'm not going to flatten the house... But a little flourish can't hurt.

"Shall I have a snack and tell the council you preferred to be devoured now and save them the trouble of casting curses, then? I can't say why, but a mortal's impertinence somehow sweetens the meat."
Old 04-11-2024, 10:56 AM   #1576
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
The message is delivered and I think they were impressed enough. I'm not going to flatten the house... But a little flourish can't hurt.

"Shall I have a snack and tell the council you preferred to be devoured now and save them the trouble of casting curses, then? I can't say why, but a mortal's impertinence somehow sweetens the meat."
"Your message has been delivered. There is no need to eat me, and no need for you to trigger any vengeful curses. I hear their message."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #1577
the_matrix_walker

I think we're good!

We fly off with a flourish and head back to base!