Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #481
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Marcellus: "Two days? That might be sufficient to convince the commanders in Lithus. We can't contact and convince our allies on Verdaze that quickly, and I'm not sure who all the cells on imperial worlds report to. I mean usurper controlled worlds. It might be sufficient to convince HQ. We need to get at least some of them down here, and they're all the way in Lithus City."


"I can send you with an escort of my my trusted aides, that should be enough to get them down here."
"Two days is the amount of time I estimate I have remaining before I lose my rendevous window. The attack need not be fully planned out. If we have the timing worked out, it is likely best that we not know the specifics of each other's actions when the time comes."



Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Do we need to protect this region? I'd hate for the true emperor to be destroyed because we knew his location and failed to protect him."
I'll let Holo-Maximus field this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What locations were you hoping for in the attack? a general push by all members of the rebellion, or do you have target locations you feel would be useful?
"I was thinking of a general push. Whatever your leaders feel will cause the most confusion, and demand the false Emporer's attention.

(( Rolled Tradecraft in place of Intelligence Analysis for additional target advice. ))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 11:29 AM   #482
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Nice plan... You find a good candidate at one of the target magazines... roll memetics! to successfully get your profile to run past his and "snag" him. His name is Petracus.
OK, let's frame up that shot nicely:
Quote:
[333] 22-02-11 17:42:07 GMT
Memetics!
3d6 <= 15 : 3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... success
Assuming he's intrigued enough, I'll try scheduling a date at a bar with him about an hour after "Cyraelian" finishes work. This should give me enough time to swing by the hotel room to change into a more feminine outfit.

I'll try testing his perception by wearing a small ribbon or something promoting something (i.e. support our troops, breast cancer awareness, etc.), and guiding the conversation vaguely towards whatever the ribbon promotes.

Research for an appropriate ribbon, Memetics! to guide conversation
Quote:
[334] 22-02-11 18:22:16 GMT
Research
3d6 <= 15
3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
[335] 22-02-11 18:22:25 GMT
Memetics!
3d6 <= 15
4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
OK, how perceptive is he?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:45 AM   #483
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Two days is the amount of time I estimate I have remaining before I lose my rendevous window. The attack need not be fully planned out. If we have the timing worked out, it is likely best that we not know the specifics of each other's actions when the time comes."

I'll let Holo-Maximus field this one.

"I was thinking of a general push. Whatever your leaders feel will cause the most confusion, and demand the false Emporer's attention.

(( Rolled Tradecraft in place of Intelligence Analysis for additional target advice. ))
Maximus takes charge, asking for the troops to move up, for a copy of him to be recorded, and for a line of contact with the rebel's front lines to be set up. He still wants to be a secret... he thinks a lot of the rebels will think poorly of him. He gives the names of two generals in HQ that he thinks Vassarius can safely contact and bring down here: Turiflan, and Randicol. The Head general he thinks will take some time and care, and they want the others first.



So the plan is for V to go get the two friendliest generals, and convince them to come here. After that they think they'll be able to get rebel HQ on board with the plan, and V can make their rendezvous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, let's frame up that shot nicely:

Assuming he's intrigued enough, I'll try scheduling a date at a bar with him about an hour after "Cyraelian" finishes work. This should give me enough time to swing by the hotel room to change into a more feminine outfit.

I'll try testing his perception by wearing a small ribbon or something promoting something (i.e. support our troops, breast cancer awareness, etc.), and guiding the conversation vaguely towards whatever the ribbon promotes.

Research for an appropriate ribbon, Memetics! to guide conversation

OK, how perceptive is he?

Petracus notices the patriotic pin even before she brings up the topic. He says something about "Photographers" and "Attention to Detail".
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:05 AM   #484
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Petracus notices the patriotic pin even before she brings up the topic. He says something about "Photographers" and "Attention to Detail".
I'm starting to think this was a badly thought out plan. I'm pretty sure he'd react worse to discovering that my "legs" are tentacles than discovering I'm trying to pickpocket him. Well, probably at least.

OK, I'll move along with the pickpocketing attempt anyway. Sex appeal to distract, Pickpocketing at default for the attempt.
Quote:
[336] 22-02-14 18:00:08 GMT
Sex Appeal
3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
[337] 22-02-14 18:02:12 GMT
DX-6 (Pickpocketing Default)
-3d6 +8
- 6 - 5 - 1 + 8 = -4
Well, I guess -4 plus whatever bonus I get for the Sex Appeal roll and perhaps a bonus for using one of my leg-arms. Maybe spend some destiny points to boost up that margin.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:30 PM   #485
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
So the plan is for V to go get the two friendliest generals, and convince them to come here. After that they think they'll be able to get rebel HQ on board with the plan, and V can make their rendezvous.
Vassarious makes it so! He will use the same method he did the first time to preserve his anonymity and their secrecy.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:50 AM   #486
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm starting to think this was a badly thought out plan. I'm pretty sure he'd react worse to discovering that my "legs" are tentacles than discovering I'm trying to pickpocket him. Well, probably at least.

OK, I'll move along with the pickpocketing attempt anyway. Sex appeal to distract, Pickpocketing at default for the attempt.

Well, I guess -4 plus whatever bonus I get for the Sex Appeal roll and perhaps a bonus for using one of my leg-arms. Maybe spend some destiny points to boost up that margin.

Critical success on sex appeal is +2... which is not enough. So are we spending destiny points on this or not? Petracus will notice without the pick pocket attempt without further action.


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious makes it so! He will use the same method he did the first time to preserve his anonymity and their secrecy.

Marcellus: "So you won't need an escort? I suppose not. Just have them contact me once they're in on it and coming to the front. I should have full communications with Our Glorious Returned Emperor by then"


Vassarious stows aboard another plane bound for Lithus City, and goes to find Turiflan and Randicol. The two men are both very busy, but Vassarious finally gets Randicol by himself to deliver the message.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:08 AM   #487
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Critical success on sex appeal is +2... which is not enough. So are we spending destiny points on this or not? Petracus will notice without the pick pocket attempt without further action.
Well I guess I would have needed support from someone else to get the +5 distraction bonus. I'll spend the one point if it's just a straight success, and all three if it's a contest.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 12:08 PM   #488
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious delivers his summons to Randicol...

"Your victory is at hand, General. The hidden reality of your conflict is upon the cusp of revelation, and you have but to reach out to grasp it. Once this mystery is revealed, the path to your people's triumph will be made clear to you. You have allies you could not have imagined ready to fight for you. I have come to invite you to join me to learn the truth of things, so that our efforts may be combined to bring a swift resolution to this conflict."

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:22 AM   #489
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I guess I would have needed support from someone else to get the +5 distraction bonus. I'll spend the one point if it's just a straight success, and all three if it's a contest.
Oh, I should have read that skill description first...


The pickpocket attempt works: Petracus is so enamored by your hand touching his arm that he doesn't notice your tentacle touching his wallet. Attention to detail has been overcome by attention to pretty face.


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious delivers his summons to Randicol...

"Your victory is at hand, General. The hidden reality of your conflict is upon the cusp of revelation, and you have but to reach out to grasp it. Once this mystery is revealed, the path to your people's triumph will be made clear to you. You have allies you could not have imagined ready to fight for you. I have come to invite you to join me to learn the truth of things, so that our efforts may be combined to bring a swift resolution to this conflict."
The General gazes into the airy form of Vassarious, and then pulls out a pen and throws it at him.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:33 AM   #490
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious catches the pen and sets it down gently on the desk.

"Your eyes do not deceive you and your sanity is as sound as before you heard my voice. I assure you I am real, as are my promises."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.