Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #1121
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I'll slip a note to them telling them to go back to the mess.

Quote:
[742] 21-12-27 17:51:49 CET
Filch
3d6 <= 14
1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success
Then I guess we should head back near the mess too. We should be able to talk there I think.
Quote:
[744] 21-12-27 17:53:53 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 2 + 6 = 14 ... success
[743] 21-12-27 17:53:46 CET
photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 ... success
"Alright Daymar, I want you to explain our plans to the security section. I'll stay invisible near a door in case somebody tries to rush out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Any coordination with Pacifica?
Whoops, didn't think of that. I'll slip her a note too. "Lose your buddy and head down the security section below."
Quote:
[745] 21-12-27 18:33:27 CET
Filch
3d6 <= 14
5 + 3 + 4 = 12 ... success
When she comes down, I'll add:
"You keep an eye from the other door. If someone's leaving I want them stopped. Anyone leaving probably has a programming problem."

Last edited by TGLS; 12-27-2021 at 10:36 AM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #1122
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Alright Daymar, I want you to explain our plans to the security section. I'll stay invisible near a door in case somebody tries to rush out."
"
Daymar looks at Hua quizzically, saying, "Remember, I'm "Nijothu" where anyone might hear, and what are our plans? We now have an entire security section on our side, but what shall we do with them?"
Old 12-28-2021, 12:17 AM   #1123
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar looks at Hua quizzically, saying, "Remember, I'm "Nijothu" where anyone might hear, and what are our plans? We now have an entire security section on our side, but what shall we do with them?"
"Alrighty, here's how I remember it:"
"1) We stage the brig break."
"2) The escaped prisoners make their way up to the security section."
"3) We arm the escaped prisoners, ourselves, and then massacre the sleeping security section."
"4+) Split up and start hunting down the other security section and officers. Capture the crew and brainwash more of them. Hopefully the crew will surrender when they learn that their guns are probably useless."

"I think we're planning all this for this shift. Tell them the general armories have been sabotaged and ask them to sort the broken guns from the working ones. Let them know which officers are on our side. It'll be difficult to manage all of them otherwise."

"What do you think?"
Old 12-28-2021, 05:17 AM   #1124
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"Alrighty, here's how I remember it:"
"1) We stage the brig break."
"2) The escaped prisoners make their way up to the security section."
"3) We arm the escaped prisoners, ourselves, and then massacre the sleeping security section."
"4+) Split up and start hunting down the other security section and officers. Capture the crew and brainwash more of them. Hopefully the crew will surrender when they learn that their guns are probably useless."

"I think we're planning all this for this shift. Tell them the general armories have been sabotaged and ask them to sort the broken guns from the working ones. Let them know which officers are on our side. It'll be difficult to manage all of them otherwise."

"What do you think?"
"All right, this is the moment we've been planning for."

'Nijothu' briefs the security section, "With your help, we are going to take over this ship. We are going to free the prisoners, who are on our side, and have them join up with you. We then need to arm them, and then eliminate the other security that are not with us. Officers, if possible, should be captured and brought to me. Here are the list of officers that are already with us. The armoury has been sabotaged, so I need you to separate out the usable weapons. Any questions?"
Old 12-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #1125
TGLS

I keep an eye on the crowd in case anyone's not being suitably enthusiastic:
Quote:
[746] 21-12-29 01:27:02 CET
Observation

3d6 <= 13
6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
Or not.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:10 AM   #1126
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The NCO for the mess has a few questions:

"So first we free the prisoners, then we neutralize the other shifts? just confirming that order. Will you be freeing the prisoners by yourselves, or do you need our assistance? and are you freeing that cordoned off section, or just the folks in individual cells?"

"We've already sorted out the weaponry after the initial sabotage. We should be able to claim that quickly."

"Were will we be putting our prisoners?"

"How sure are you that everyone here is loyal to the republic?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:58 AM   #1127
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The NCO for the mess has a few questions:

"So first we free the prisoners, then we neutralize the other shifts? just confirming that order. Will you be freeing the prisoners by yourselves, or do you need our assistance? and are you freeing that cordoned off section, or just the folks in individual cells?"

"We've already sorted out the weaponry after the initial sabotage. We should be able to claim that quickly."

"Were will we be putting our prisoners?"

"How sure are you that everyone here is loyal to the republic?"
"All good questions. Having a buddy pair of security would be helpful in freeing the prisoners, perhaps you can suggest someone? Right now we're focused on those in the cells. If we capture the brig, after freeing our prisoners we can use it to keep any prisoners we capture. We are reasonably confident that all those gathered here are loyal to the republic, but not 100% certain; if you notice anyone behaving suspiciously, report them to me. Any other questions?"
Old 12-30-2021, 08:33 AM   #1128
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The NCO (Sargent Pookivo, I think you'll be seeing more of him), assigns two security to assist you, and then sends four more to grab the unsabotaged weapons, and has the rest of the mess grab their own weapons.

The atmosphere is tense.

All three dreadstormers are there.

Pookivo: "Do you want someone to alert our allied officers?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 10:09 AM   #1129
TGLS

Quote:
Pookivo: "Do you want someone to alert our allied officers?"
"You know where they are?"
"'Nijothu', maybe you could go to alert them, and maybe get that invitation. Getting more of the officers would be good. Most of the crew will probably surrender when they learn their guns are useless."
Old 12-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #1130
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"You know where they are?"
"'Nijothu', maybe you could go to alert them, and maybe get that invitation. Getting more of the officers would be good. Most of the crew will probably surrender when they learn their guns are useless."
"I think that's a job for Pacifica, she's had more contact with them."