Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2022, 10:36 AM   #1131
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Sargent Pookivo: "If necessary, I can send a pair of security with you. They can get you access to the officers you desire."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #1132
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Sargent Pookivo: "If necessary, I can send a pair of security with you. They can get you access to the officers you desire."
OOC: Pacifica could also arrange a meeting during her shift, just let me know what aligns well with your schedules. Also, I am waiting for the results or the events that took place during Pacifica's watch, did anything special happen? If not, then I would like Pacifica to check the repair progress, I guess (given her charge) that it is possible to have a look and acquire some information about its current state.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:17 PM   #1133
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Nijothu goes through the cafeteria, introducing himself personally and shaking the hand of each person there.

(OC: Rolling in sets of 7)

[747] 22-01-05 22:11:48 CET

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success - critical success
2: 2 + 5 + 2 = 9 ... success
3: 3 + 1 + 6 = 10 ... success
4: 2 + 3 + 6 = 11 ... success
5: 2 + 2 + 5 = 9 ... success
6: 5 + 6 + 4 = 15 ... success - by 1
7: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ... success - critical success

[748] 22-01-05 22:13:13 CET

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 16
1: 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 ... success
2: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ... success - critical success
3: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
4: 5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success
5: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success
6: 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
7: 1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success

[749] 22-01-05 22:14:05 CET

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 1 + 5 = 12 ... success
2: 6 + 5 + 4 = 15 ... success by 1
3: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success
4: 6 + 5 + 5 = 16 ... success by 0
5: 3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success
6: 6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... success by 0
7: 2 + 5 + 6 = 13 ... success

[750] 22-01-05 22:14:47 CET

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 6 + 5 = 16 ... success by 0
2: 5 + 6 + 5 = 16 ... success by 0
3: 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 ... success
4: 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success
5: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success - critical success
6: 6 + 4 + 5 = 15 ... success by 1
7: 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 ... success

No failures, 4 critical successes, 7 succeeded by 0 or 1. Not as certain as I would like it, but the main thing to watch would be anyone who tries to avoid me.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:32 AM   #1134
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica is the first to spot trouble: one of the two last guards (the one converted just now in the establishment) is eyeing the door and moving towards it, looking for an opportunity to slip out.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:32 AM   #1135
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica makes a displacement roll (14-2-2FP) 11 to improve her stealth to +4; her stealth is (15+4) and rolls a 7. If others can't do anything to stop him, she'll take the man out (let me know the circumstances beforehand, is he the only one?).

Note: She also rolled disguise (15) 10 to cover her face and nameplate/tag.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 01-06-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:47 AM   #1136
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica makes a displacement roll (14-2-2FP) 11 to improve her stealth to +4; her stealth is (15+4) and rolls a 7. If others can't do anything to stop him, she'll take the man out (let me know the circumstances beforehand, is he the only one?).

Note: She also rolled disguise (15) 10 to cover her face and nameplate/tag.
Unless Pacifica warns us, she may have to take action.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:17 AM   #1137
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica makes a displacement roll (14-2-2FP) 11 to improve her stealth to +4; her stealth is (15+4) and rolls a 7. If others can't do anything to stop him, she'll take the man out (let me know the circumstances beforehand, is he the only one?).

Note: She also rolled disguise (15) 10 to cover her face and nameplate/tag.

There is one other you suspect, but are not sure about yet: Daymar hasn't come close enough.



How will she be "taking him out"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #1138
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) How will she be "taking him out"
She's going to reach the door and lock it before the man gets there. If she comes across Day, she'll whisper "traitor goes door".

Let me know your thoughts.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:31 AM   #1139
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
She's going to reach the door and lock it before the man gets there. If she comes across Day, she'll whisper "traitor goes door".

Let me know your thoughts.

Will you stride across the room in plain sight or go around the hall and lock the door from the other side?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:30 PM   #1140
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Not running, I think the best way is walking quickly and taking a shorter path than the target to get to the door ASAP. The other guy should not be rushing, because he is trying not to draw that much attention, so I will leverage on that. Pacifica should be doing better than him, with her margin of 12.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.