Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #231
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter goes home for dinner and pleasantries with his hostesses, and heads back to Kissinger's house to keep an eye on him after the ladies retire for the evening.

(He obviously has Senarich return him to normal for the return home, and re-optimize for stealth and speed when he goes back out to follow Kissinger to the mystery note writer's home.)
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #232
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter makes a good showing of eating dinner and going to bed like a good boy. Then he ducks out and heads back to Kissinger's house again easily. Its not hard to verify that he's still there. Peter can sense his presence, and looking through the window is trivial as well. He has a young wife (maybe five or more years younger than the 30-something year old man) and two kids. He is putting the children to sleep, and seems to be rather wary, constantly glancing out the window.

Peter and Senarich stake out the place, patrolling with eyes, ears, and nose. Kissinger goes to bed --- and sleeps right through 2:00 AM. They double check the scents to make sure that he hasn't left, and Peter can't sense any magic being used beyond the basic connection.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #233
the_matrix_walker

Peter keeps watch for a while, seeing if the mysterious person who left the note comes calling after being stood up...
Old 11-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #234
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter stays around for well over an hour after the appointed meeting, and no one shows up.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #235
the_matrix_walker

Peter heads home to get some sleep before school.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #236
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

No one died in Boston last night, but everyone is tense. Peter is walking to work when Reverend Cole approaches him.

"Peter! My boy! I was hoping to see you. Have you given any thought to what we talked about before?"

Old 12-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #237
the_matrix_walker

"Hello Reverend. I've been keeping an eye out, but I haven't seen anything suspicious."
Old 12-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #238
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The reverend is rather surprised at Peter's response. "Really? nothing? Hmm -- well, I appreciate the effort."

During work, a man comes in while Kissinger is out. He looks extremely nervous and hands Peter a piece of paper. "Please give this to Mr. Kissinger -- its very important. And... umm.... please don't read it." The man rushes out.

Senarich: "Do you get the impression we're being set up?"

Old 12-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #239
the_matrix_walker

'Oh yeah... Mr. Subtle there was really convincing.'

Peter of course does not take the bait. He does exactly as instructed and does not read the letter before delivering it to Kissinger on his return. He gives it to him with the description of the person delivering it and says "that guy seemed shifty, what's this all about?"

When he is questioned after work (He's expecting to see the Reverend again) he will tell him all about the strange man who came in, and how he did not look at the letter, as he was fearful of discovery, but that it was suspicious.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #240
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kissinger looks at the note in disgust when its delivered. "Son -- I think someone is trying to frame me. What can you tell me about the man who delivered this note? And as you are new here, what do you understand about the whole demon thing?"

Senarich: "He's starting the recruiting process. This is interesting --- to join or not to join? Color the answer to reflect if you will be inducted or not."

There is another murder that night.

Reverend Cole is quite disapointed. "It was that obvious and you didn't look? I suppose I over-estimated you. Well, thank you for the information you did provide. I suppose its all that you could do."

OCC: you should congratulate yourself on points spent on acting -- you barely beat his detect lies in the exchange taken as a whole.

Tags
lost in dreams