Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2022, 08:16 AM   #1661
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Of course I do. I would like you to invite them, in pairs, to be briefed on our situation. We'll find somewhere private to do so, my guards will help ensure they don't make a fuss, and then we'll continue on until everyone is on the same page."
The sergant nods, and starts grabbing pairs of men. Go ahead and make your rolls.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, this is the deck with the fewest problems crossing the wall so I say we sweep the whole deck....

After this deck, might as well continue without disturbing the wall, then going on to the other after clearing.
Ok, give me another stealth roll for the next few decks down on the rear of the ship...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I understand that part, but it should be 3 VS 1 in the first push, or at least 2 VS 1. Pacifica's team prepared this in advance.
You mean these preparations?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Thanks!

Pacifica tells her team to get ready for action.

First, they will wait for 5 minutes and do some observation checks to perceive enemy movement.
Pacifica: Observation (14) 9.

She and the stealthiest crewman of her team will move first, from the direction that doesn't allow the enemy seeing them coming through the threshold.

Pacifica: Displacement (14-2) 10, Stealth (15+4) 14.

The rest will also do stealth.

Pacifica and the stealthy crewman will quietly and quickly lock one of the doors, each. (I would like to call for danger sense and exposition sense to pick the door that proves the safest to lock).

If the enemies charge, the remaining 4 crewmen will be within 3 yards of range from the doors (they get this close using stealth), 2 people pointing at each door with their guns. This distance is enough to eliminate range penalties and if somebody needs help locking a door, the crewmen could also charge and help (instead of shooting). The priority is not to shoot. But if enemies get out, then they shoot. The "gunners" are approaching from a direction that doesn't allow the doors to serve as cover for the enemies.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:56 PM   #1662
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) You mean these preparations?
Yes, the part in which they charge and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
(...)if somebody needs help locking a door, the crewmen could also charge and help (instead of shooting)(...)
You're telling me the "three others" opposed Pacifica's team even if they did not know about the plan. They should have beat the surprise effect, and suddenly come up with a coordinated effort.

On the other hand, Pacifica's team already prepared to face them.

The result you describe makes me think the crewmen are just staring at their teammate dealing with the burden alone; but it should not be like that, they should help, timely, timelier than the opposition is helping each other.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:35 PM   #1663
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, give me another stealth roll for the next few decks down on the rear of the ship...
Quote:
[1189] 22-11-10 22:34:41 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success

[1188] 22-11-10 22:34:31 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success
I duck down into the next deck, doing my best to keep out of the way while invisible.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:17 AM   #1664
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
You're telling me the "three others" opposed Pacifica's team even if they did not know about the plan. They should have beat the surprise effect, and suddenly come up with a coordinated effort.
They found out when the door tried to shut. They are not pushing back as a team: just the one guy over the threshold.

Quote:
The result you describe makes me think the crewmen are just staring at their teammate dealing with the burden alone; but it should not be like that, they should help, timely, timelier than the opposition is helping each other.
Its been a fraction of a second. You requested that fraction of a second before pacifica pushes her door shut. The only people with time to react are her and the people in physical contact with the door. Everyone else will react after pacfica's action.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 12:33 PM   #1665
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Everyone else will react after pacfica's action.
Alright, thanks a lot Erick.
Pacifica rolls a 7 (using luck).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:17 AM   #1666
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The sergant nods, and starts grabbing pairs of men. Go ahead and make your rolls.
(OOC: How many pairs of men are there in this section? I've rolled for five pairs below).

[1193] 22-11-14 11:16:33 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, All-Out Concentrate)

3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
2: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success
3: 4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success
4: 1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... success
5: 2 + 2 + 1 = 5 ... success
6: 5 + 4 + 3 = 12 ... success
7: 3 + 3 + 5 = 11 ... success
8: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
9: 3 + 5 + 6 = 14 ... success
10: 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:37 AM   #1667
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, thanks a lot Erick.
Pacifica rolls a 7 (using luck).
Pacifica slams the door shut, pushing the occupant back. Roll DX to close the lever quickly while keeping it shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
(OOC: How many pairs of men are there in this section? I've rolled for five pairs below).
Half of a shift is here, so 30 people (15 pairs). That's some good rolling so far... Daymar thinks that third of the crew is handled.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I duck down into the next deck, doing my best to keep out of the way while invisible.
The next few decks, at least in the aft section, are the reactor, which was seized earlier, and then they go down to a command center on deck 9. Give me a perception roll.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:43 PM   #1668
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pacifica slams the door shut, pushing the occupant back. Roll DX to close the lever quickly while keeping it shut.
Locking the door (DX):
3d6 <= 12
3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success

Pacifica makes it!

OOC: If it is safe, I would like her to help in locking the other door and signals the others to do so.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #1669
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Half of a shift is here, so 30 people (15 pairs). That's some good rolling so far... Daymar thinks that third of the crew is handled.
Here are the remaining rolls:

[1196] 22-11-14 22:33:26 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, All-Out Concentrate)

3d6 <= 16
1: 3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
2: 2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... success
3: 4 + 6 + 1 = 11 ... success
4: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
5: 3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success
6: 2 + 2 + 6 = 10 ... success
7: 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success
8: 2 + 5 + 3 = 10 ... success
9: 6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success
10: 3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success
11: 2 + 5 + 3 = 10 ... success
12: 3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success
13: 5 + 3 + 1 = 9 ... success
14: 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 ... success
15: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
16: 6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success
17: 1 + 4 + 2 = 7 ... success
18: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
19: 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 ... success
20: 1 + 3 + 5 = 9 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:57 PM   #1670
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The next few decks, at least in the aft section, are the reactor, which was seized earlier
Right, and they're all brainwashed (in theory). I'll let them know not to be alarmed about the outer compartments having their atmosphere vented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
then they go down to a command center on deck 9. Give me a perception roll.
Trouble at the command center? I thought we had that secured.
Quote:
[1197] 22-11-14 22:57:21 CET
Perception
3d6 <= 14
5 + 2 + 6 = 13 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.