Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
AlexanderHowl

Default Ultimate Attacks [Powers]

I was curious if anyone was willing to share their designs for ultimate attacks. I will share one of mine:

Agonizing Death (+20%): Burning Attack 15d (Backlash, Agony, -100%; Costs FP, 10 FP, -50%; Costs HP, 10 HP, -100%; Cyclic, 10 second cycle, 3 cycles, Treated by Esoteric Medicine, +100%; Malediction 3, +200%; No Signature, +20%; Onset, 1 hour, -20%; Take Recharge, 1 hour, -30%) [90].

Agonizing Death is an attack that deals phenomenal damage to the very essence of an entity. While its user pays a fearsome price, anyone who fails to resist its effects will likely be annihilated, as they will suffer a total of 45d of burning damage that bypasses DR. As a special effect, any object reduced to -(HP×10) or lower is utterly annihilated, as their essence is completely consumed.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: Ultimate Attacks [Powers]

Check out Enraged Eggplant's various Death Spells (https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com...ell-index.html).
Old 09-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
awesomenessofme1

Here's a bit of a weirder one:

Ice Field: Temperature Control 25 (Area Effect 2, +100%, Reduced Time 1, +20%, Cold, -50%, Emanation, -20%) [188] + a whole lot of Temperature Tolerance (Is there a way to just be immune to the effects of cold? Would almost certainly be cheaper)

Ice Field allows you to drop the temperature in an 8-yd radius around yourself by 100° per second, up to a total of -500°. It's worth noting that this allows you to reach absolute zero in temperatures as warm as 40°F.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
Ice Field: Temperature Control 25 (Area Effect 2, +100%, Reduced Time 1, +20%, Cold, -50%, Emanation, -20%) [188] + a whole lot of Temperature Tolerance (Is there a way to just be immune to the effects of cold? Would almost certainly be cheaper)
It's not official, but I would place Immunity to Temperature at 10 or 15 points.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #5
zoncxs

Flash Freeze
level 20

A burst of frost that freezes everyone within its area of effect (8 yards radius) Treat FP lost to failed attempts to break free as freezing, but the victim doesn’t become helplessly entangled on 17-18. This trade-off is a special effect.

Statistics: Binding (Engulfing, +60%; Emanation, -20%; Area Effect, +150% Sorcery, -15%) [5.5/level]
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
awesomenessofme1

I think this is a good idea for a thread, so I'm going to give it a bump.

Kiss of Death
Toxic Attack 10d (No Signature, +20%, Symptom (Unconsciousness, 2/3 HP), +200%, Variable, +5%, Accessibility (Kiss), -10%, All-Out, -25%, Contact Agent, -30%, Melee Attack (C, cannot parry), -35%) [90]

Kiss of Death is a difficult and dangerous ability to use. It requires its user to get in close to their target and kiss their unprotected lips. However, it is devastatingly effective. At full strength, it inflicts massive damage that will likely kill, but even if it doesn't, it will leave its victim in a coma for weeks or months.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #7
AlexanderHowl

Eyes of Night: Obscure 10 (Vision; Area Effect, 4 yards, +50%; Defensive, +50%; Emanation, -20%; Extended (Total), +100%; Link, +10%) [58] plus Fatigue Attack 4d (Area Effect, 4 yards, +100%; Emanation, -20%; Hazard, Freezing, +20%; Link, +10%; Selective Area, +20%) [92]. Notes: The practitioner's eyes go completely black and then suck all of the light and heat into them.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote