Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-16-2022, 02:45 PM   #1211
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar would like the sergeant to accompany him, allowing him to direct the troops while Daymar concentrates on converting more of the enemy as the opportunity arises.
I kind of want the sergeant so I can scout up ahead and delegate leading the troops to the sergeant. Anyway:

"I'll be scouting ahead on the look out for other officers and security. I'll deal with the ones who need dealing with so they won't raise any alarm. I want the squad to reach the first life support area just as the strikes on the command centers happen."

"We'll hit them in the following order:
- 18BC
- 18E
- 17DE
- 19F
"

"A third of the squad will take the port elevators and the other two thirds will take the starboard elevators. Half of the starboard squad will go around to access the middle compartment. I'll head inside (invisible obviously) to take them by surprise once the attack."

"Shoot everyone who hasn't yet surrendered. Cuff everyone who does surrender after combat is concluded. We'll collect and dump them in a compartment near 19I"

"Some of you may die. Those of you who do will be remembered as heroes of the Fifth Republic and the Jakorbi Union. Those who survive will see the bright new day as the Zorbani are brought to Tijouki, to sign their instrument of surrender."

"For the glory of the Fifth!"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 05:22 AM   #1212
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I kind of want the sergeant so I can scout up ahead and delegate leading the troops to the sergeant. Anyway:
Clearly, we need more sergeants, although shouldn't we have two? We have two shifts of security subverted.
Old 02-17-2022, 05:32 AM   #1213
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Clearly, we need more sergeants, although shouldn't we have two? We have two shifts of security subverted.

Yes you should have a Sargent for the second shift! Her name is Sargent Nubitothi. Nubitothi offers to lead Hua's team.

Hide, do you have any instructions for your team (bigger than a squad, really)?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:59 PM   #1214
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes you should have a Sargent for the second shift! Her name is Sargent Nubitothi. Nubitothi offers to lead Hua's team. Hide, do you have any instructions for your team (bigger than a squad, really)?
Since Pacifica lacks leadership skills (she’s a solo assassin) she makes sure her “space marines” have the credentials and a capable leader to coordinate the attack. She takes a savoir-faire (military) roll (14) 9 to determine and appoint such person.

She tells the group to avoid violence, and then suggests an excuse to avoid combat. Failed fast-talk (13) 15:

And if they try weird things, just tell them everybody will die, eventually.

... Then she cracks an evil smile; Pacifica will blend with the group following the best route (as previously observed).

OOC: Please share with us the stats of the armor and the guns we got and the stats of the enemy weapons and armor. Is there anything else we should consider?
Old 02-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #1215
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Since Pacifica lacks leadership skills (she’s a solo assassin) she makes sure her “space marines” have the credentials and a capable leader to coordinate the attack. She takes a savoir-faire (military) roll (14) 9 to determine and appoint such person.

Having come up short on sergeants, she falls back on the command chain, and grabs another non-commisioned officer (a man named "Thorpojor").

Thorpojor is dividing troops into four groups. A group of seven will storm the three rooms of the control center from port, and another group of seven from starboard. The remaining troops will be blocking hatches to lower in the ship, and into the motive section. He wants to know what group to put Pacifica with.

Quote:
She tells the group to avoid violence, and then suggests an excuse to avoid combat. Failed fast-talk (13) 15:
And if they try weird things, just tell them everybody will die, eventually.
They have confidence in their ability to take the control center without bloodshood. If it will actually work? We'll see.

Quote:
... Then she cracks an evil smile; Pacifica will blend with the group following the best route (as previously observed).
Quote:

Quote:
Daymar would like the sergeant to accompany him, allowing him to direct the troops while Daymar concentrates on converting more of the enemy as the opportunity arises. He plans to take the most direct route possible to the command center, and then have the security force rush in to try to secure it, keeping combat to a minimum, since his intent is to subvert the command centre personnel. I think we should certainly try to time synchronize the command center attacks, and the life support section if possible.

Addressing his squad, Daymar says, "I would like try to take the command center with a minimum of violence, if we can get through this with no shots fired I would be happy. The priority will be to secure the entrance, and then cover the security, any officers, and the crew, in that order. I then plan to subvert them to our cause."

There are effectively nine entrances to cover: three on the same floor approaching from fore, and hatches going up or down a deck from the three compartments to both above and below

The current command staff is in the fore of the center compartment, so I take it that's where Daymar would like to enter? We're in the third shift, I believe, so that means the second mate is commanding right now.

Quote:
"A third of the squad will take the port elevators and the other two thirds will take the starboard elevators. Half of the starboard squad will go around to access the middle compartment. I'll head inside (invisible obviously) to take them by surprise once the attack."
So I'm a touch unclear, but Hua will be going in first, and then the signal for attack is what? 30 seconds later?

Quote:
"Some of you may die. Those of you who do will be remembered as heroes of the Fifth Republic and the Jakorbi Union. Those who survive will see the bright new day as the Zorbani are brought to Tijouki, to sign their instrument of surrender."

"For the glory of the Fifth!"
Hua's team all whispers, "For the glory of the fifth!"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-21-2022, 11:03 AM   #1216
TGLS

Quote:
So I'm a touch unclear, but Hua will be going in first, and then the signal for attack is what? 30 seconds later?
Yeah, like a half a minute to a minute after.

--

Did we brainwash the two prisoners I brought back earlier?
Old 02-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #1217
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
[/I]
There are effectively nine entrances to cover: three on the same floor approaching from fore, and hatches going up or down a deck from the three compartments to both above and below

The current command staff is in the fore of the center compartment, so I take it that's where Daymar would like to enter? We're in the third shift, I believe, so that means the second mate is commanding right now.
Yes, that's right. Enter there, and then spread out to cover the crew and the entrances.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:03 AM   #1218
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Yes, that's right. Enter there, and then spread out to cover the crew and the entrances.
ok, I'll run that.

Quote:
Did we brainwash the two prisoners I brought back earlier?
Not yet... but Daymar has a chance if he wants to.

Hua sneaks into 18BC life support section, and scouts it out. The section isn't as busy as the others: life support is also responsible for ventilation, plumbing, and heating all across the ship. She spots a half dozen workers doing various tasks... mostly shoveling "food pellets" out of the "waste converter". Everyone will be happier if those never get used. She notes that a lot of water is being stored here, as well as a lot of oxygen. The area is tough, but it might not be a great idea to have a firefight in here.

She also spots the Officer on duty, who has a desk set up among the tanks and scrubbers. Of course, Lieutenant Vibibu, second mate over life support, is an ally, not an enemy, having been subverted by Daymar.

Sargent Pookivo tells Daymar that they've scouted ahead, and there are a pair of security watching the doors to the control room.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:49 AM   #1219
TGLS

Quote:
The area is tough, but it might not be a great idea to have a firefight in here.
Hopefully the possibility of fiery death disuades any would be heroes.

Quote:
She also spots the Officer on duty, who has a desk set up among the tanks and scrubbers. Of course, Lieutenant Vibibu, second mate over life support, is an ally, not an enemy, having been subverted by Daymar.
I'll walk up to him and start whispering to him.
"We're taking control of the life support systems now. Subverted security are going to enter at any moment, don't resist. They've been ordered to shoot everyone who doesn't surrender. Can you recall other life support crew from this location? Can you get your other crew to surrender?"
Old 02-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #1220
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Not yet... but Daymar has a chance if he wants to.
Daymar will do so, critical success on the first, success by 5 on the second
[797] 22-02-22 22:27:00 CET
Mental Surgery (Fanaticism), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
2: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success

Quote:
Sargent Pookivo tells Daymar that they've scouted ahead, and there are a pair of security watching the doors to the control room.
Daymar asks Pookivo, "How close can we get without being spotted? If I can get within 10 yards or so, I can likely have one the disarm the other."