Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #1291
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Crewman Bert" goes down, not expecting the acrobatics and close range fire.

The others look at each other, hands way in the air, and one of them says "No Sir!"
If the dazed guy's still dazed, I'll wake him up with a jab of the pistol and tell him to get on the ground. Then I'll keep an eye on them until security gets in here.

Keeping an eye:
Quote:
[892] 22-03-22 23:36:33 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 03-22-2022 at 04:36 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 08:47 PM   #1292
Hide

Pacifica lands a finishing blow (punches) on the people that got shot down. She also reloads her gun. She whispers to Thorpojor, and asks him the following:

Search them for guns, and other potential weapons.
Have somebody (temporarily) disable the comm in a way the crew isn't capable of operating it while restrained. BUT leave it ready, we have to reply if someone tries to reach the section as speak, we will finish that job as we leave.

Then Pacifica talks to Thorpojor in private:

"In the name of Fifth Republic"? We are Zorbani apprehending Dreadstormers, please remember this and inform the team. Anyway, we must carry the standard procedure, we will have to flush the oxygen away. It is OK, the death will not speak and if they stay alive until their shift is over, things will get out of control.

Once they are dead, have a couple of our men place the dead in their seats as if they were working. They will repair the comms and tell everybody we are fine, and state they are carrying an inspection as requested on site.

Do not worry about the captain*, we are going there right now.
He is not coming here.

Pick the bodies of the dead men, carry them as if you were seeking for help in the other section, we will be "running away from the Dreadstormers": We have faced the subverted.

This must make an opening for us; the diversion should be enough to shoot the captain down (along with those standing close to the comms). We will stop them before they call for help.

We will say the captain is a Dreadstormer, we will say he was calling our section because he wanted to make contact with the other Dreadstormers, but the officers here managed to tell us about this as they fought for their lives against 2 subverted officers.

We will apprehend the rest of the crew as peacefully as possible, stating it will last until the proper procedures and the due investigations are carried out. Then we will kill them by cutting their oxygen supply.

If we find the Captain in the aisle, we will tell him Dreadstormers can turn invisible, that the other section was compromised with subverted. We will tell them we might have trapped a Dreadstormer in the other section.

This must as well make an opening for us.
We shall avoid shooting, I will deal the killing blows.

If the attack is not enough, you will shoot him down (including any companions) and we will do the same with their bodies, they will be our alibi.

I will do the acting and the talking, follow my lead.

*He's the man in charge of the contiguous section, right?
Old 03-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #1293
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
He will repeat the process in the second block.
He thinks it all worked. What is his next step?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
If the dazed guy's still dazed, I'll wake him up with a jab of the pistol and tell him to get on the ground. Then I'll keep an eye on them until security gets in here.
20 seconds can be an eternity in the right situations, but the rest of security arrives after such an eternity, and no one tries anything else. Security apprehends these crew: where do you want them to end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica lands a finishing blow (punches) on the people that got shot down. She also reloads her gun. She whispers to Thorpojor, and asks him the following:

Search them for guns, and other potential weapons.
Have somebody (temporarily) disable the comm in a way the crew isn't capable of operating it while restrained. BUT leave it ready, we have to reply if someone tries to reach the section as speak, we will finish that job as we leave.
Thorpojor :"I'm not sure how to both disable the comm and leave it ready to respond. I have Zotizi guarding it: anyone would have to get through him."

OCC: As a GM I'm not sure what the bolded section means.

Then Pacifica talks to Thorpojor in private:

Quote:
"In the name of Fifth Republic"? We are Zorbani apprehending Dreadstormers, please remember this and inform the team. Anyway, we must carry the standard procedure, we will have to flush the oxygen away. It is OK, the death will not speak and if they stay alive until their shift is over, things will get out of control.
Which room are you flushing the oxygen out of? Also, you are aware that killing captured prisoners with mind controlled troops is not standard dreadstormer procedure?

Quote:
Once they are dead, have a couple of our men place the dead in their seats as if they were working. They will repair the comms and tell everybody we are fine, and state they are carrying an inspection as requested on site.

Pick the bodies of the dead men, carry them as if you were seeking for help in the other section, we will be "running away from the Dreadstormers": We have faced the subverted.

I will do the acting and the talking, follow my lead.

This part of the plan makes sense.
Quote:
*He's the man in charge of the contiguous section, right?
I'm not sure what you mean by "contiguous section". could you explain? The Captain is the man in charge of the entire ship. All the officers in the ship report to him. He is currently in the officer quarters on deck 10F with half to a third of the officers and Thorpojor reports the captain is asking about what's going on in the command center.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:31 AM   #1294
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
He thinks it all worked. What is his next step?
Daymar will discuss what he has done with any guards looking after the prisoners, suggesting that they keep an eye on them but that the prisoners are now likely to be on side. He's then going to continue looking for Hua. If he finds more prisoners on the way, he intends to use mental surgery on them. I figure he has successfully converted somewhere around 140-150 crew members now (including 60 security, 60 from the command centre, the 10 he just did, plus some officers and miscellaneous others).
Old 03-23-2022, 10:38 AM   #1295
TGLS

Quote:
Security apprehends these crew: where do you want them to end up?
It's only two decks straight down to the area with the other prisoners?

Forget that. I rather not have the deck 19 prisoners think something's up until Daymar handles them. I'll have a pair of security flush the corpses out the airlock (unless that might cause an alert), then stick the prisoners here in the air lock. They shouldn't be able to get up to anything inside the airlock, and security could just flush them out if they did, right?

I'll contact the other two control centers, and try to coordinate next steps. Obviously, Daymar isn't there, but I should know where he is now (though I can't contact him from here). I suppose I can talk to Pacifica: "I've taken life support and moved on to the aux command center. Daymar's stopped by life support to convert crew. Where next?"

After I deal with that, I'll head over to a life support area in hopes of catching Daymar to send him up to deck 19.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #1296
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar will discuss what he has done with any guards looking after the prisoners, suggesting that they keep an eye on them but that the prisoners are now likely to be on side. He's then going to continue looking for Hua. If he finds more prisoners on the way, he intends to use mental surgery on them. I figure he has successfully converted somewhere around 140-150 crew members now (including 60 security, 60 from the command centre, the 10 he just did, plus some officers and miscellaneous others).
Quote:
It's only two decks straight down to the area with the other prisoners?

Forget that. I rather not have the deck 19 prisoners think something's up until Daymar handles them. I'll have a pair of security flush the corpses out the airlock (unless that might cause an alert), then stick the prisoners here in the air lock. They shouldn't be able to get up to anything inside the airlock, and security could just flush them out if they did, right?

I'll contact the other two control centers, and try to coordinate next steps. Obviously, Daymar isn't there, but I should know where he is now (though I can't contact him from here). I suppose I can talk to Pacifica: "I've taken life support and moved on to the aux command center. Daymar's stopped by life support to convert crew. Where next?"

After I deal with that, I'll head over to a life support area in hopes of catching Daymar to send him up to deck 19.
The ship isn't moving, so bodies outside the airlock are fairly visible... not terribly visible though. Its not a bad hiding spot compared to a random hydrogen block, though both options can be made sanitary. Airlocks in this area aren't big enough to hold more than one person at a time.

Hua contacts the control centers. One says Daymar is headed towards Hua and they're keeping control of the Main control center. The other isn't responding.

Daymar shows up as Hua is establishing contact. Daymar sees about two thirds of Hua's force plus five prisoners.

Yeah, about 140.

Zotizi calls over to Porjathor: "We just got a message from the auxillery gunnery and nav center. I think its the others on our side. Shall I answer?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-24-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:37 AM   #1297
TGLS

Quote:
Hua contacts the control centers. One says Daymar is headed towards Hua and they're keeping control of the Main control center. The other isn't responding.
"Great to see you. Saved me from having to find somewhere to store the prisoners. You can convert these guys then the ones up on Deck 19."

"You know how to use a spacesuit, right? Could you toss these bodies such that they go under the ship and fall out of sight?"

"What do you think we should go after next?"
Old 03-24-2022, 05:16 PM   #1298
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"Great to see you. Saved me from having to find somewhere to store the prisoners. You can convert these guys then the ones up on Deck 19."

"You know how to use a spacesuit, right? Could you toss these bodies such that they go under the ship and fall out of sight?"

"What do you think we should go after next?"
"I converted 10 of your prisoners on the way here, yes, I can do these guys, how many more do you have on 19? I'm trained in EVA, so I can head outside with the bodies; rather than just tossing them, we could attach them to a safety line outside the ship, maybe even in suits so if anyone stumbles across them it could look like an accident.

We originally set out to take the two command centres, life support, missiles and engines. I took the command centre, and converted all 60 or so crew on shift. You have life support secured? What about missiles and engines? We could also go see whether Pacifica needs help.
"

He will try to convert the five prisoners. I have a critical failure on the first roll, now it becomes pertinent whether his Luck has recharged or not. You indicated at one point you were leaning towards a recharge rate of every 30 posts. I last used Luck in post 1268, this will be post 1298, so I think I'm good to use it (just).

I did this roll, but it was a mis-click:

[893] 22-03-25 00:03:12 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica)

1d2 = 0
1 ... failure

[894] 22-03-25 00:03:52 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 ... failure
2: 2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success
3: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
4: 6 + 5 + 2 = 13 ... success
5: 3 + 6 + 4 = 13 ... success

[895] 22-03-25 00:13:38 CET

Mental Surgery (Luck rerolls)

3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 4 + 6 = 15 ... success
2: 3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success
Old 03-24-2022, 09:58 PM   #1299
TGLS

Quote:
"I converted 10 of your prisoners on the way here, yes, I can do these guys, how many more do you have on 19? I'm trained in EVA, so I can head outside with the bodies; rather than just tossing them, we could attach them to a safety line outside the ship, maybe even in suits so if anyone stumbles across them it could look like an accident."
"Sounds good to me."
Quote:
"We originally set out to take the two command centres, life support, missiles and engines. I took the command centre, and converted all 60 or so crew on shift. You have life support secured?"
"More or less. There's tons of prisoners on Deck 19."
Quote:
" What about missiles and engines? We could also go see whether Pacifica needs help."
"Let's split the difference. We form up at Command Center 9C, and then we get ready to take the plasma rocket area. We can take drive after that."
Old 03-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #1300
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
He will try to convert the five prisoners. I have a critical failure on the first roll, now it becomes pertinent whether his Luck has recharged or not. You indicated at one point you were leaning towards a recharge rate of every 30 posts. I last used Luck in post 1268, this will be post 1298, so I think I'm good to use it (just).

Luck has recharged. that's... lucky.