Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2021, 07:07 PM   #1701
Not another shrubbery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
As the last two posts indicate, I'll be diving into Dr. Strange's corner of the Reboot universe next. I've got the usual suspects lined up: Dr. Strange, Ancient One, Dormammu, Umar, Clea, Nightmare, Kaluu, Mephisto, Mordo, Topaz, and Wong, as well as Black Talon, Brother Voodoo, Jennifer Kale, D'Spayre, Dakimh, and the Man-Thing. Ideas for who else to toss into the mix?
No other allies leap to mind, but a couple of enemies that you might include are the Mindless Ones and Dracula.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:23 AM   #1702
sgtcallistan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chatham, Kent, England
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

From where Doctor Strange and Dracula (Marvel) cross over, there's Satana, Vanessa Van Helsing, the original Blade, Varney, Lillith, a wheel-chair using vampire hunter who's name escapes me now, and the extra-dimensional Atlantean-spell-summoned vampire creatures whose influence causes Marvel vampires (in at least one background).

Plus from where he crosses over with the X-Men, Margali of the Winding Road, her daughter Jimaine Szardos (spelling?) and possibly Amanda Sefton, once girlfriend to Kurt Wagner, Nightcrawler.
Not to mention the New Mutants: Strange is tangentially connected to Danielle Moonstar, Kitty Pryde and Illyana Rasputin for their varying connections with the mystical.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #1703
Phantasm
 
Phantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the road again...
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcallistan View Post
From where Doctor Strange and Dracula (Marvel) cross over, there's Satana, Vanessa Van Helsing, the original Blade, Varney, Lillith, a wheel-chair using vampire hunter who's name escapes me now, and the extra-dimensional Atlantean-spell-summoned vampire creatures whose influence causes Marvel vampires (in at least one background).

Plus from where he crosses over with the X-Men, Margali of the Winding Road, her daughter Jimaine Szardos (spelling?) and possibly Amanda Sefton, once girlfriend to Kurt Wagner, Nightcrawler.
Not to mention the New Mutants: Strange is tangentially connected to Danielle Moonstar, Kitty Pryde and Illyana Rasputin for their varying connections with the mystical.
I've got most of those slotted for other casts/titles. Rachel van Helsing (where'd you get "Vanessa?), Blade, Dracula's daughter Lilith, and maybe Quincey Harker (the guy in the wheelchair, son of Jonathan and Mina Harker, at least in the '70s when first introduced) will end up in a Dracula-centric cast listing. Satana will show up in her brother's title/cast listing (eventually). Illyana, Kitty, and maybe Jimaine Szardos/Amanda Sefton (she was born Jimaine and took the name Amanda later after moving to the States) and her mother Margali Szardos are slated for Year Two of the X-cast.

And Dani Moonstar is slated for a Valkyries-centric cast. :grin:

All good thoughts, though, but I'm looking more for Strange-centric rather than crossover.
__________________
"Life ... is an Oreo cookie." - J'onn J'onzz, 1991

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-M and N-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-21-2021 at 06:27 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #1704
Otaku
 
Otaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Dakota, USA
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Pardon me if I've just forgotten them in another entry but...

...what about the Dire Wraiths? Their origins are an... interesting mix of sci-fi and magic. Though I know Hasbro owns the term, everything else about them belongs to Marvel. Which is why I worry you already mentioned them under a different name which I've forgotten. XP
__________________
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, and one issue of Pyramid (3/83), most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #1705
Phantasm
 
Phantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the road again...
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Pardon me if I've just forgotten them in another entry but...

...what about the Dire Wraiths? Their origins are an... interesting mix of sci-fi and magic. Though I know Hasbro owns the term, everything else about them belongs to Marvel. Which is why I worry you already mentioned them under a different name which I've forgotten. XP
Preeeetty sure that Marvel owns everything from Rom's title except for the title character himself. As it is, I have the Spaceknights statted out, but I haven't decided yet whether their enemy are the Dire Wraiths. If they are, they're a Year Two threat. (Not everything needs to show up in Year One, after all.)
__________________
"Life ... is an Oreo cookie." - J'onn J'onzz, 1991

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-M and N-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 06:02 AM   #1706
sgtcallistan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chatham, Kent, England
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I've got most of those slotted for other casts/titles. Rachel van Helsing (where'd you get "Vanessa?), Blade, Dracula's daughter Lilith, and maybe Quincey Harker (the guy in the wheelchair, son of Jonathan and Mina Harker, at least in the '70s when first introduced) will end up in a Dracula-centric cast listing. Satana will show up in her brother's title/cast listing (eventually). Illyana, Kitty, and maybe Jimaine Szardos/Amanda Sefton (she was born Jimaine and took the name Amanda later after moving to the States) and her mother Margali Szardos are slated for Year Two of the X-cast.

And Dani Moonstar is slated for a Valyries-centric cast. :grin:

All good thoughts, though, but I'm looking more for Strange-centric rather than crossover.
That was a rush of blood to the head post; Vanessa?
Love the Moonstar - Valkyries link, as it's so much the 1980s complex characters thing for me.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #1707
Not another shrubbery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
No other allies leap to mind, but a couple of enemies that you might include are the Mindless Ones and Dracula.
Oh! And Shuma-Gorath (who you might be able to skip writing up).
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #1708
Otaku
 
Otaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Dakota, USA
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Preeeetty sure that Marvel owns everything from Rom's title except for the title character himself. As it is, I have the Spaceknights statted out, but I haven't decided yet whether their enemy are the Dire Wraiths. If they are, they're a Year Two threat. (Not everything needs to show up in Year One, after all.)
Not according to Wikipedia. Of course, this could be an error or an intentional bit of trolling, but that source claims that Parker Brothers invented (and owns) the name "Dire Wraiths". It is just everything else about them [the Dire Wraiths] is owned by Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Oh! And Shuma-Gorath (who you might be able to skip writing up).
My bad: I thought Phantasm had already named that one! As a Capcom fanboy, I just assumed Shuma-Goroth was a given. I mean, I only know him from the Capcom fighting games in which he's appeared (before Doctor Strange, even!). I don't think I ever read a comic with him. XD
__________________
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, and one issue of Pyramid (3/83), most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:00 AM   #1709
Boge
 
Boge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Darkhawk was always a favorite of mine. I see he's not in here. They're rebooting Darkhawk with a new character. I don't know what the differences will be between them, but I'd be curious to see what kind of stats you'd build for him.
Boge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:47 AM   #1710
David Johnston2
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I've got most of those slotted for other casts/titles. Rachel van Helsing (where'd you get "Vanessa?), Blade, Dracula's daughter Lilith, and maybe Quincey Harker (the guy in the wheelchair, son of Jonathan and Mina Harker, at least in the '70s when first introduced) will end up in a Dracula-centric cast listing. Satana will show up in her brother's title/cast listing (eventually). Illyana, Kitty, and maybe Jimaine Szardos/Amanda Sefton (she was born Jimaine and took the name Amanda later after moving to the States) and her mother Margali Szardos are slated for Year Two of the X-cast.

And Dani Moonstar is slated for a Valkyries-centric cast. :grin:

All good thoughts, though, but I'm looking more for Strange-centric rather than crossover.
You got Werewolf By Night right? I mean Topaz was created to be Jack's love interest/plot device. My personal favourite Doctor Strange foe was the Dweller In Darkness.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.