Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Agemegos

Default RPGaday Topic 17: Funniest Game you’ve played

I'm doing RPG-a-day in August, as promoted by Dave Chapman (Autocratik). This is Day 15 of 31.

Funniest Game you’ve played

Hmm. Perhaps it is because I notoriously lack any trace of a sense of humour, but I don't remember running or playing a character in any funny games. I know there have been moments of paralysing hilarity during games, but… (1) They have mostly been such things as hurricanes of puns, or catchphrases that weren't funny the first time, or the second, or even the seventeenth, but were side-splitting the fiftieth time. That is, pretty much extraneous to the game. (2) I can only put one specific memory of the kind into its context: an occasion in one a fantasy games in which most of the PCs had been conned into buying worthless protective amulets, and one of the PCs launched the notion that to use them a character had to present the amulet vigorously and shout "Want some of this‽". What can I say? It seemed funny at the time.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#rpgaday, funny, humor, humour, rpgaday