Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
VariousRen

Default Large Creatures and Slamming

I'm playing a druid in a DF style game and recently acquired a couple of giant anacondas (SM +2 and +3) as allies. With their high ST, Move, and physical bulk I'm thinking they will be effective at slamming groups of smaller creatures, but I'm not entirely clear on how those slams would be resolved. A few questions I have:

1) Basic pg.392 says to move the head of a multi hex creature creature as normal, and treat any collision with the rest of the body as a slam. Is this a free slam, or does it use up the attack part of a move and attack and prevent me from biting or grappling?

2) If I slam into a group of significantly smaller creatures (3 size mods smaller) how is the slam resolved? Do I slam them one at a time until I fail a roll to hit, or do I slam them all at once? Related to 1, can I just try and move past them and slam them out of the way, then bite at someone as my attack section of a move and attack?

3) If I slam a smaller creature and they dodge, but physically can't reach a safe hex what happens? Do I get to trample them as I pass over them?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 12-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #2
Tomsdad

Default Re: Large Creatures and Slamming

I'd recommend Pyramid 3-77 Combat, it has a lot on larger creatures fighting in general as well as slams & over runs etc.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holding a foe at bay, large creature, obstruction, slam