Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 10-12-2022, 11:37 AM   #51
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GURPS Character Assistant Updated to Version 5

Oh! I forgot to include this one:

* A new optional plugin to export characters for use with the Roll20 VTT (from TheMadCoder).

Last edited by Armin; 10-12-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:41 PM   #52
Armin
GCA Prime

As per Steven Marsh's post over here, GCA 5.0.209 is now available at Warehouse 23.

I release notes by the build over at my GCA5 blog https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/ while I work, so exactly what's new in this release is everything that was noted since the previous release.

This version largely consists of general bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements, including a number of new features and functions for data file authors.

It also includes these updates that may be of interest:
  • Additional biographical data available for use on the updated Appearance / Biographical Data dialog.
  • An updated Build Campaign Book dialog.
  • Automatic unit conversions now allow for using either 'game metric' or 'real metric' and new settings for that are available in Options. (Only 'game metric' was available until now.)
  • An option to cap per-die returns (as used for damage bonuses for some skills).
Old 03-23-2023, 07:25 PM   #53
Armin
GCA Prime

As per Steven Marsh's post over here, GCA 5.0.212 is now available at Warehouse 23.

I release notes by the build over at my GCA5 blog https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/ while I work, so exactly what's new in this release is everything that was noted since the previous release.

I've mostly been working on data file and sheet updates lately, but here are some new things that may be of interest:
  • A fix to the damage calculation/display bug introduced recently. All damages should now be back to working as they were before that change.
  • The system for sheets and exporters to request options when they're creating output has been fixed.
  • Page numbers in the Info pane have been improved, so they can now show the full book name after the page code (so you don't have to remember codes), and if you don't have a link set up to that PDF, you can set it when you click the link.
  • The GM Control Sheet has now been included.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:23 PM   #54
Armin
GCA Prime

As per Steven Marsh's post over here, GCA 5.0.218 is now available at Warehouse 23.

This time around is mostly some bug fixes and accessibility improvements, but here are various new things that may be of interest:
  • As usual, a variety of bug fixes, small adjustments, and general improvements
  • Fixed an issue with automatic weight conversions and using the ::baseweight reference
  • Addressed some issues related to modes and how damage might be calculated, in order to allow for a better user experience and less confusion and mistakes in damage formulas
  • Updated handling of damage with special text, such as 'slam+3' or 'HT+formula', and new user-damage-prefix support using square brackets '[prefix]+stuff'
  • Many accessibility fixes and improvements
  • A new Point Summary dialog, both for reference and as an accessible-friendly means of checking points spent
  • Updated gear menu, with new options and handling, for Unified View trait boxes
  • Added a new, bigger Zoom level
  • Added an option to have Templates tracked as their own point expenditure category
  • A new type of plugin which will allow coders to create plugins that users can launch from the Launch menu to do work, either as one-time jobs or as tools that stick around and work while you use GCA
Old 09-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #55
benz72

Sorry to be dumb on this, but I don't see where to download updates from the new WH23 site. I can find only very recent downloads in my account and the page for GCA seems to be offering to sell an additional copy but not perform an update. Where should I be looking?
Thank You
Old 09-15-2023, 07:24 PM   #56
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Sorry to be dumb on this, but I don't see where to download updates from the new WH23 site. I can find only very recent downloads in my account and the page for GCA seems to be offering to sell an additional copy but not perform an update. Where should I be looking?
Thank You
I have some guidance for that on my blog here: https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/?p=1026
Old 10-02-2023, 06:21 PM   #57
Armin
GCA Prime

As per Steven Marsh's post over here, GCA 5.0.220 is now available at Warehouse 23.

This time, it's a bug fix release, fixing two issues:
  • For some reason, GCA would stop responding if you were in an edit field on a Classic View trait list and you clicked on a tab to change to a different list or view. That should no longer happen.
  • Fixes a critical bug related to item weight calculations introduced in b213 (released with version 5.0.218).