Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #1371
Pomphis

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Even so I like the various half-spirit races, especially the elementally infused ones. Praise Him, Who Is Not Only A Line Editor, But An Author As Well.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #1372
Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
Even so I like the various half-spirit races, especially the elementally infused ones. Praise Him, Who Is Not Only A Line Editor, But An Author As Well.
Praise! Praise! Hailing!

Name Mane Mean Amen.

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 AM   #1373
Pomphis

More praise to Him, about Whom Ziresta reported this:

I think it's more likely just Kromm using an amazing power he's demonstrated in several e-mail exchanges with one of my players. He says something is in Characters that wasn't before -- three of us had looked once and not seen whatever it was the player asked about it -- and then he says it's there, and POOF!, it is!

Truly we are a church blessed by miracles beyond count.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #1374
bjork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Particularly when a new Dungeon Fantasy PDF is released, the buying of which is the sacred duty of the Faithful... even when we don't play Dungeon Fantasy nor have any intention of doing so. ;)
Amen to that!

RPG supplement addict - mistake them for literature...
bjork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #1375
KDLadage

The question is, 'How great is Kromm anyway?' which makes me wonder if these... posters ... have any idea as to the kind of skill-level one has to achieve in "writting" and "game design" to be accepted at the top role playing game company in America. If you have the vaguest clue as to how "talented" one has to be to lead the redesign of the greatest role playing game ever written. He has an doctorate in Particle Physics. He has rewritten and improved one of the most respected role playing games in existance. He has been given awards for over a dozen books for the GURPS system, and he is never, ever, sick at sea. So I ask you, when someone goes and writes a PM to a game designer who will listen without judgement, or asks a question on the forums in hopes of getting their game moving forward, or wants to understand the nuances of some obscure rule in the latter half of the Basic Set, who do you think they're writting to? You go ahead and read your Basic Set _people_ ... and you play your games, and with any luck you might even have a good time. But if you are looking for the man that many regard as the God of GURPS, he is living in Canada, working for the Texans, and he doesn't like other systems. You ask "how great is Kromm?" Let me tell you something: he is GURPS.

Edit: (with applogies to the script writers of the film MALICE)

Last edited by KDLadage; 02-27-2008 at 05:01 PM.
KDLadage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #1376
Witchking

Ok so I have a question that is a midge off topic. Are you guys claiming tax benefits for your little epiphany or might you be off meds? Just wondering? Also is Kromm claiming tax exempt status as his own non-profit religious enterprise?

Last edited by Witchking; 02-28-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Witchking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:50 AM   #1377
Anders

Very interesting questions. In Sweden, there is no tax-exempt status for being a religious institution. But Dr Kromm may well benefit from your suggestions...

Author of Winged Folk.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #1378
Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking
Ok so I have a question that is a midge off topic. Are you guys claiming tax benefits for your little epiphany or might you be off meds? Just wondering? Also is Kromm claiming tax exempt status as his own non-profit religious enterprise?
Your premise is false, slightly - we never had meds, primarily for not needing them. But no, we haven't claimed tax benefits. Even though it was an epiphany.

I'm not saying we shouldn't or can't, just that we haven't.

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #1379
Pomphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
- we never had meds, primarily for not needing them.
Which, BTW, is obviously thanks to Him extending His hands over us und protecting us from harm (and restoring SAN as needed).

Praise Him, The Victor Over Spam And Replenisher of SAN.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #1380
Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
Which, BTW, is obviously thanks to Him extending His hands over us und protecting us from harm (and restoring SAN as needed).

Praise Him, The Victor Over Spam And Replenisher of SAN.
Indeed! Name Mane Mean Amen. All Praise Kromm. All Hail Kromm.

Tags
kromm