Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #21
Jürgen Hubert

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Urban Magics

Gah! Why couldn't you have done that at a time when I wasn't writing my PhD thesis?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #22
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen
GMail automatically threads messages, which means that it's enormously easier to follow active playtests.
So do lots of mail readers; Thunderbird does it pretty well. However, there always seems to be someone using a bad mail reader that doesn't send proper threading headers, or using a reply to create a new thread.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #23
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
Apropos: I hope that UM will be well coordinated with the Spaceships book that will see Bound Elementals and the like.
I suppose there's a chance, but they have different authors and themes, which makes it seem unlikely that one will directly reference the other.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #24
damon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs
Mostly taken from that project. I wrote a bit of new material here and there. The "campaigns" section is basically new.

Bill Stoddard
is the original project cancelled now? or indefinitely shelved? or somewhere on the horizon?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #25
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon
is the original project cancelled now? or indefinitely shelved? or somewhere on the horizon?
It's gone. During the delays while we were working out issues of focus and coordination with other projects, Steve Jackson Games moved away from publishing many books of this size. Urban Magics salvages the crunchy parts and reframes them slightly.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #26
Pomphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
I suppose there's a chance, but they have different authors and themes, which makes it seem unlikely that one will directly reference the other.
My concern is not direct reference, but compatibility. If one introduces a Bind Elemental spell or enchantment, it would be nice if the other would use the same as far as possible.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
My concern is not direct reference, but compatibility. If one introduces a Bind Elemental spell or enchantment, it would be nice if the other would use the same as far as possible.
This is really more a matter for the Spaceships 7 playtest than the Urban Magics playtest. Since UM is almost certainly going to be coming out before Spaceships 7, it basically takes precedence.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #28
seasong

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd
So how does one tell if you have spent that much in a particular timeframe? It's not like I keep track of purchase dates or prices.
Someone else gave the instructions, but here is the direct link to see your past orders and their amounts:
http://e23.sjgames.com/account.html?a=prev
Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #29
Gavynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh
We encourage first-time playtesters to apply for a reserved portion of slots available, as well as those with professional or other real-life experience with the subject matter.
How many people have applied to be play testers so far that have professional or other real-life experience with using magic in urban settings? If we can find some, it should be a dang good playtest!
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #30
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavynn
How many people have applied to be play testers so far that have professional or other real-life experience with using magic in urban settings? If we can find some, it should be a dang good playtest!
I have the experience, but I have not applied. Of course, in my sorceror practice I did not use GURPS magic.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote