Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 04-30-2022, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default May 1, 2022: Giant Munchkin Level Dice Now Available

May 1, 2022: Giant Munchkin Level Dice Now Available

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:10 PM   #2
pmpappas

Default Re: May 1, 2022: Giant Munchkin Level Dice Now Available

If memory serves, the Munchkin polyhedral dice were announced a little over two years ago as well as the kitten polyhedral dice. Pictures were released of both, Munchkin at a FnordCon Online and kitten on Twitter (at least). But after that, inquiries I made about the status of the Munchkin polyhedral dice resulted in "I can neither confirm nor deny its existence" responses, so the announcement of the Kickstarter campaign is great news!

I have a few questions, but first I'll say I've done my part to support the production of the colossal dice by buying two of each color.

Will the card set that comes with the colossal black, blue, and green dice but not the red be made available separately, so we may add them to the red die?

Will the next shipment of colossal dice include the classic Munchkin colors orange, purple, and yellow?

Will the polyhedral dice be available in the six classic Munchkin colors?

I'm going to need more dice bags. That's not a complaint. ;-)

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
mabhatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpappas View Post
If memory serves, the Munchkin polyhedral dice were announced a little over two years ago as well as the kitten polyhedral dice. Pictures were released of both, Munchkin at a FnordCon Online and kitten on Twitter (at least). But after that, inquiries I made about the status of the Munchkin polyhedral dice resulted in "I can neither confirm nor deny its existence" responses, so the announcement of the Kickstarter campaign is great news!

I have a few questions, but first I'll say I've done my part to support the production of the colossal dice by buying two of each color.

Will the card set that comes with the colossal black, blue, and green dice but not the red be made available separately, so we may add them to the red die?

Will the next shipment of colossal dice include the classic Munchkin colors orange, purple, and yellow?

Will the polyhedral dice be available in the six classic Munchkin colors?

I'm going to need more dice bags. That's not a complaint. ;-)
I think we'll just have to wait for more Jumbo Dice. Maybe we'll get more colors next year. They gotta save something for us to buy later. Is Black the new Yellow? Several products have multiple colors of dice in Black, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Orange... like Cthulhu 19mm dice.

I too inquire about buying a pack of cards for the Red die.
mabhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
pmpappas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabhatter View Post
I think we'll just have to wait for more Jumbo Dice. Maybe we'll get more colors next year. They gotta save something for us to buy later. Is Black the new Yellow? Several products have multiple colors of dice in Black, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Orange... like Cthulhu 19mm dice...
I think you meant is black is the new orange, but I won't quibble because I have black Spyke and Flower pawns. ;-)

Still, I'm talking about the next announced shipment of Munchkin colossal dice and when it comes to Munchkin, imho the six classic colors rule supreme. Now you could make the case that other colors have become more or less standard over the years, including black and perhaps most notably sparkly pink. But I still hope they will be released in the three remaining classic colors.

Regardless, I love these blunt force trauma dice. ;-)

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote