Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #521
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
"Kill her. Kill her and dismember the body, lad!"

"EAT THE BABY!"

"Is it Thursday yet?"
What's going to happen if Michael decides to listen into the commentary? I wonder....

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #522
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What's going to happen if Michael decides to listen into the commentary? I wonder....
It's always possible that he could. Normal GURPS rules would require a roll for Michael to be listening in on that, in which case we have to assume that Michael is listening in on everyone on principle. There's a modified variant of the rules in one game that I was debating running where all telepaths have Mind Reading (Surface thoughts only, area affect, emanation, always on/ skill roll to turn off); with that Michael would definitely have overheard the voices, or at least heard Jacob hearing them.

Just a slight concern: these voices are from Phantom Voices (Annoying). What are we going to be dealing with if Jacob gets upgraded to Phantom Voices (Diabolical)?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #523
Lamech

Well the key features of annoying voices is that they aren't scary enough to cause fright checks, and they are known to be fake. What they say otherwise isn't as big a deal...
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #524
rorikdude12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
It's always possible that he could. Normal GURPS rules would require a roll for Michael to be listening in on that, in which case we have to assume that Michael is listening in on everyone on principle. There's a modified variant of the rules in one game that I was debating running where all telepaths have Mind Reading (Surface thoughts only, area affect, emanation, always on/ skill roll to turn off); with that Michael would definitely have overheard the voices, or at least heard Jacob hearing them.

Just a slight concern: these voices are from Phantom Voices (Annoying). What are we going to be dealing with if Jacob gets upgraded to Phantom Voices (Diabolical)?
Then they would be more subtle, and he would act on them by more than just wincing. He'd probably ditch "Pacifism: Cannot Harm Innocents" as well. They would try to reason with him into killing things for "convenience" and "safety" rather than just shouting at him.
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #525
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Do we have a result on whether or not we can sell iron ore or refined Iron on the side? If so I think we should go for one of the merchants with skill 15, if only to show the barons that we're serious.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #526
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Do we have a result on whether or not we can sell iron ore or refined Iron on the side? If so I think we should go for one of the merchants with skill 15, if only to show the barons that we're serious.
You can sell stuff on the side. Depending on how you go about it this may become significant to events. I'll move onto the next scene tomorrow; it's been a busy kind of week, and it'll be a busy evening so I can't kick it off now. We can sort out the stuff with the merchants in the background.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #527
momothefiddler

Jorin doesn't have any armor, so it's just the staff.
Staff 18 +1 (Balanced) +1 (Weapon Bond) = 20 total
Parry = 20/2 +3 +2(staff bonus) +1(combat reflexes) = 16 total

Do I have any reason to believe these are particularly skilled opponents? If so, I might go for a point or two of Shield. If not, probably Armor.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #528
rorikdude12

Jacob's armor, Personal Shield Bracer, and his Void Blade will be brought to the fight. He'll use the group cash to purchase a wooden sword from a vendor or passerby or something off-screen.
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #529
momothefiddler

If the skills are that variable, I'll cast a 2-point Shield on myself as well, bringing my parry up to 18 and my dodge to 11.

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #530
momothefiddler

"Lethal blows are not permitted for the fight" - Who exactly is ruling on lethal blows? Is anything else restricted? I'm worried that I possibly just destroyed this young man's knee permanently.

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire