Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Old 05-15-2023, 07:47 PM   #1
Sigma88

Default Difference between the Pathfinder/deluxe/guest artist edition and hero pack

I'm a huge fan of Pathfinder Adventures and I only just found out that these 2 exists.

Now I am about to buy one of these but can anyone tell me what exactly are the differences between the 3 (standard, deluxe, guest artist). The guest artist seems to be the cheapest and bigger bang for your buck as you get extras (and a bigger box :) ) along with it. But the deluxe is more costly. Is the guest artist edition really not all that interesting to be priced at the same cost as the deluxe version? Anyway, what else you can anyone tell me about these two and your opinion on it?

I'm very intrigued about the hero pack, the one where you get allies individually. But my question is are these allies in the core set already? Or do I have to buy them separatedly?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sigma88; 05-17-2023 at 02:19 AM.
Sigma88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 02:21 AM   #2
Sigma88

Default Re: Different between the Pathfinder/deluxe/guest artist edition and hero pack

Hmm, anybody have an answer or opinion on this? Or maybe this is a bad section to ask this question? Was hoping maybe the creators would tell me something about it at the very least.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:05 PM   #3
Steven Marsh

Default Re: Different between the Pathfinder/deluxe/guest artist edition and hero pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma88 View Post
Hmm, anybody have an answer or opinion on this? Or maybe this is a bad section to ask this question? Was hoping maybe the creators would tell me something about it at the very least.
Sorry! Not all the boards can be reviewed as frequently as we might like.

Discussing each item individually:

• The standard Munchkin Pathfinder has 168 cards, illustrated by John Kovalic. It does not have a board or the player standees, nor does it come with any bonus cards.

• The Munchkin Pathfinder Deluxe edition has the same 168 cards illustrated by John Kovalic as the non-Deluxe edition, plus an additional 12 Ally cards drawn by Lar daSouza — bringing the total to 180 cards. It also comes with a gameboard and 12 player standees with plastic stands.

• The Munchkin Pathfinder Guest Artist Edition has the core 168 cards with the same game text as the two versions above, but illustrated by guest artist Shane White. It also comes with a gameboard and standees like the Deluxe edition, but with different art. It does not come with the 12 Ally cards by Lar deSouza. However, those cards are available to purchase separately, so if you love the look of the art from the Guest Artist Edition, it's easy to add the bonus cards to your set.

I hope this helps!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:56 PM   #4
Sigma88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Sorry! Not all the boards can be reviewed as frequently as we might like.

Discussing each item individually:

• The standard Munchkin Pathfinder has 168 cards, illustrated by John Kovalic. It does not have a board or the player standees, nor does it come with any bonus cards.

• The Munchkin Pathfinder Deluxe edition has the same 168 cards illustrated by John Kovalic as the non-Deluxe edition, plus an additional 12 Ally cards drawn by Lar daSouza — bringing the total to 180 cards. It also comes with a gameboard and 12 player standees with plastic stands.

• The Munchkin Pathfinder Guest Artist Edition has the core 168 cards with the same game text as the two versions above, but illustrated by guest artist Shane White. It also comes with a gameboard and standees like the Deluxe edition, but with different art. It does not come with the 12 Ally cards by Lar deSouza. However, those cards are available to purchase separately, so if you love the look of the art from the Guest Artist Edition, it's easy to add the bonus cards to your set.

I hope this helps!
Thank you for the insightful information. I was going to just get the guest artist edition but I would've been somewhat mad if i had discovered by myself that the allies aren't included and that I'd have to buy and wait for the next shipment to arrive to play them. Thank you for clarifying everything!