Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #141
RedLeif508

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
That's kind of what I'm drifting toward for minis. I haven't had time to take up the project, but I found a cotton print with a hex grid. Some tie dye and some fabric paint and I'll have boards with big hexes. Machine-washable, to get any bad luck off of them.

Also, they make GiTD fabric paint.
Dwalend you're a very resourceful person. I like the way you think.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #142
Misplaced Buckeye

After seeing the response to the MI mapboards, has anyone thought about a 4 mapboard set, 1 green, 1 desert, 1 blue and maybe a lunar/mars look. Solid colors that we can use the terrain mods with. It seems like this might be a Ks by itself with stretch goals for neoprene mods that could be purchased later through W23? Same size for small actions not monster games ( at least as of yet)
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:06 PM   #143
Toltrin

I want a car shell that goes over my minivan that turns it into an OGRE Mark 5.
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #144
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
After seeing the response to the MI mapboards, has anyone thought about a 4 mapboard set, 1 green, 1 desert, 1 blue and maybe a lunar/mars look. Solid colors that we can use the terrain mods with. It seems like this might be a Ks by itself with stretch goals for neoprene mods that could be purchased later through W23? Same size for small actions not monster games ( at least as of yet)
Something similar to this discussion has been brought up before. IIRC, the basic comment against it was "I have a hard time justifying asking people to spend money for a single-color map." I'll have to see if I can find the discussion; it's in here somewhere.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #145
dwalend

Quote:
After seeing the response to the MI mapboards, has anyone thought about a 4 mapboard set, 1 green, 1 desert, 1 blue and maybe a lunar/mars look. Solid colors that we can use the terrain mods with.
I'd rather see SJGames' effort go into something else. I've printed single-color maps to my own satisfaction. I'd rather have maps that lead to interesting scenarios.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #146
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Something similar to this discussion has been brought up before. IIRC, the basic comment against it was "I have a hard time justifying asking people to spend money for a single-color map." I'll have to see if I can find the discussion; it's in here somewhere.
It was probably from Steve or Drew. I believe we did have that discussion at Origins. Actually I can get it already from a a different source which I made Phil aware of.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #147
ColBosch

Yeah, I agree. There are lots of options for plain maps out there.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #148
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
It was probably from Steve or Drew. I believe we did have that discussion at Origins. Actually I can get it already from a a different source which I made Phil aware of.
found it:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...42#post1968242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson
Or a completely grasslands, or completely badlands, map, that would have only those features that you supply by overlay? That is ultimately flexible, but I don't know if I want to charge you $20 for a green piece of cardboard, even if it's very high quality cardboard of a beautiful green.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #149
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
A complete set of OGRE unit Record Cards like are included in 6th edition, the Paneuro colored ones. We need Combine Red also! That was a bit of a disappointment all that were in the box were for the Peans.
Ok...looks like this is why you want to buy OGRE MINIATURES 2nd Edition! See what they did there? ;)

Something that may serve to launch the OGRE IP into the more mainstream game community would be to work out a deal and have a RISK: OGRE sort of game. RISK 2210AD https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1829/risk-2210-d is the best example I can find. Imagine this was a OGRE game on a strategic level with maybe three different eras, early, mid and late Last War, with The NIGHTFALL and Factory States as well. Imagine those game pieces being OGRE pieces like OGREs and AI Factories...

Out there in the wild, having OGRE as a RISK game may actually catch the eye of many potential new OGRE players that would get them into the OGREverse in a way not otherwise possible.
More importantly it would present the OGREverse in a way and of a magnitude never done before. Strategic level OGRE would have all the history timeline stuff from OGRE MINIATURES for example while also having a global map of unfolding events that could be played through. It would be like some thrilling OGRE movie you could watch and get immersed in the radioactive fallout of the Last War on a scale never done before. So many cool possibilities with OGRE in a game format like RISK.

If I had more time I would bash something together as a demo to illustrate the concept better, but for now, this serves as a good starting point to kick the idea around...
Old 07-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #150
zeruslord

As someone who got into OGRE with 6e rather than the Designer's Edition, I'd like a chance to get the additional maps from the Designer's Edition to go with the Reinforcements pieces.
zeruslord is offline   Reply With Quote