Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2023, 06:13 AM   #1261
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious will gives his thanks and lets the woman eat in peace and withdraws to convey the clue to Halcyone.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 04:19 PM   #1262
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will gives his thanks and lets the woman eat in peace and withdraws to convey the clue to Halcyone.
I keep an eye on the woman while talking with V. "Anyone can say anything. Do you have anyway of verifying that she's really proving that it's fate, and not just a wild goose chase posing as fate? Who is she really? I think one of us should follow her and figure out if she's working for someone. The other can get a start on this golden Chinese guy. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone like that all the way over here."

What loadout did Halcyone bring anyway (kinda rushed through that part this time)? Something similar to icy orc world?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:02 PM   #1263
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I keep an eye on the woman while talking with V. "Anyone can say anything. Do you have anyway of verifying that she's really proving that it's fate, and not just a wild goose chase posing as fate? Who is she really? I think one of us should follow her and figure out if she's working for someone. The other can get a start on this golden Chinese guy. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone like that all the way over here."

Who wants to look for the Chinese guy with gold, and who wants to follow the witch?


Does anyone have other things in the city they would like to do?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:20 PM   #1264
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Halycone seems to want to follow the fortune-teller, so Vassarious will go take in the sights while in search of their gilded Carthan.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:38 PM   #1265
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Righto. I have a shadowing roll up there so let's follow along.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:02 AM   #1266
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Righto. I have a shadowing roll up there so let's follow along.
Halcyone follows the fortune-teller to a home in a crowded section of town home to the artisans... following her further requires sneaking into the dwelling or staking her out until she exits. The building has a shop repairing brass vessels underneath. The shop workers merely say hello as she enters and goes up the stairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Halycone seems to want to follow the fortune-teller, so Vassarious will go take in the sights while in search of their gilded Carthan.
Rolled a 9 for either Tradecraft! or Faceman! for Vassarious's search for the man from Cathay. V finds their way to the foreign district, and asks for the man with gold on his head and fingers. A suspiciously well informed begger with a missing hand says he say the man: he's been visiting all of the witches in the foreign quarter, especially those that might be exiles from Bel's realm. The begger asks for large gold coin ($400!) to tell Vassarious where the man is staying.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 05:31 PM   #1267
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone follows the fortune-teller to a home in a crowded section of town home to the artisans... following her further requires sneaking into the dwelling or staking her out until she exits. The building has a shop repairing brass vessels underneath. The shop workers merely say hello as she enters and goes up the stairs.
Hm... I look for somewhere high up to mount a microbot hive to. Then I could just assign a swarm to monitor this witch in case she does something.

Quote:
[680] 23-08-23 00:29:15 BST
Perception
3d6 <= 16
6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success
[681] 23-08-23 00:30:03 BST
Climbing
3d6 <= 16
5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
[682] 23-08-23 00:30:37 BST
Stealth
3d6 <= 15
6 + 6 + 5 = 17 ... failure
Seems I have terrible luck getting these things up stealthy like. Can I spend a destiny point here?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 08:54 AM   #1268
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm... I look for somewhere high up to mount a microbot hive to. Then I could just assign a swarm to monitor this witch in case she does something.

Seems I have terrible luck getting these things up stealthy like. Can I spend a destiny point here?
If you have one to spend, then sure!


The witch has her own section of the building she goes into, crammed with the tools of her trade. She is already setting up another divination, based on a basin of water and what appears to be a clay figure... its still being shaped.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 09:35 AM   #1269
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Rolled a 9 for either Tradecraft! or Faceman! for Vassarious's search for the man from Cathay. V finds their way to the foreign district, and asks for the man with gold on his head and fingers. A suspiciously well informed begger with a missing hand says he say the man: he's been visiting all of the witches in the foreign quarter, especially those that might be exiles from Bel's realm. The begger asks for large gold coin ($400!) to tell Vassarious where the man is staying.
How great a portion of our allotted resources would that be?

Vassarious will see if the informant is willing to fate-pledge that their benefit from their payoff be only as pleasing to them as the information proves to be for Vassarious... Using whatever phrasing seems appropriate to the fate=magic here.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 01:07 PM   #1270
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The witch has her own section of the building she goes into, crammed with the tools of her trade. She is already setting up another divination, based on a basin of water and what appears to be a clay figure... its still being shaped.
Last one I spent I can find was six pages ago... Probably have that one back by now.

Right. Let's leave a few swarms to keep tabs on her in case she meets someone relevant. Then let's go looking for V and the Chinese guy. I'll send swarms in one direction while I head in another to cover more of the city.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.