Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 05-04-2022, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default May 5, 2022: FnordCon Wrap-Up

May 5, 2022: FnordCon Wrap-Up

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:51 AM   #2
thrash

Default Re: May 5, 2022: FnordCon Wrap-Up

Link to Douglas Cole's Fnordcon 5 write-up on Gaming Ballistic: https://gamingballistic.com/2022/05/03/492252/
thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
sparky00

Did I see an Ogre Battlefields Pocket Box in one of those pics?
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash View Post
Link to Douglas Cole's Fnordcon 5 write-up on Gaming Ballistic: https://gamingballistic.com/2022/05/03/492252/
Hey, thank you for posting this reference.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:06 PM   #5
pmpappas

It was gratifying to see FnordCon take proper Covid-19 precautions since by any metric you care to use, Elvis and Normal have left the building with no scheduled plans to return. Oh how I wish I could have been there, but the travel industry has chosen to ignore that fact.

I'm probably not the only one who asked, but shortly after I posted a request to sell the swag bags online the Secret Master's granted my wish. In fact my wife and I bought four of them with various extras. So let's see if lightning will strike twice.

I know you plan to post the "What's New" panel on YouTube at no charge and I thank you for that. But please consider an online attendance option, where for a fee those of us unable to attend in person could view all the panels, both as a recorded and hopefully live feed. This has become more common at cons in the last few years and should be a relatively simple task, which would provide additional revenue.

It's just a thought. Here's another one. Take my money yet again, please ;-)

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:44 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

We wanted to offer a livestream of the panels, but the hotel wifi wasn't strong enough and we didn't have the team to support such an event. I'll talk to Steve about scheduling an online event where we can go over upcoming projects and answers questions that may come up.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:50 PM   #7
pmpappas

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We wanted to offer a livestream of the panels, but the hotel wifi wasn't strong enough and we didn't have the team to support such an event. I'll talk to Steve about scheduling an online event where we can go over upcoming projects and answers questions that may come up.
I'll jump to your second sentence first and say; "That was unexpected but would be awesome! Thanks.

As for your first sentence, wifi issues at a hotel? Surely not. ;-) LOL. There was a lot of chatter about that. It apparently even made uploading photos to FnordCon Unalive (Discord) difficult. But the good news, for lack of a better term, is that posting a recorded video of a panel is probably a better and easier option than live streaming. No need to babysit the stream or worry about dropouts and everyone including physical attendees get a second bite at the apple, should scheduling conflicts prevent them from watching live.

Regardless, I completely understand you can only do what makes some sort of ROI sense. More to the point, you don't have to do anything for those of use who can't attend in person, so everything you do in that regard is greatly appreciated! Yes, even when I gripe. ;-)

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote