Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2024, 07:42 AM   #1531
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
So, if he faked his death skulked away rather than report the end of his watch, he's betrayed the pledge to deal with us honorably, has he not?
Pretty much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'm not. Are you afraid they are? Or are you afraid of something more unexpected?"

Yi: "I'm not afraid of the oaths Yi made to you. And if I'm expecting it, its not unexpected, is it?"


Yi: "Who are you really? you're not from this world. What are you really? I'm pretty sure you [Halcyone] are a so called creation of science. And you [V]... A mystical shapeshifter. Your true form seems to be a dragon, or some variation on it, I think."


Yi: "so why are you here?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:59 AM   #1532
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"As I told you when we first met... I was sent to follow the fate to bring about the fall of a tyrant, who I thought could be Bel."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:47 PM   #1533
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yi: "Who are you really? you're not from this world. What are you really? I'm pretty sure you [Halcyone] are a so called creation of science."
"Well I'd say a creation of short-sighted greed but let's agree to disagree. What are you really?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yi: "so why are you here?"
"To kill a tyrant. Are you really here to snag a bauble?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:06 AM   #1534
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"As I told you when we first met... I was sent to follow the fate to bring about the fall of a tyrant, who I thought could be Bel."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well I'd say a creation of short-sighted greed but let's agree to disagree. What are you really?"

"To kill a tyrant. Are you really here to snag a bauble?"
"I'm a wanderer from another place, another world*. I serve myself. I am here to 'snag a bauble'. But I'm also here to seize a kingdom. Whom do you serve?"



*intentional deflection. He's scared of you for some reason.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:51 AM   #1535
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"I'm a wanderer from another place, another world*. I serve myself. I am here to 'snag a bauble'. But I'm also here to seize a kingdom."
Well, I think that's enough confirmation. What would I need to roll to stealthily draw a weapon?

I play nice for now. "Why so cagey about that second part? Sounds like an admirable goal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Whom do you serve?"
"My patron prefers to remain anonymous. Let's just say I'm working with them for my own interests."

Quote:
[754] 24-03-14 20:39:27 GMT

Fast-Talk

3d6 <= 15
2 + 4 + 6 = 12 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 03-14-2024 at 02:42 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:34 PM   #1536
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"Can you shed your oaths with such ease along with your skin? How do you hope to obtain your prize when you have forsworn it by your bonds of fate?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #1537
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, I think that's enough confirmation. What would I need to roll to stealthily draw a weapon?
DX-based Holdout, I think.

Quote:
I play nice for now. "Why so cagey about that second part? Sounds like an admirable goal."
Yi: "Because its the obvious goal. The one most likely to cause conflicting motives. And I work best from the shadows."

Quote:
"My patron prefers to remain anonymous. Let's just say I'm working with them for my own interests."
Yi: "How inconvenient."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Can you shed your oaths with such ease along with your skin? How do you hope to obtain your prize when you have forsworn it by your bonds of fate?"
Yi: "That's my little secret. But as a hint to a real shape-changer, Its not merely the skin that I leave behind."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:53 AM   #1538
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yi: "That's my little secret. But as a hint to a real shape-changer, Its not merely the skin that I leave behind."
"Your new body is not new-born. Did you weave it from some magic, or did it have a previous owner?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:16 AM   #1539
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Your new body is not new-born. Did you weave it from some magic, or did it have a previous owner?"
Yi: "If I wove it from magic, it would be new-born, wouldn't it? The old occupant is gone. Just like Yi."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:22 AM   #1540
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
DX-based Holdout, I think.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yi: "Because its the obvious goal. The one most likely to cause conflicting motives. And I work best from the shadows."
"Not with me. I prefer to sit at the foot of the throne, not on it."
Quote:
[756] 24-03-19 22:58:25 GMT
Acting
3d6 <= 15
1 + 1 + 3 = 5 ... success

[755] 24-03-19 22:58:12 GMT
Sex Appeal
3d6 <= 16
3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success
I draw a rifle quietly, hoping to catch Yi as I distract him with flirting.
Quote:
[757] 24-03-19 22:59:15 GMT
DX Holdout
3d6 <= 13
2 + 3 + 6 = 11 ... success
After the rifle is readied, I shove the table over and begin shooting (full auto, if it matters)
Quote:
[759] 24-03-19 23:01:15 GMT
Guns (Rifle)
3d6 <= 16
3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success

[758] 24-03-19 23:00:38 GMT
Brawling
3d6 <= 14
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
I don't always Rollplay, but when I do, sometimes I get good dice luck. Makes up for a couple no hitters today.

Last edited by TGLS; 03-21-2024 at 06:22 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.