Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-06-2023, 12:07 PM   #1371
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious pulls out his esoteric kit and sets to work at finding a method to end these foes, or at least greatly lengthen their recovery time.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 09:27 AM   #1372
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I pause to think of an analogue. I hold up a rifle. "This is like a bow, except it doesn't use draw string to launch its arrows. And its arrows are much smaller and faster than a bow's arrows, so much so that it doesn't need to be stabilized to fly straight either. Most armour is probably useless against it."
Yi: "Who makes these devices? I didn't see you apply your strength to it... when do you do that? how can I get one?"

It strikes V* that Yi knows a little too much about what to ask. Perhaps he already knows what a gun is? Especially as he was in smoke for all of the shooting.

*V rolled a lot better here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious pulls out his esoteric kit and sets to work at finding a method to end these foes, or at least greatly lengthen their recovery time.

he muddles about with their blood in a bowl of water while Yi keeps hacking away at them. He comes up with their weakness:
  • Their leader with the glaive can only be killed during the full moon... 7 days from now.
  • The warrior with the whip can be strangled to death.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 10:31 AM   #1373
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yi: "Who makes these devices? I didn't see you apply your strength to it... when do you do that? how can I get one?"
"Who makes them? Well, before it was Esposito Electromotive, but now my employer handles all that. I don't really 'apply' strength to it. It just goes."
Quote:
he muddles about with their blood in a bowl of water while Yi keeps hacking away at them. He comes up with their weakness:
  • Their leader with the glaive can only be killed during the full moon... 7 days from now.
"I'm sure that if we disarm him, tie him up, and drag him behind our horses we can still get where we're going without issue, as long as we don't approach a settlement."
Quote:
  • The warrior with the whip can be strangled to death.
Well I'm OK dealing with that messy business.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 12:20 PM   #1374
the_matrix_walker

"Perhaps we should co-opt them... or at the very least question them. They say they heard we were no friend's of Bel. I am curious what else they have heard about us, and who else may have heard it."

Vassarious outlines the idea of keeping them disabled but allowing them to recover consciousness so that that they can be informed we know their weaknesses and if they do not serve our purpose by at the minimum telling us how they came by their information and some sort of fate-pledge to not speak to anyone of our encounter, we can end them.

Do they actually have anything on us? It may not break their other oaths to let is go about our business if they don't really know what that business is.

Alternatively, we could call the boss for a pickup to portal this guy to a world that currently has a full moon... no one said it has to be THIS moon.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:37 AM   #1375
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Who makes them? Well, before it was Esposito Electromotive, but now my employer handles all that. I don't really 'apply' strength to it. It just goes."
Yi: "Where does this Esposito live? is he dead? Who is your employer?"

Quote:
"I'm sure that if we disarm him, tie him up, and drag him behind our horses we can still get where we're going without issue, as long as we don't approach a settlement."
Yi: "That would be hard on the horses, but it would work."

Quote:
Well I'm OK dealing with that messy business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Perhaps we should co-opt them... or at the very least question them. They say they heard we were no friend's of Bel. I am curious what else they have heard about us, and who else may have heard it."

Vassarious outlines the idea of keeping them disabled but allowing them to recover consciousness so that that they can be informed we know their weaknesses and if they do not serve our purpose by at the minimum telling us how they came by their information and some sort of fate-pledge to not speak to anyone of our encounter, we can end them.
Yi thinks interrogating them certainly couldn't hurt.

Quote:
Do they actually have anything on us? It may not break their other oaths to let is go about our business if they don't really know what that business is.
You won't know what they have until you ask. does someone have knot-tying or other restraints.

Quote:
Alternatively, we could call the boss for a pickup to portal this guy to a world that currently has a full moon... no one said it has to be THIS moon.
Taking them off world will basically end the immortality. You can call Corco if you want to try and argue for a portal.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-08-2023, 05:43 PM   #1376
TGLS

Quote:
Yi: "Where does this Esposito live? is he dead? Who is your employer?"
Quote:
[735] 23-11-09 00:10:21 GMT
Current Affairs (People)
3d6 <= 16
2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... success
I get an odd look on my face. "Gustavo Esposito started Esposito Electromotive about three centuries ago. Under his leadership, Esposito Electromotive grew from a manufacturer of industrial lighting to one of the largest and most prominent producers of electrical systems on the planet. His daughter, Marisa Esposito took control of the business and diversified it a multitude of electronic industries, including consumer multimedia, telecommunications, and semiconductors. Her daughter, Adele Esposito led Esposito Electromotive until she was assassinated by a Mutualist cell during the Master Wars. In the ensuing chaos, McCarthy-Nordhuss group purchased Esposito Electromotive to enter into lucrative electronics industry. The most notable descendant of Gustavo Esposito is Kaylee Valdez-Esposito ver III, a popular Mem Star, notable for lifestyle, travel, and stunt mems."

I shake my head. "Sorry, did I go off on a tangent there? I work for a man named Corco. He deals with problems like Bel."

Quote:
Yi thinks interrogating them certainly couldn't hurt.
Well I guess we better prepare for interrogation. Let's disarm their corpses, and I'll grab hold of the man with the whip's corpse. Holding him in place puts him in reach of strangulation and keeps him from trying anything.

When he wakes up, I'll begin interrogating him. "So, you going to be more polite than your friend? We've killed the lot of you once before and you had more friends and weapons then. Tell us what you know about us."

Quote:
[736] 23-11-09 00:43:10 GMT
Interrogation (via Memetics!)
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 ... success
Quote:
You won't know what they have until you ask. does someone have knot-tying or other restraints.
No, but I do believe I have some building foam. We could glue the rope to him.

Would one of V's wildcards cover it?
Old 11-09-2023, 07:53 AM   #1377
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I get an odd look on my face. "Gustavo Esposito started Esposito Electromotive about three centuries ago. Under his leadership, Esposito Electromotive grew from a manufacturer of industrial lighting to one of the largest and most prominent producers of electrical systems on the planet. His daughter, Marisa Esposito took control of the business and diversified it a multitude of electronic industries, including consumer multimedia, telecommunications, and semiconductors. Her daughter, Adele Esposito led Esposito Electromotive until she was assassinated by a Mutualist cell during the Master Wars. In the ensuing chaos, McCarthy-Nordhuss group purchased Esposito Electromotive to enter into lucrative electronics industry. The most notable descendant of Gustavo Esposito is Kaylee Valdez-Esposito ver III, a popular Mem Star, notable for lifestyle, travel, and stunt mems."

I shake my head. "Sorry, did I go off on a tangent there? I work for a man named Corco. He deals with problems like Bel."
Yi: "Strange. bad oaths."

It seems muttered and not to mean much.

Quote:
No, but I do believe I have some building foam. We could glue the rope to him.

Would one of V's wildcards cover it?
I don't think any do: the closest are hunter and tradecraft.

The building foam should work. Are you going to bring it out?

Quote:
Well I guess we better prepare for interrogation. Let's disarm their corpses, and I'll grab hold of the man with the whip's corpse. Holding him in place puts him in reach of strangulation and keeps him from trying anything.

When he wakes up, I'll begin interrogating him. "So, you going to be more polite than your friend? We've killed the lot of you once before and you had more friends and weapons then. Tell us what you know about us."
Lets run this after we know how the other one is secured.

Old 11-09-2023, 07:56 AM   #1378
TGLS

Quote:
The building foam should work. Are you going to bring it out?
Yeah, I'll spray his limbs together and affix a rope to the blob of foam. I suppose we'll need to stab him in the head occasionally as the foam firms up.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:54 AM   #1379
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:

Whip: "Why should I talk, you'll just kill me in the end."

Give me an appropriate roll to get him to talk. And a good answer to his question, if you have one.

Old 11-10-2023, 08:34 AM   #1380
TGLS

Quote:
Whip: "Why should I talk, you'll just kill me in the end."

Give me an appropriate roll to get him to talk. And a good answer to his question, if you have one.
"Maybe you don't need to die. We've beaten you before, and that was with more than twice as many of you. You quit Bel's service, and tell us what you know, you don't die today."

I suppose he might have a response along the lines of "I swore oaths to Bel that will kill me/make me suffer forever if I don't obey." Then,

"OK, well maybe you don't break your oath, just be bad at following it. Surely if Bel dies the oaths go with him."

Quote:
[737] 23-11-11 06:26:30 GMT - TGLS

Diplomacy via Memetics!

3d6 <= 15
4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 11-10-2023 at 11:27 PM.