Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #61
Talosian
 
Talosian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
As it is slipped on the Gauntlet not only changes, without actually seeming to change, back to being left-handed, but also seems to shift size slightly so that it will fit perfectly.

The Gauntlet feels odd to wear, like it isn't actually there at all. Touching the metalwork does indeed, as the notes suggested, leave the hand inside with the impression that it was being touched instead. There's also a feeling though of a warm desert breeze blowing across that hand; it's a constant breeze, unaffected by anything around it.
Quote:
"One of the reasons that I'm pointing Guy out to you is that he seems to be a major player in the cult," Ben explains. "I don't know how big, but he was definitely early on in their recruiting, possibly one of the first. He's definitely a lead that is worth following up."
Seann stops playing with the Gauntlet for a moment, "Well, he seems to have noticed us." After a few more seconds of fiddling with the Gauntlet he pulls it off and offers it around the table.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #62
ErhnamDJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OK
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
After a few more seconds of fiddling with the Gauntlet he pulls it off and offers it around the table.
Douglas picks it up. "What does this thing do?" He slips it onto his left hand.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #63
Talosian
 
Talosian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Douglas picks it up. "What does this thing do?" He slips it onto his left hand.
Seann slides the papers away from Indigo and reads them more thoroughly. "All sorts of stuff... Try making a circle with your fingers and looking through."
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #64
ErhnamDJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OK
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Try making a circle with your fingers and looking through."
Douglas holds up his hand, making the 'Okay' gesture, and looks through his fingers.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #65
Totem
 
Totem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Western Harbour
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Douglas holds up his hand, making the 'Okay' gesture, and looks through his fingers.
The gap that Douglas is looking through is tinted faintly blue. He can still see the cafe through it, but there are semi-transparent figures following every movement like echos in the air.

His hand is chilly inside the Gauntlet, as if it was caught in the middle of a blizzard. There is a rhythmic warm breeze blowing across the back of his hand though. As if something was breathing on it.
__________________
"John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting."
Totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #66
Totem
 
Totem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Western Harbour
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
The gap that Douglas is looking through is tinted faintly blue. He can still see the cafe through it, but there are semi-transparent figures following every movement like echos in the air.

His hand is chilly inside the Gauntlet, as if it was caught in the middle of a blizzard. There is a rhythmic warm breeze blowing across the back of his hand though. As if something was breathing on it.
The feeling of warm breath becomes heavier, and then stops and becomes a distinct feeling of Douglas' hand being sniffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Seann stops playing with the Gauntlet for a moment, "Well, he seems to have noticed us."
"Yeah, I was afraid of that," Ben admits, casting a sideways glance at Mark. "We'll just have to make the best of it that we can." His gaze drifts off into the distance more a moment before returning. "Okay, they're due to leave any minute now. You," he indicates Mark, "the toliets are over there; go and get into some civvies." He considers everyone else. "If you're in then now is about the point to make your decision. I can't force you to remain, but... Trust me, you'll be doing a lot of people a favour if you go through with this, including yourselves.

"If you do stay then I can give you this much to work with." He pulls a document wallet from his bag and displays the contents. "Cash, about $4000. You should be able to live on that for a while without too much trouble. Map of Longhampton, two of; keep these handy because some of the streets around here are a maze. Reservation at a hotel just up the road; not the classiest place, and they only had four rooms available, but it should do. You're booked in there for a week at the moment. Mobile phone; it's on the Universal Roaming network, my office number is in the address book. If you need help, give me a call, if I can't answer it someone else will.

"Beyond that I can sumarise your options: firstly, you need information about demons in this universe; Father Arad is your best bet for that, and his address and so forth are in here," he tapped the document wallet. "Secondly, you need to actually find out what is going on with the cult and deal with them, or at least get enough information that I can call in the marines for a surgical strike. I'd suggest that your third option at this point is to track down whatever the cult is using as a base, because that will have information about demons, the cult, and similar."

Ben sits back and packs a couple of bits that he is taking with him into his bag. "It's your choice. If you have any final questions, now would be a good time for them."
__________________
"John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting."
Totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #67
Dorin Thorha
 
Dorin Thorha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Indi reaches for the gauntlet and slides it out of sight, trying not to be conspicuous.

[ooc] Filch-11 3d6=6 Success by 5. His main concern is to hide it from whats-his-name over at the other table, though he'd also like to have a try at wearing it himself. He will put it on his hand while keeping it under the table.
__________________
<><
Dorin Thorha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #68
ErhnamDJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OK
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
The feeling of warm breath becomes heavier, and then stops and becomes a distinct feeling of Douglas' hand being sniffed.
Douglas pulls off the gauntlet and drops it on the table. He frowns, then shakes his head. He doesn't like the thing.

Quote:
Ben sits back and packs a couple of bits that he is taking with him into his bag. "It's your choice. If you have any final questions, now would be a good time for them."
Douglas says: "One question: is there some reason I don't follow him outside and have a little chat," he pats his jacket over where his revolver sits, "and get us some information. At the very least, it might draw out some of the higher ups. Eventually someone that knows something would have to show up. Besides, if you're the big-shot you're leading us to believe you are, they," he nods at the man at the booth, "are already well aware that you're here. And if they're not, then they will be once buddy boy over there goes and tells his story. So I'm not seeing much reason to keep from getting started right now."
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #69
KS Pathfinder
 
KS Pathfinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Worcester, UK
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
"Okay, they're due to leave any minute now. You," he indicates Mark, "the toliets are over there; go and get into some civvies." He considers everyone else. "If you're in then now is about the point to make your decision. I can't force you to remain, but... Trust me, you'll be doing a lot of people a favour if you go through with this, including yourselves."
Mark-315<Aloud>: “Understood.”

Mark-315 nods and in one smooth motion gets up, taking his large drawstring bag with him, and casually heads towards the toilets, Serena’s holographic self disappearing into thin air.

Mark-315 reappears out of the toilets in a relatively short amount of time, his large drawstring bag looking heavier than before, and sits back down at his original place at the table, still wearing his sunglasses, but now looking far less conspicuous.

Underneath his large grey/brown overcoat Mark-315 is still wearing his black body-suit, but it’s covered by a pair of worn blue denim jeans, belt, black fingerless leather gloves, and steel toe capped boots. But ever present is Mark-315’s Sentinel-IV silver/grey modular torso armour, which houses Serena herself, which is acceptably concealed by his overcoat.
KS Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #70
Totem
 
Totem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Western Harbour
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Douglas pulls off the gauntlet and drops it on the table. He frowns, then shakes his head. He doesn't like the thing.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
Indi reaches for the gauntlet and slides it out of sight, trying not to be conspicuous.

[ooc] Filch-11 3d6=6 Success by 5. His main concern is to hide it from whats-his-name over at the other table, though he'd also like to have a try at wearing it himself. He will put it on his hand while keeping it under the table.
[OOC: I'm presuming that these were meant to happen this way around]

The Gauntlet resizes itself once again, fitting Indi perfectly. There's nothing immediately odd about the feeling of it aside from a feeling of space; it's hard to define, but there is a definite sensation of openness, akin to being in a large cavern (or the main chamber in an ancient temple).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Douglas says: "One question: is there some reason I don't follow him outside and have a little chat," he pats his jacket over where his revolver sits, "and get us some information. At the very least, it might draw out some of the higher ups. Eventually someone that knows something would have to show up. Besides, if you're the big-shot you're leading us to believe you are, they," he nods at the man at the booth, "are already well aware that you're here. And if they're not, then they will be once buddy boy over there goes and tells his story. So I'm not seeing much reason to keep from getting started right now."
Ben considers this for a moment. "To answer your questions... I don't think that they know that I'm here. Then again Chu'dam might have been keeping an eye out for me. But I'm the only one here; until you arrived this world was strictly a one-man operation. So it's possible that Chu'dam didn't know that I was here until now; we didn't notice his arrival until a few days ago, and he'd been here six months by then.

"As for going and talking to Guy... I'm leaving this in your collective hands; if you want to go and ask him some questions then feel free to do so. As I mentioned Chu'dam can't enhance his followers physically, so he wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight. But I'd recommend two things here: find out more about Chu'dam and demons in general before doing anything rash; and consider the setting of this encounter.

"None of you have any official standing in this world; I haven't even been able to put together a driving license or any other proof of identity for any of you. The police can't look you up, but likewise the fact that they can't is going to be very awkward if you get into trouble. Someone might get suspicious, things might happen..." He sighed wearily. "Go with what you think is best. I just ask that you don't get each other into trouble that you aren't all willing to deal with.

"Anything else?"

[OOC: everyone effectively has the Zeroed advantage, but with the disadvantage attached that this isn't your world to begin with so you have only the starting resources that you carried with you (I'm counting it as 0-points for a plot related advantage)]
__________________
"John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting."
Totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.