Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #31
David Johnston2

Default Re: The World of Dreams

A rather disturbing island that contains an eldritch horror that infects people with the ability to "warp reality" Examples are:

A rock and roll guitarist whose music liquefies the land around around him and causes solid tentacles to erupt out of the resulting morass and thrash around.

Two academic sorts, one male and one female who delight in warping the bodies of those who stumble into their warren of offices, experimenting in search of improvements without concern for cosmetic effects.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #32
panton41

A neverending library with rows upon rows of shelves covered in books of every topic imaginable (but somehow the White Wolf RPGs stand out).

Maze-like rows full of tables covered in flea-market like goods. Also cabinets, closets, drawers and shelves full of random items. (I actually had flashbacks to those dreams when entering a waking-world flea market once.)

Being chased by Pennywise the Dancing Clown.

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #33
crretin

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Mentally or with shackles and chains?
mind control
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 AM   #34
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaran_skye View Post
A neverending library with rows upon rows of shelves covered in books of every topic imaginable (but somehow the White Wolf RPGs stand out).

Maze-like rows full of tables covered in flea-market like goods. Also cabinets, closets, drawers and shelves full of random items. (I actually had flashbacks to those dreams when entering a waking-world flea market once.)
I think that many collectors have such dreams. I always want to go back to them after I wake, even if they have nightmare components.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 AM   #35
panton41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
I think that many collectors have such dreams. I always want to go back to them after I wake, even if they have nightmare components.
Oddly I don't collect that much these days outside of digital files but I have 4TB of hard drive for a reason. Though after one of those dreams I started getting back into World of Darkness games.

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #36
David Johnston2

A military unit that razes towns and villages under the command of the Tiny General, a homunculus in uniform under a foot tall that rides on the shoulder of its second-in-command. I have the impression that it is in charge because it can mentally communicate with the high command.

A shanty-town filled with Chinese people.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #37
David Johnston2

A gigantic valley much deeper than the Grande Canyon that has people at the top of at least one side who throw rocks at anything that climbs or flies up. At the bottom are a squat fur covered species of bipeds.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 02-03-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:41 AM   #38
Anders

A world where house cats are as large as tigers and they are undisputed masters of the mouse-sized humans. And if ever a thousand cats visit that dream world at one time we're in big trouble.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #39
Johnny1A.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1A.2 View Post
Once, as a boy, I dreamed that a massive volcanic eruption had devastated my hometown (I grew up in Illinois, not a major current day volcanic area), and I was scrambling to survive and get away from the blast zone. The dream was initially strangely 'mundane' in a way, though. I was a nerdy kid and had read up a lot about the effects of eruptions, they were all there, or my idea of them, fields of scoria, liquid lava flows, scorched land and leveled forests (my dream volcano had pyroclastic effects and large liquid lava flows, it was a dream, not a geology text).

What woke me up shaking was when I saw the demon swimming in the lava flow...
As I think about this old dream, it suddenly occurs to me that the demon sort of fits, because it would account for a sudden volcanic cataclysm in the Illinois region in the first place, a demonic power that punched a hole through the mid-plate crust to get out...
Johnny1A.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #40
Tyneras

Otherwise normal animals that speak only to accuse you of terrible crimes and transgressions, and you are compelled to believe them no matter how impossible.
Tyneras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream