Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #51
Wavefunction

Default Re: The Anti-Super Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
This would be an interesting alternative Monster Hunters game. I would look at the templates there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Yes, yes, yes! I'm already mentally working on my proposal for that supplement.

That's exactly how you'd do GURPS The Reckoners: It's simply MH where the monsters are supers ("Epics").
That is a really cool idea.
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #52
Phantasm

I had a similar idea for a police unit/task force charged with taking down superhuman criminals - SWAT:ASVTF (Anti-Super-Villain Task Force), but I could never get the details correct. This would have been in the same angle as DC's Metropolis SCU (Special Crimes Unit) and Marvel's Code:Blue (a special NYPD unit, generally seen in the Thor comics of the '90s).

This thread's given me some inspiration. I might make a GURPSDay post on my blog about it.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #53
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Isn't The Boys about a government black-ops team that assassinates supers?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #54
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I had a similar idea for a police unit/task force charged with taking down superhuman criminals - SWAT:ASVTF (Anti-Super-Villain Task Force), but I could never get the details correct. This would have been in the same angle as DC's Metropolis SCU (Special Crimes Unit) and Marvel's Code:Blue (a special NYPD unit, generally seen in the Thor comics of the '90s).

This thread's given me some inspiration. I might make a GURPSDay post on my blog about it.
I had a police squad like that, the ECTF. The named members of it were:

Angel and H.A.L.O. H.A.L.O. was a repurposed suit of military powered armour designed to be dropped out of an aircraft. Angel was the callsign of the helicopter that dropped H.A.L.O.

Leon was a sniper with an anti-materiel rifle.

Tom, "Peeping Tom" Alsopp was a telepath who could confirm or deny claims of mind control and detect and oppose mentalists.

Lucille "Luce" Cannon an Action-style cop.

Marilyn X, A bioroid made in Marilyn Monroe's image.

Nicholas Vryolakas, a friendly neighborhood vampire.

Luce had a male partner but I can't remember his name because it wasn't a play on words.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 10-17-2016 at 07:25 PM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #55
(E)

I ran a one off game with a similar concept, the opponent that the PCs had to take down was basically Batman with enough details changed to make it non obvious. The players did their research and came to some rather erroneous ideas about the power level of who they where facing. They decided to get permission to kill their target instead of going for a capture. "Bruce wayne" got hit by a thrice blessed cold iron/depleted uranium .50 caliber bullet while opening a hospital. Then things got really messy
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #56
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
I ran a one off game with a similar concept, the opponent that the PCs had to take down was basically Batman with enough details changed to make it non obvious. The players did their research and came to some rather erroneous ideas about the power level of who they where facing. They decided to get permission to kill their target instead of going for a capture. "Bruce wayne" got hit by a thrice blessed cold iron/depleted uranium .50 caliber bullet while opening a hospital. Then things got really messy
What happened?
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #57
(E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
What happened?
When the PCs failed to see a supernatural death scene (no cloud of brimstone, demonic portal etc) they assumed that their super powered target was still alive and just pretending to have a gapping wound in his chest (they had missed the vitals shot by 1 so that meant a torso hit).

They launch plan B. Tear gas, crucifixes and tricked out assault rifles.

The police and various other law enforcement agencies at the scene see things differently. They see assassins and terrorists attacking a multimillionaire philanthropist (who is surrounded by the great and the good) and a hospital.

Mean while the Robin equivalent has been on the trail of the PCs. Combined with the tear gas and erupting chaos of the scene they get the wrong idea about who this individual is (the swapped cowl trope was involved).

The PCs lose their escape vehical (which had fake evidence to cover up who and why the multimillionaire was assassinated) and end up in a motor cycle show room. 2 PCs escape, one end up in hospital and the fourth critically failed a tricky motorcycle jump, at speed.

Last edited by (E); 10-17-2016 at 07:18 PM.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #58
Culture20

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
critically failed a tricky motorcycle jump, at speed.
"Cops still argue to this day why Danson and Highsmith jumped. Maybe it was just pride, having survived so many brushes with death. Maybe their egoes pushed them off. I don't know. But that **** was crazy."
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers