Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #37
Bruno

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Urban Magics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayDowling
You have clearly never met the Squirrels Of Doom, who rain nuts (and small branches) down on infidels who dare trespass on the sacred sidewalks.

True story.
In the words of a zillion Live Journal commenters: "This".

I grew up in a nice, "scenic" sub-urban neighborhood where the neighborhood planners put in a lot of big leafy trees. Looks pretty. The harsh reality is that it is a huge pile of work in the autum, the entire neighborhood became a deathtrap during The Ice Storm Of Ninety-Eight, and we had a massive squirrel infestation.

I say infestation deliberately. If they had bald tails and lived in the sewers in these densities, I think the city would have condemned the neighborhood. But, because they're tree rats, not sewer rats, they're apparently not vermin. They still rip apart your garbage bags, plastic garbage cans, housing siding and roofs, burrow holes through your walls and infest your house (attic instead of basement, but they still get in the walls and they still raid your pantry).

Players never take squirrels seriously. *pout*
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote