Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #341
Justin_Bedard
 
Justin_Bedard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Checking around, Roscoe finds one of the bag carts. Much too big to get up the emergency exit stairs (or the door, for that matter). But on the top he sees an odd bag. Recognizing it as a military go-bag (pre-packed bags for paratroopers), he sees the thumper. several 40mm grenades sat beside it. "Whoever left this here must have been in a hurry" Thought Roscoe.

< GO-bag parachute; 12 lbs. holds up to 300 lbs.
"Thumper"; 4d-1 [2d] cr ex, Acc 1, Range 30/440, ROF 1, Shots 1(3), ST 8+, Bulk -4, Rcl 2, 6.5 lbs. Loaded.
6 40x46mm grenades (3 lbs total)>
(Roscoe has roughly 12 seconds left, -4 to climb up the stair & through the doors.)
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #342
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Rosco grabs to goodies and heads back to the group, he see's that Butch is out of ammo.

"Hey Butch, Give this one a try!"

and tosses him the Thumper.

(I've only got two points of damage on me, one from bleeding. I think technically my arm is still crippled until I heal one more point, but I thought I'd check with you and see if I can use it, or if I'm doing this all one handed...)

Rosco then pulls a grenade out of the bag.

"Henry, I've got a half dozen of these babies in here! Think this is enough with your explosives to collapse the hallway, or should I just start tossing them when they get close enough?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #343
Justin_Bedard
 
Justin_Bedard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Henry looks around for structurally weak spots, finding one just past the barricade, 27 yards from the terminal entrance. "If you're going to blow anything up, do it THERE." He said, pointing at the wall. (8/8 on architecture)

Glenn, Henry, Gordy, Sierra & Red run towards the side terminal and reach it... (6 seconds, out of time.)

The biplane can be heard spinning up, as the captain steps out and yells "Led's go!"

The horde is 10 yards from the barricade. Roscoe is 15 yards from both the barricade & the terminal. Butch is either directly at the barricade, or a yard or two away from Roscoe (Not clear what you did with remaining 6 seconds).
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #344
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Rosco sticks a grenade in the crook of a beam next to the spot Henry indicated, with the pin pulled but the release wedged in place so the timer has not been started, he then runs back away a distance, and pulls out the pin of another grenade with his teeth, and throws it at the weak spot and runs like hell.

(Throwing 11, +4 for targetting a Hex, ( 4 + 3 + 2 ) = 9 )

(and that can be how I spent the other 6 seconds)
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #345
Justin_Bedard
 
Justin_Bedard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

(I'll take a wild guess that Butch'll be running away...)
Butch barely clears the terminal entry as the grenades blow, blasting the beam apart. The entire ceiling crumbles, bringing down tons of concrete on top of the infected. "F^@* YEAH!"

The group, hearing the roaring motor of the biplane, turns to the Captain. "Is it ready to go?" "A-aye." he responds, mildy suprised at the mess he landed himself in.

"Let's get out of here." Everyone gets into the plane.

The small biplane is a 8-seater, with small bag areas at the top, and under the seats. The plane has already been loaded with some fishing gear, as well as a few suitcases. The brown seats are obviously leather, seemingly a high quality aircraft. The cockpit opens to another 2 seats, surrounded by controls. Glenn sits all the way in the back checking his gun, as well as his bag. "Can't believe we're getting out of here!" he exclaims, downing one of his bottles of water. Henry sits besides him, making sure to not sit on any of the vials. He takes them out. "Only two left, that was close!". Sierra, sits in the second row on the door's side (from the door), sighing. Gordy sits behind Sierra, oddly calm for the situation. Red stood at the front of the plane, just before the divide. He lit another cigarette, sighing.

<Make a perception roll at -3>
(Glenn: 12/7
Henry: 15/10
Sierra: 9/9 Success)

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-21-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #346
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

(( 2 + 4 + 5 ) = 11 failed by the modifier. Let's wait for Skullcrusher, maybe he'll have more luck. )
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #347
Skullcrusher
 
Skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Butch's perception roll - 3d6 Rolling 3d6 ( 4 + 2 + 2 ) = 8

Missed by 1

Butch relieved to be out of that nightmare for now sits back and reloads his shotgun.
__________________
You can get more with a 2X4 and a kind word then with just a kind word!

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #348
Justin_Bedard
 
Justin_Bedard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Sensing something amiss, Sierra looked around, trying to identify the horrid smell. It was subtle enough that no one else noticed, as they relaxed and sat down in the seats. Uneasy, she grabs her pistol out of her bag.

The Captain hollered to the back of the plane "Led's go! we're gonna try tae get to where?" The captain went on, suggesting a few locations.
(Choose your destination!
1) Fort Mcallison. 300 Mi. S, it's a declared "safe" zone.
2) Callais. 180 Mi. NE, possibly contained on the Canadian border.
3) Skohegan. 110 mi. SW. largest commercial & millitary zone in maine.
4) Deer Island, 130 Mi. SE. Original flight trip.)

Placing his bottle back in his bag, Glenn started. "We should head for the island... Less people there, and it's probably not covered in infected yet..."
Henry responds, "We could head north. If this... disease, is spreading fast, it might be safer where it's colder."
Gordy is in his own world, humming.
Red, Worried, said "We could head to that safe zone... but I kinda doubt it's really safe... I mean, c'mon. this stuff's crazy!"
Sierra looks upset, and starts to scan the area behind her. She can't help but feel as is something's wrong. "W-we should head to Skohegan. They've got a lot of guns down there...."

<Perception roll at -2>
(Glenn: 9/9
Red: 8/10
Henry: 13/11
Sierra: 7/10)

Red smells the air, noticing the odor overlapping the smell of nicotine. looking around, he notices it's coming from in front of him. (The back of the plane)
Henry, thinking he smelt chemicals, checked his vials, making sure they were air-tight.
Sierra Jumped up walking over to red. She knew that someone was infected. but who? "Glenn! w-when you were out by yourself, did you notice the smell?"
"What smell?" He asked. finally noticing it. "It's the smell that thing in closet made." Glenn held his arm up to his face, checking to see if it was him. Certain it wasn't coming from him, He looked around at the rest of the group. Had someone been attacked without them noticing?
Remembering the captain's weird I.D. method (Glenn had some time alone with the captain during the airstrip fight, in which the captain had told him how to identify Russian parasites, Dormant Jekylls and Infected bites. Captain knew due to a super-high perception and events leading up to him being stuck in the security office.), Glenn pulled on some of his hair. Plucking one out, it stayed limp. "I'm not infected..." Glenn reached over to Henry, pulling out some of the blonde hair. "Neither is Henry..." Catching on to the method, Red grabbed at his mustached, Taking a chunk of manly hair out. "Same here!", He instinctively reached for sierra's hair. "Ow!" she yelled, unprepared. It stayed limp as well.

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-21-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #349
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

"See if we can make radio contact with Skohegan, if it's secure, that would be my first choice. Then try the 'safe zone' and see if it's actually safe."

Rosco's hair is too short to check it by that method. He changes his bandage and gives his wound a good sniff while he does.

3d6=10 Success by 1 on First Aid.
3d6=6 Success by 5 on Per.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #350
Skullcrusher
 
Skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Butch says,"I'd think the Military would shoot us down. I doubt they'd let anyone in now. I hate to admit it but the Island is probably untouched."

(Already rolled Butch's perception roll previously and missed by 1)

"Ok which one of you A-holes cut the cheese?"

(figured he smelled something just not what it actually is)
__________________
You can get more with a 2X4 and a kind word then with just a kind word!

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mutants, pbp, semi-cinematic, zombies

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.