Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #1601
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
You don't have any tools to open the doors unless you gather some. As you are in life support, that's easy. Do you have a skill to open a blocked hatch? Forced Entry, lockpicking, or so on?
Forced Entry (12) 6.
(Note: I had a couple of typos in the dice roller).

Pacifica asks 2 additional men to join her squad (she wants at least 5 crewmen + her).

Quote:
What guys? everyone in both the life support section and the forward command center are dread-stormer aligned.
OOC: I am suggesting sweeping motive because you mentioned this:
Quote:
(...) And the current officer of Motive is on your side but you have not made contact with him. (...) Shields and Lasers are unlikely to stand up to Zybo. Who knows what Jivithi at motive will do: he's trying to help the dreadstormers but doesn't know what's going on. (...)
Is not it a good idea getting to these guys to help calm the situation down?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #1602
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yeah, the vehicle deck gives access to deck 2 on the other side.

If you want to sweep deck 2 that will involve taking the shield section, both working area and quarters.
OK, before we take the shields section, I'll try to slip into their quarters to see how aware and ready they are. Their working areas are... Near the magnets on the fringe?

Quote:
[1150] 22-10-07 21:18:38 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
[1149] 22-10-07 21:18:24 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
4 + 4 + 2 = 10 ... success
[1148] 22-10-07 21:18:06 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:41 AM   #1603
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Forced Entry (12) 6.
(Note: I had a couple of typos in the dice roller).
Pacifica asks 2 additional men to join her squad (she wants at least 5 crewmen + her).
Pacifica and her five break open a door on the lower decks. She can now undo a lot of locks if they're willing to walk around and undo all of them. What will they do next?


Quote:
Is not it a good idea getting to these guys to help calm the situation down?
Its a great idea, but you need to reach them before you talk to them. You can't just call them up unless you are in a control center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, before we take the shields section, I'll try to slip into their quarters to see how aware and ready they are. Their working areas are... Near the magnets on the fringe?
The working areas are a combination of the fringe of deck 2, but especially deck 1, which is where they keep all of their shield-specific supplies.

As Hua approaches the compartment of the shield quarters (technically on deck 3), she sees that the door is cracked and someone is watching through it... which will make it hard to enter. Checking a second door reveals its in a similar state.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:48 PM   #1604
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The working areas are a combination of the fringe of deck 2, but especially deck 1, which is where they keep all of their shield-specific supplies.
And here I though deck 1 was exterior, missing any compartment lines. Anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As Hua approaches the compartment of the shield quarters (technically on deck 3), she sees that the door is cracked and someone is watching through it... which will make it hard to enter. Checking a second door reveals its in a similar state.
Quote:
[1151] 22-10-10 22:35:17 CEST
IQ
3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 5 = 7 ... success
I thank myself for [retroactively] remembering to tell my guards to charge towards the quarters once they hear shooting.

Then I'll aim through the gap in the door the shields crew are looking through, and fire away [10 shots (+2), max aim (6+2), showing margin as I don't know the gap size]
Quote:
[1152] 22-10-10 22:43:26 CEST
Shooting through the gap: Beam Weapons
-3d6 +25
- 4 - 4 - 4 + 25 = 13
OK, assuming the target behind the gap's 5 cm (2 inches) or smaller, that's no more than five hits
Quote:
[1153] 22-10-10 22:47:44 CEST
Damage rolls
3d6
1: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8
2: 5 + 1 + 3 = 9
3: 4 + 4 + 2 = 10
4: 6 + 6 + 6 = 18
5: 2 + 6 + 4 = 12
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:57 PM   #1605
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Pacifica and her five break open a door on the lower decks. She can now undo a lot of locks if they're willing to walk around and undo all of them. What will they do next?
Considering what Daymar told me about the guys, and that I got the equipment to deal with the locks, what would be the smarter option?

Quote:
Its a great idea, but you need to reach them before you talk to them. You can't just call them up unless you are in a control center.
Am I missing something? The idea is walking to their place (Daymar & company would do it, we aren't using the comms because it seemed like a bad idea).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 04:57 AM   #1606
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Am I missing something? The idea is walking to their place (Daymar & company would do it, we aren't using the comms because it seemed like a bad idea).
Daymar is able to walk wherever to communicate with whatever of our forces you need him to.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #1607
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
And here I though deck 1 was exterior, missing any compartment lines. Anyway
The magnet lines fulfill the purpose of compartments: you can't cross them.



Quote:
Then I'll aim through the gap in the door the shields crew are looking through, and fire away [10 shots (+2), max aim (6+2), showing margin as I don't know the gap size]

The sound of laser fire fills the compartment. The man falls back and the door swings slightly open. Hua hears shouting. The people aren't armed. Hua's allies start heading towards the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Considering what Daymar told me about the guys, and that I got the equipment to deal with the locks, what would be the smarter option?
I don't have any suggestions here. That's a player choice.


Quote:
Am I missing something? The idea is walking to their place (Daymar & company would do it, we aren't using the comms because it seemed like a bad idea).
Mostly just that you asked to do something without getting into position to do it. It was confusing, because it seemed to me that you thought the people to be talked to were present.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is able to walk wherever to communicate with whatever of our forces you need him to.
I'm unsure what your allies are asking you to do. The two options I've heard are:
  1. Go with Zybo to the command center and help him get all the ship's loyalists into a small, confined area.
  2. Go to the fusion drive, coordinate with the remaining dreadstormer officer, and capture it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #1608
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm unsure what your allies are asking you to do. The two options I've heard are:
  1. Go with Zybo to the command center and help him get all the ship's loyalists into a small, confined area.
  2. Go to the fusion drive, coordinate with the remaining dreadstormer officer, and capture it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Guys, let me know where Daymar should direct his efforts and he will do so. Generally speaking I think converting un-converted people is the priority, but we're in a pretty good position at the moment so either of the above options are fine.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:01 AM   #1609
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

10-11-2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm unsure what your allies are asking you to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
🤔 the idea was going to motive and get the remaining officers to coordinate further actions.

10-05-2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
(...)OK, so it would be advisable to have Daymar and Zybo go to Motive? Gnomes, what do you think?(...)
10-06-2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Sure, sounds fine.
10-07-2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Great, since Pacifica is not taking Zybo with her, you may get there with him and work the officers that still need to be subverted(...)
Other actions (changing topic):
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
She can now undo a lot of locks if they're willing to walk around and undo all of them.
Quote:
I don't have any suggestions here. That's a player choice.
How long would this walk be?
Can the doors be easily unlocked without breaking them?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 04:32 PM   #1610
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The magnet lines fulfill the purpose of compartments: you can't cross them.
I see. I suppose they're kind of boxed off to some degree with the air evacuated from beneath them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The sound of laser fire fills the compartment. The man falls back and the door swings slightly open. Hua hears shouting. The people aren't armed. Hua's allies start heading towards the door.
Can I tell if the man was injured at all?

I yell at the crew still inside the quarters. "Surrender! Or end up like your friend!"

Quote:
[1154] 22-10-12 00:30:17 CEST
Intimidation Default (+1 from Callous?)
3d6 <= 11
5 + 2 + 4 = 11 ... success
Probably too tight.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.