Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #31
Embassy of Time

Default Re: [GURPS Heart Corps] Can AI design a GURPS campaign?

Quick update, just 'cause I need to mumble this out loud. I'm doing a heavily expanded second draft of HC, and getting a bit into it because of three things:

1: I'm starting to like the setting. It's sufficiently messed up to pique my interest.
2: I'm starting to figure out how to work WITH the AI and not for it, so to speak.
3: I'm starting to reaize some stuff about writing RPG stuff for teens.

No. 3 kinda got me thinking, maybe there's some angle in how teens absorb media that is holding GURPS back? I notiiced that they dislike denser paragraphs but love example lists. THis is VERY opposite to me, and I think the dense stuff is what draws me to GURPS. Maybe it is pushing (some) younger potentials away? D&D is basically an incoherent, poorly balanced flipbook of ability lists in pick-a-package classes, and it seems to catch them more (these teens just want to expand beyond the fantasy genre, they still seem to like thinking in D&D patterns). So... more list stuff? Dunno, just thiinking out loud. On a note, the AI seems list happy, too. Match made in Heaven?
Embassy of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:31 AM   #32
Embassy of Time

I am working on the second draft whenever I get the time. Security Level 0 is actually done, but it turns out that teens dislike reading big blocks of text. Go figure, who could have known! So I am revamping it into a website, using a lot of AI tools to get it pretty. Security Level 0 should be up fully later this week, but the layout and such seems right to me, already.

Go have a look!
Old 03-22-2023, 12:43 AM   #33
Inky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy of Time View Post
Sound it out loud. What does "Heart Corps" sound like?
Aha :-D possibly took me a while because accent - our accent doesn't seem to equate t's and d's as much as yours does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
I'm guessing that the various New Age items Heart Corps sell in their public outlets at Level 0 don't actually work?
Quote:
Not as.... advertised...
This possibly also crossed my mind :-D

Quote:
You have my undivided attention. Please elaborate!
I'm not sure I know any more about it than what's in that link ( https://platform.openai.com/docs/gui...n/introduction ), sorry. I'm not sure whether the moderators of the Linux support server I found the bot in would appreciate someone joining just to play with the bot - although if you want to try, it's https://discord.gg/discord-linux . Talk to Transformer seems to have gone a bit out of fashion and/or behind paywalls since GPT-3 came along, but searching for "Talk to Transformer" seems to throw up a few semi-usable things.

Quote:
EDIT: Added l*z*rd people. The world is in balance once more.
No reply, this just seemed like it needed saying again :-D

That website looks very impressive! "huling" should possibly be "hulking" on the first page. It looks like those are AI pictures too, given the way some of the people are strange alien blobs on a closer look... this setting and AI seem to suit each other :-D
Old 03-23-2023, 07:14 AM   #34
Embassy of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
That website looks very impressive! "huling" should possibly be "hulking" on the first page.
You are correct, thank you!
Quote:
It looks like those are AI pictures too, given the way some of the people are strange alien blobs on a closer look... this setting and AI seem to suit each other :-D
Correct again! I am mostly finding a proper design right now, and I need to learn the strengths and weaknesses of image generators. Somewhere along the way, I hope to get real human works into the important pages.... And yes, now that you mention it, the slight distortion of everything does seem to carry well from AI to HC..... how delightful!
Old 03-30-2023, 06:40 AM   #35
Embassy of Time

I got some more stuff up on the website, although there are a handful of empty images and text placeholders. I've been dealing with a cat with cancer lately, so I fell behind schedule. I am still looking into some more "advanced" ways to present the campaign, but right now my head is elsewhere, for a bit....

Last edited by Embassy of Time; 03-31-2023 at 08:36 AM.